Author Topic: How to build the Conqueror?  (Read 13948 times)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Re: How to build the Conqueror?
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2016, 03:39:01 pm »
For now, I'll added a heads-up info in the Fuel Capsule description, that you will need 500 to go to Mars. Should be of some help at least, until the Conqueror manufacture is properly overhauled (and thus, spread up).

As for the SG coordinator capture, I plan on adding a high-end building that gives you global radar coverage and allows to crack the SG Coordinator code as long as you've interrogated any Star God and have the 'Death or Glory!' researched. But it requires making gfx and maps for said building, so can't happen that easily :) Maybe it'll be the 'Queen's Palace' which'll allow to kill several birds with one stone, but 3x3 map takes time to make, especially if I want it to look cooler than most.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2016, 03:58:17 pm »
I was thinking maybe after "death or glory" and "conqueror" research are done, you could enable some small mission to happen periodically once a month or once every two months.
This would just spawn a mission site, where you could capture a SGC... the difficulty of the mission is up to you. The idea is just to reliably increase their presence when needed.
The mission site could be called for example "Management meeting" :D I'm sure a high ranking star god has a reason to come down to earth every now and then... not everything can be solved via hyperwaves.

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2016, 04:14:56 pm »
Or make that one of the proposed space missions, where you attack a station with a coordinator on it.

Maybe add a raid where you can grab fuel cells as well. Not many at a time, but it might help those that didn't realize you need to print money with factories to complement your pirating.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2016, 04:36:26 pm »
Both ideas are sensible. I especially like the idea of an orbital station mission, because space is cool and space terrorism is unique. :P But the Coordinator clearly visits our planet too, so an additional mission on Earth would be perfectly fine.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2016, 05:12:38 pm »
Yeah a monthly space mission with guaranteed +200 or so Hellerium and a chance to meet SGC sounds just fine. Too bad I have to take more care of my life and modding will have to be curtailed for some time :)

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2016, 05:41:00 pm »
I like where all this is going.  :)  These ideas should help alot!
So far, I think my general feeling is that  Mod overall is in great shape up to End Game.  Then it devolves to a grind fest as noted here and other threads, etc.  Obviously Dioxine is not done with game design and polish and I think all of this feedback and brainstorming is good for achieving the desired overall balance. :)
I have not yet gone back to try the new Early Game, and I'm highly considering putting my current campaign on hold to try that.  I don't imagine that any of the end game mission re-works are feasible before this fall with Dioxine's current schedule. 

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2016, 05:49:06 pm »
I have not yet gone back to try the new Early Game, and I'm highly considering putting my current campaign on hold to try that.

I'd recommend waiting until the next update, which will be a significant development of early game. It should come out soon.

Offline lusciouspear

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 11, 2016, 10:56:27 am »
200 Hellerium? Can we increase that by an Order of Magnitude? ;)

It'd be nice if the eventual Conqueror components were useful on their own. Makes it a little more rewarding to strive for. Unique missions (I like the space idea ... maybe each component gets you to L1, L2., Moon...) or air combat bonuses or something.