Author Topic: WARNING: Missing new mission for upgrades to v0.96  (Read 12356 times)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Re: WARNING: Missing new mission for upgrades to v0.96
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2015, 05:12:26 am »
The current Piratez version uses OXC from before mission scripting was finished. The one I am working on now has mission scripting functions, but I know little about how to use them, yet :) I need to learn from someone, and your mod seems to be using this to the biggest extent :)

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
  • Infiltration subroutine in progress
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2015, 02:37:47 pm »
The current Piratez version uses OXC from before mission scripting was finished. The one I am working on now has mission scripting functions, but I know little about how to use them, yet :) I need to learn from someone, and your mod seems to be using this to the biggest extent :)

I see. :)

Well, Redux isn't exactly too complicated at this stage regarding missionScripting but here are a few major design choices for you to consider when using mission scripting:
* The number of missions generated each month (2 to 3 on the vanilla first months, then at least 4 + shootdown retaliations)
* The type of missions for each month (on vanilla, it's table + terror + retaliation)
* Conditionals (mission X only happens if mission Y wasn't generated this month or if research Z has been completed)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2015, 03:15:21 pm »
So I have a question :) Would my 5 types of retals work with new code? And if they (probably) won't, how to fix them to the new functionality?

Code: [Select]
  - type: STR_ALIEN_RETALIATION_S
    objective: 4
    spawnUfo: STR_VESSEL_BOARDING_TORPEDO
    raceWeights: {}
    missionWeights:
      0: 20

(this code is replied 5 times, with different Ufo and weight each time)

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
  • Infiltration subroutine in progress
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2015, 03:34:05 pm »
So I have a question :) Would my 5 types of retals work with new code? And if they (probably) won't, how to fix them to the new functionality?

Code: [Select]
  - type: STR_ALIEN_RETALIATION_S
    objective: 4
    spawnUfo: STR_VESSEL_BOARDING_TORPEDO
    raceWeights: {}
    missionWeights:
      0: 20

(this code is replied 5 times, with different Ufo and weight each time)

This should still work, but my doubt is the propose of having the 'missionWeights' since that is supposed to be used for MissionScripting

niculinux

« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2015, 11:13:04 pm »

so in the future probably no more tampering as posted by Artanhor? Please folks, tell me "yes!" :D

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2015, 02:26:41 am »
Mission scripting is a different beast. But if Dioxine puts new missions in through scripts instead of in the table, they wouldn't need to be put in the save upon upgrades. But those are two different things. Certain things you do with the scripts, certain things with the table. We'll see what the future holds!