aliens

Author Topic: Extended Piratez general FAQ/Strategy Guide  (Read 328657 times)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Re: Extended Piratez general FAQ/Strategy Guide
« Reply #105 on: September 02, 2016, 01:45:20 pm »
Lol. Welcome to Planet Earth. It's in ingame Bootypedia -> Hotkeys.

niculinux

« Reply #106 on: March 10, 2018, 11:55:28 am »
Some hints how get the workshop? In versions previous 0.99 branch i remember it was more easy.

And how do work the bounty missions? How we unlock them and how these work? Another nice addiction in 0.99.xx  :)

Offline Eddie

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 10, 2018, 12:39:52 pm »
There is a tech tree viewer in the game that you can use to see what research you need for workshop.

For bounty hunting: research the topic bounty hunting. Missions will spawn the next month.

niculinux

« Reply #108 on: March 10, 2018, 09:49:03 pm »
How do player checkshis score? There's no edicated screen, lije "funding"  in the geoscape?

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 10, 2018, 10:01:49 pm »
Use the graphs screen; activity is equal to score from missions.

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 10, 2018, 11:07:19 pm »
The finance tab even has a "score" category.

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 19, 2018, 04:21:17 am »
just figured id drop my tip in here:
If you're kinda close to someone and you want to throw explosives at them - dont. Instead run up at them, drop the explosive (costs 2 TU and no energy) then run away behind them or otherwise out of their view and get to cover. Use of sprinting is encouraged. This wont get the explosive in the same tile as them, but it will basically do the job (I think it hits under armor if they're even adjacent to it). If your grenades and explosives are pre-primed like they should be... you could even drop 2 grenades right beside them, especially worthwhile for chem, incendiary, and stun grenades.

(tends to be very useful in reticulan ships too, rather than engage in melee or gunfire you just run through dropping grenades as you go, or releasing a firebomb on each floor)

This idea came up about base defense recently and its one way you can employ barrel bombing in a hangar. Lots of energy and TUs and provokes reaction fire to throw it, and it will not travel. So just come off the catwalk with a full TU meter, drop it on the ground, then run into the next room and around the corner. High reactions enemies might get a shot off but the barrel will already be in the room with them, also you're more likely to be shot running away than entering the room if you started with full TUs (I guess that can be a serious thing if the dude is using a plasma scorcher).

Multiple hands can do this with lesser explosives to take out the lokknarr barn too. Two hands with satchel charges, maybe 4 hands with High-Ex. You just get them in position, wait until the next turn - then everybody drops it and runs. No need for the barrel bomb necessarily and it will give those hands something to do rather than reaction fire on the farmer.

KZad Bhat

« Reply #112 on: March 19, 2018, 08:32:44 am »
If your throwing is still fairly low . . . chances are that trick even gets the explosives closer to your target too.

Offline Martin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 19, 2018, 10:58:28 am »
I think one satchel charge is cheaper than 4 high explosives.

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
  • Pet Lokk'Nar 9,99 $/hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 19, 2018, 03:38:01 pm »
High explosives do the job. Same like spare dynamite. Just a matter of tech and money.
All guns can be rest in the craft/ in the quickdraw while you set up for the big boom on the final turn and run for it.
You can't lose the mission unless you let your soldiers get shot by the farmer/s and/or blow yourself up.

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 19, 2018, 05:25:24 pm »
High explosives do the job. Same like spare dynamite. Just a matter of tech and money.
All guns can be rest in the craft.

Sorry but I have a loadout for my hands that I dont like deviating from, this gal gets this weapon, this gal gets this armor. Everything in meticulous spots. Its a big bother to swap out weapons and drop stuff pre-mission even with ctrl+clicking. For farm missions my hands are all still armed, I just try to zero out their TUs or use up their time with moving around. Explosives be in the other hand, or on their belt/backpack.

Its also another good mission to bring Tamed Reapers on because if the farmer comes out, he'll shoot at the reaper. Just have to make sure its outside the blast radius because reapers are made of glass when it comes to booms.

KZad Bhat

« Reply #116 on: March 20, 2018, 09:44:18 am »
Press F5, save the loadouts. Press F9, you can load up a saved loadout. You can store up to 20.

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 20, 2018, 10:22:12 am »
Such a nice feature indeed!
Loadout for: Assault, Rifleman, Rocketeer, Grenadier, Heavy Weapon, Airforce and Toolbox/Medic

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 20, 2018, 07:51:54 pm »
Press F5, save the loadouts. Press F9, you can load up a saved loadout. You can store up to 20.
Not good enough since it should save what Every member was carrying not just one person. Including Armor. I almost never use the feature because of that. At least the template buttons on the side work well enough for setting up hands since Ctrl+click on items will never put items on shoulder or leg slots (that's where I put items first).

Usually basic load everyone gets is like...
Aye Phone:  Left Shoulder
Stick Grenade: Left Shoulder
HE Grenade: Right Shoulder
Hellerium Grenade: Right Shoulder
2 Primed Grenades: Quick Draw (knockout and HE, two HE, or some other combo)

Spare Ammo: Right Leg
Maybe Primed Dynamite: Left Leg

Barbed Dagger/Stun Rod: Belt
Pistol: Belt

...that is mostly made painless by the template button I guess
« Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 07:58:15 pm by RSSwizard »

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 20, 2018, 09:22:06 pm »
Those all-day tools are fine to have and I like the placement.
Maybe stick to the same grenade type for explosives and exchange stick-grenade for spike grenade. Kinda like a direct upgrade with less range but more boom.
Aye Phone could be set in the leg-slot instead to draw it even faster (2 TUs less to transfer from left leg to left hand)
Where goes the surgery kits?
Any stimms and painkillers?
Healing salves and cakes? Mushroom beer?
How about smoke grenades? - Do your shotgunners really need so many grenades?