aliens

Author Topic: How do I mod my files to make my Hands stronger?  (Read 9621 times)

Offline Moon_Dew

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: How do I mod my files to make my Hands stronger?
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2016, 04:36:18 pm »
Here - unzip into the mods folder, edit the stats in soldiers.rul as you see fit, then activate the mod.

Do you have a mod that'll affect training caps too?

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2016, 04:39:49 pm »
Just copy the trainingCaps: sections from Piratez.rul into the appropriate places in soldiers.rul, then edit.

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2016, 04:46:21 pm »
The only real problem that you are facing is that your hands are inexperienced.  In this game they quickly improve if you get them some time beating and shooting things. 

Just get an Aircar and mount the Charger Laser. (Cunning>Contact: Car Dealers).  Shoot down civ shippings, and harvest their crews (stunning where possible for more rewards). 

The gals at their max are superior to vanilla xcom vets in all aspects but Psi/voodoo.  This is by design.

If you just make all your gals superheros at the start you greatly reduce the amount of satisfaction that this mod provides by watching them improve.  Heck, we even have soldier diaries now to track details of the missions they participate in.

Ok, stepping down off my soapbox now.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2016, 04:48:11 pm »
Or you can just kick out the weaklings and hire new Hands.

I never do that, but it's a perfectly valid option.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2016, 06:41:15 pm »
Please calm down, no need to discuss fair and square solutions in a topic about cheating. I'd advise trying the Kid difficulty before cheating, but if even that's too much... Or if a player doesn't want to play as Mutant Pirates but Superheroes... With double stats, on maxed out gal, you're almost as fast as a motorbike and have more Health than a small tank.

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2016, 07:05:36 pm »
Please calm down, no need to discuss fair and square solutions in a topic about cheating. I'd advise trying the Kid difficulty before cheating, but if even that's too much... Or if a player doesn't want to play as Mutant Pirates but Superheroes... With double stats, on maxed out gal, you're almost as fast as a motorbike and have more Health than a small tank.

Oops, My bad. </sane discussion>

Yeah, for cheating... er I mean modding, you need an editor that can handle the finicky nature of YAML syntax.  Everything is in a hierarchy of spaces, two per level. I your editor uses tabs, it breaks YAML.   I recommend Notepad++.   Turn on view characters, so you can see the difference between tabs and spaces.  Also there is a tool to bulk convert tabs to spaces.

Offline BetaSpectre

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2016, 08:23:32 pm »
Whenever I want to do this I mod the Piratez.rul file with notepad+ then change all the hired soldier stats to 100 or higher.

I generally don't like doing that since personally it's more fun to have weak newbies who can get stronger after being sent on meat grinder missions.

Offline khade

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2016, 12:44:15 am »
In the arcade era, people would totally mod their games, built little adapters, opened up the machine, hooked them in, and suddenly PacMan was Mrs PacMan and much harder. :)

Most famous one, which became official. I'm sure there were others,  that I'm unaware of, maybe even to make the game easier.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2016, 05:32:53 am »
In the arcade era, people would totally mod their games, built little adapters, opened up the machine, hooked them in, and suddenly PacMan was Mrs PacMan and much harder. :)

I'm sure most arcade owners frowned if a player came in from the street and started to gut their machine :P And even if a machine was modded, it was unique, since modding required hardware.