aliens

Author Topic: [Request with solutions by Civilian & Robin] How to recover a craft ?  (Read 4053 times)

Offline davide

• Commander
    • View Profile
I wish recover a craft from a mission.

I imagine that it is necessary to retrieve an object that unlocks a new craft manufactory project

The recovered object could has a description about "It is aslightly damaged craft. It could be repaired ..."
The manufacture project could has description "Repair damaged craft named abc" (It needs free hangar as usual)

thanks
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 09:47:04 am by davide »

Offline kkmic

• Commander
  • Undefined
    • View Profile
Re: [Request] How to recover a craft ?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2016, 01:07:56 pm »
I suppose that you could add an item to the map that is recoverable and can be used to manufacture a new craft.

Offline davide

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2016, 02:16:11 pm »
Has the recoverable item to have sprites ?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2016, 06:37:08 pm »
Has the recoverable item to have sprites ?

No, at least not the floorob. I suggest you give it a bigob anyway, because then it could be displayed in the Ufopaedia, but make sure to place it in a place where a soldier is unlikely to stand, so you wouldn't see in in battlescape.

Offline new_civilian

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2016, 01:30:14 pm »
Here you go, davide. I took the FHYR small scout idea, some of canadianbeaver's graphics and went ahead.

Notes:

research not tested in game yet
everything else seems fine, tested it in debug mode only, however.
credits:
CanadianBeaver for the Ufopaedia sky background (from his Lightning Ufopaedia fix)
Droggarth for the FHYR mod
You, for the idea
me :-)
Boredom, for actually forcing me to do this

The terrain and maps/routes are edited original files.

It's possible that the research does not display both ufopedias at once, if that's the case just delete the getonefree entry.

hf²!

Offline robin

• Commander
  • ULTIMATE ROOKIE
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2016, 02:11:13 pm »
you can also link an MCD to an item, adding a specialType entry to the item; the MCD then should be given the same value to its Target_Type.
example:
specialType: 30 (in ruleset)
Target_Type 30 (in MCDEdit)
(Use a value of 20+ because some values -up to 14 iirc- are already used; max is 99 i think).

The linked item is automatically recovered if that MCD is still undamaged by the end of a mission (1 item for each MCD present on the battlescape).
Then I guess you can use the item to manufacture a craft..? I'm not sure about this.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 02:14:34 pm by robin »

Offline davide

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2016, 03:14:55 pm »
Thank you very much to all friends :)

Offline new_civilian

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2016, 12:09:41 pm »
you can also link an MCD to an item, adding a specialType entry to the item; the MCD then should be given the same value to its Target_Type.
example:
specialType: 30 (in ruleset)
Target_Type 30 (in MCDEdit)
(Use a value of 20+ because some values -up to 14 iirc- are already used; max is 99 i think).

The linked item is automatically recovered if that MCD is still undamaged by the end of a mission (1 item for each MCD present on the battlescape).
Then I guess you can use the item to manufacture a craft..? I'm not sure about this.

True and yes you can use it as an ingredient-item for manufacture. I opted for the way I used in my mod as it was a bit more convinient ,flexible and easier/faster to do, but robin's way is actually much more elegant.