aliens

Author Topic: [EXE][WIP] OpenXcom Highly Advanced (OXCHA)  (Read 17140 times)

niculinux

Re: [EXE][WIP] OpenXcom Highly Advanced (OXCHA)
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2017, 11:46:30 am »
Is it capable to run in Lunux mods that are using openxcom extended/extended+? Needs dependencies to be installed first?

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2017, 03:17:01 pm »
Is it capable to run in Lunux mods that are using openxcom extended/extended+? Needs dependencies to be installed first?

This is the wrong place to ask about extended/extended+, you should check out the extended subforum. And yes, the extended/extended+ executables (OXCE/OXCE+) can be run on linux, Meridian has a link to some pre-built versions or you can compile it yourself with the same libraries you'd use for nightly openxcom (OXC).  Mods are just text files and resources, and so should be compatible with any OS without extra libraries, save for some GIF file weirdness on OS X.

niculinux

« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2017, 03:29:32 pm »
This is the wrong place to ask about extended/extended+, you should check out the extended subforum. And yes, the extended/extended+ executables (OXCE/OXCE+) can be run on linux, Meridian has a link to some pre-built versions or you can compile it yourself with the same libraries you'd use for nightly openxcom (OXC).  Mods are just text files and resources, and so should be compatible with any OS without extra libraries, save for some GIF file weirdness on OS X.

Got it but i was referring to the particular and specific version by Xtendo-com, object of this thread. Thanks  and, my bad :)

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2017, 03:41:10 pm »
Got it but i was referring to the particular and specific version by Xtendo-com, object of this thread. Thanks  and, my bad :)

Ah, okay. In that case, you can't use OXCE/OXCE+ mods with this executable; they will at least be missing features, and at worst will cause crashes. You should be able to get this thread's executable to run on linux using either the binary in the first post or building it from the source on the github page. However, the last edit here is old enough that recent changes to the nightly are not included, and mods that depend on those changes may crash or not work correctly.

Offline tkzv

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2017, 07:25:17 pm »
In that case, you can't use OXCE/OXCE+ mods with this executable; they will at least be missing features, and at worst will cause crashes. You should be able to get this thread's executable to run on linux using either the binary in the first post or building it from the source on the github page. However, the last edit here is old enough that recent changes to the nightly are not included, and mods that depend on those changes may crash or not work correctly.
Yes, to combine this capability with new features one has to patch the new sources by hand. OXCE+ has renamed several variables, therefore these patches can't be applied automatically. Everything seems pretty straightforward, at least, and Xtendo even separated the patches, allowing to work with each feature separately. I didn't have time for that lately, but I'm going to try this weekend.

Status update for 2017-11-18: I managed to stick most of Xtendo's and yrizoud's code for "Extend civilians behaviour" into the latest OXCE+.

I don't think civilians should get any special treatment. They are humans, just like X-COM operatives, only weaker, frailer and unarmoured. Thus, I don't like the idea of "stun equals death", so I didn't add the corresponding fragments. I don't think they should get any special bonuses or penalties to the morale ­— let them panic and berserk as much as they want, but I may change my mind about that. Identifying all the morale-affecting lines proves harder than I expected :)

That said, OXCE+ compiles and works, at least without mods. There may be some troubles with lighting and visibility — the line
Code: [Select]
getTileEngine()->calculateUnitLighting() refused to compile. There is no method with a fitting signature, and the closest I found is private. I'll start by testing the game without it. I'll post the code on GitHub when I'm satisfied.

Update 2: I think, I broke "visibility" logic.

Update 3: Visibility works fine, it's just hard to understand. The only problem so far is losing control of civilians after pressing "next unit". I don't have time again, so I'm uploading the code to GitHub as it is. Stun no longer kills, but I left the morale-changing code untouched. The biggest change is replacing getMoraleModifier with getUnitMoraleModifier. Hope it's the same. https://github.com/tkzv/OpenXcom/commit/70122f48c343789a9f2dc4d75af89cb5077c24c9

Update 4: In a mission with many monsters and civilians, both controlled and not controlled, the game frequently hangs with 100% processor load after I press "End Turn".
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 10:38:00 pm by tkzv »