Author Topic: How do I mod my files to make my Hands stronger?  (Read 9482 times)

Offline Moon_Dew

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
How do I mod my files to make my Hands stronger?
« on: August 25, 2016, 04:21:10 am »
Just getting back into playing X-PirateZ, but I just remembered that my units have a tendency to be a little on the weak side sometimes (I've read that, overall, they're worse than XCOM soldiers.  What do I edit to give my gals better starts from the get-go?

Offline khade

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: How do I mod my files to make my Hands stronger?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2016, 04:41:55 am »
Your Hands are faster stronger and tougher than normal humans, they aren't as good at psychic stuffs though.  Your starting crew are guaranteed to have higher minimums compared to normal Ubers, so my advice is to start your game and see what you have before trying to mess with it.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2016, 05:35:20 am »
I've read that, overall, they're worse than XCOM soldiers. 

The opposite is true, but some might start low on a few stats.

Offline Starving Poet

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2016, 06:04:25 am »
[Dad Joke] I recommend installing heavy springs in your keyboard[/Dad Joke]

Offline nrafield

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2016, 02:55:44 pm »
I find that I get gals with terminal lack of strength of about 18 pretty often, but supermutants with 61 strength aren't that uncommon either.  Not sure if the random stat distribution has even been changed at all from the original, it probably just wasn't that noticeable because almost everyone could carry a single Heavy Plasma.

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2016, 03:13:32 pm »
Starting strength bottomed out at 20 in vanilla, and the bodybuilders started at 40.  I think the max is 50?  In X-Piratez, it's 10-50 starting, up to 80, but your starting gals can have up to 55.

Offline Moon_Dew

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2016, 03:15:32 pm »
Unless I'm just crappy at this, I feel like my piratez are getting killed a little too much for my liking.  How do I improve their potential stats (that is, the lowest and highest their stats can be)?

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2016, 03:18:36 pm »
Unless I'm just crappy at this, I feel like my piratez are getting killed a little too much for my liking.  How do I improve their potential stats (that is, the lowest and highest their stats can be)?

By modding their attributes.
(Relevant attributes: https://www.ufopaedia.org/index.php/Ruleset_Reference_Nightly_(OpenXcom)#Player_Units_.28Soldiers.29)

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2016, 03:21:56 pm »
Look for the values in Piratez.rul for minStats, maxStats, and statCaps, and either edit them there (not recommended - you'll have to redo it when you update versions), or make a mod for this tweak by copying the relevant sections of the soldiers: header and edit there.

Offline Moon_Dew

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2016, 03:37:43 pm »
Unless there's some weird sort of anti-hacking feature, modifying my piratez' stats in the ruleset causes the game to default to regular OpenXCOM, regardless of whether or not the XPirateZ mod's activated.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2016, 03:40:02 pm »
How the hell did we arrive at a world where cheating is the first answer, when facing even a little difficulty? I miss the arcades.

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2016, 03:41:11 pm »
Unless there's some weird sort of anti-hacking feature, modifying my piratez' stats in the ruleset causes the game to default to regular OpenXCOM, regardless of whether or not the XPirateZ mod's activated.

You have a syntax error there (probably some indentation problems)... and OpenXcom has therefore turned piratez off.

How the hell did we arrive at a world where cheating is the first answer, when facing even a little difficulty? I miss the arcades.

No worries, he'll find out it was better before soon enough.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2016, 03:45:48 pm »
I can only hope, for this planet's sake.
And yes - if don't know what you're doing, better try making a sub-mod for piratez, or ask someone here to do it for you, than modify piratez proper, since you'll easily get yourself in a mess. The egine simply disables any faulty mods on startup.

Offline Moon_Dew

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2016, 04:03:54 pm »
Great, now the black market's messed up!  I'm trying to double the min and max stats of my piratez, as well as doubling how high their stats can be trained, and  the stats cap.  Could someone here make a mod that'll do that?  Cheating, I know, but cheating can be fun too (besides, for a human sub-species called the Ubers, they're not all that uber in my opinion.)

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2016, 04:17:54 pm »
Here - unzip into the mods folder, edit the stats in soldiers.rul as you see fit, then activate the mod.