Author Topic: Re: The X-Com Files - 3.3: Mysteries Ancient And New  (Read 2003872 times)

Offline Apocca

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: The X-Com Files - 2.8: The Lunar Protocol
« Reply #5205 on: April 05, 2023, 12:07:48 pm »
What are the changes for a Dreamscape mission? I have Dreaming but after 1 year in-game I have yet to get such a mission.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #5206 on: April 06, 2023, 11:29:17 am »
What are the changes for a Dreamscape mission? I have Dreaming but after 1 year in-game I have yet to get such a mission.

The chances aren't high. Also, there are only two such missions as of now.

Offline Apocca

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5207 on: April 06, 2023, 05:42:34 pm »
The chances aren't high. Also, there are only two such missions as of now.

Ah, ok.

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5208 on: April 11, 2023, 12:36:44 pm »
If 100 XCF players want it to stack, but the XCF modder doesn't want it to stack... I will listen to the modder.
@Solarius: Does 'the XCF modder' :D want them to stack or not stack?

Offline DarthTheIII

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5209 on: April 13, 2023, 01:50:16 am »
I just finished about a 2 year xcom files break, working on a new playthrough now.  I love the intercepted transmissions you get whenver you move up a tier with one of the 4 cults.  It really makes the "world" feel more active

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5210 on: April 13, 2023, 01:24:03 pm »
@Solarius: Does 'the XCF modder' :D want them to stack or not stack?

Replied in the relevant thread. ;)
(spoiler: my reply was "yes")

I just finished about a 2 year xcom files break, working on a new playthrough now.  I love the intercepted transmissions you get whenver you move up a tier with one of the 4 cults.  It really makes the "world" feel more active

Cool! But all credit with these messages goes to Helrica. Thanks, Helrica! :)

Offline Czudak

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5211 on: April 18, 2023, 03:00:55 pm »
I won't be able to work on the mod page/teaser of this lovely modification for a quite long while, since a serious thing just turned up at my place. Just a heads up; will get back to it the moment I would be able. Cheers, and keep this shit rollin'! Czudak, "ołwer and ałt".

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5212 on: April 20, 2023, 10:02:46 pm »
A short message to players who use the GitHub version: today I overhauled how ladders work (well, most of them), using a new OXCE function. This function requires an OXCE version which is still unreleased, so you will need to get it from https://lxnt.wtf/oxem/#/Extended (or just ignore it and accept that most ladders can't be climbed).

Offline OwenQ

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5213 on: April 25, 2023, 01:48:23 am »
So I was going nuts reading that OXCE had a craft range indicator that I never could see for some reason. Searching just turned up the fact that it was there and not how to activate it or anything - just that it was 'always enabled'.

Well, for anyone else having the same problem, it's tied to the Options -> Geoscape -> Globe Details -> Radars button. This makes a lot of sense, but for whatever reason I had failed to turn that on in my fresh install of X-COM Files and it had gone unnoticed because I have yet to make it to radars anyway.

a little SEO stuffing for anyone else in my shoes: max range indicator, craft range indicator, interceptor range indicator

Offline NuclearStudent

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5214 on: April 26, 2023, 09:47:46 pm »
Allo allo, been a few years, lovely to see that this project is still going. Ambitious and glorious as always.

Side note, I think the installation tutorial is now obsolete: new XFiles doesn't seem to come with Extended packaged, and the readme similarly has changed.

Offline NuclearStudent

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5215 on: April 26, 2023, 10:59:46 pm »
Also, quick question from someone who's been out for a while - does reduced vision from night affect human opponents?

Offline Dreams_Of_Cheese

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5216 on: April 26, 2023, 11:11:35 pm »
Also, quick question from someone who's been out for a while - does reduced vision from night affect human opponents?
It does, but as I understand, the AI is given free vision of your soldier as soon as you hit one of them with your guns. You can avoid that with grenades, but in general the night time advantage lasts only as far as you can choose where you start the gunfight. This combines with sniper/spotter mechanics to give vision to a Lot of enemies with certain factions.

Offline NuclearStudent

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5217 on: April 27, 2023, 12:09:57 am »
It does, but as I understand, the AI is given free vision of your soldier as soon as you hit one of them with your guns. You can avoid that with grenades, but in general the night time advantage lasts only as far as you can choose where you start the gunfight. This combines with sniper/spotter mechanics to give vision to a Lot of enemies with certain factions.

Ty!

night missions still a bit grim then

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5218 on: April 27, 2023, 07:59:23 am »
You might not be as screwed if you hit a non-spotter, since then the others can't just shoot at you without vision. Works against some cultists, but not aliens or tougher enemies.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5219 on: April 27, 2023, 03:39:21 pm »
Allo allo, been a few years, lovely to see that this project is still going. Ambitious and glorious as always.

Thank you for your kind words and welcome back!

Side note, I think the installation tutorial is now obsolete: new XFiles doesn't seem to come with Extended packaged, and the readme similarly has changed.

OK, I removed the link to Ivan's tutorial. Thanks.

You might not be as screwed if you hit a non-spotter, since then the others can't just shoot at you without vision. Works against some cultists, but not aliens or tougher enemies.

Yeah... But without this feature, the AI is helpless in the dark against a mean player with mean flares. :)