Author Topic: [Documentation] Multiple inventory templates  (Read 18488 times)

Offline CanadianBeaver

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • AwesomeGuns
Re: Multiple inventory templates
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2016, 08:14:44 pm »
a lot of the developers and players enjoy working with linux, especially for building versions of the project.

Yes, you are right. A lot of developers from two and half man do it for himself. These forks work good on the developer's PC, but outside... May I ask you, how many repositories of forks exist for Linux? Also, how many repositories of OpenXcom nightly exist for different Linux?

Anyway, I have got the answer for my main question about layouts. Thank you. I am so sorry that I do not share your enthusiasm about forks.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2016, 09:44:23 pm »
Just for future reference, absolutely all forks in all repositories in all versions support linux.

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
  • Deep Ruleset Digger & Bughunter
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2016, 11:09:39 pm »
Yes, you are right. A lot of developers from two and half man do it for himself. These forks work good on the developer's PC, but outside... May I ask you, how many repositories of forks exist for Linux? Also, how many repositories of OpenXcom nightly exist for different Linux?

Anyway, I have got the answer for my main question about layouts. Thank you. I am so sorry that I do not share your enthusiasm about forks.
ok, first and foremost. It does not matter which of the forks you use, they all originate here and oxce and oxce+ basically always pull in bugfixes and changes from the main tree.

Installation instructions for this can be found here and here
Read learn and adept and dont throw around your attitude here.
If you have questions you can always ask. Even visit the irc #openxcom @ freenode
people will certainly help you.

Offline Stoddard

• Colonel
  • in a fey mood
    • View Profile
    • Linux builds & stuff
« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2016, 12:21:10 am »
OXCE+ for linux is being continuosly built here https://lxnt.wtf/oxem/

Between minimal dependencies and three ubuntu flavours one surely can find a binary that would work on some other linux.
Besides I can add another dozen builds no problem, I just don't know which ones are wanted.