Author Topic: Extended Piratez general FAQ/Strategy Guide  (Read 389466 times)

Offline ontherun

• Colonel
  • public enemy no. 1
    • View Profile
Re: Extended Piratez general FAQ/Strategy Guide
« Reply #945 on: May 27, 2024, 11:17:03 am »
othet two alternative startin saves: in one i finally tooke the ?peasant revolution? along with the ?jackass captain? topics, and in another the ?male touch? and ?soreass captain?, so a brand new world will eventually open...

« Last Edit: May 29, 2024, 01:33:36 pm by ontherun »

Offline ontherun

• Colonel
  • public enemy no. 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: May 29, 2024, 01:36:28 pm »
..and eventually went with the ?dumbass captain?  Ive the stapler but no wrench so no worksop..neither i picked any codex but im afrai i rushed the catgirls a bit too early, so i have no armor for them... :'(

But since that captain it prevents getting the "analitics room" which is required for getting "back to school" topic so there are other alternatives for getting that school topic?

« Last Edit: May 29, 2024, 04:12:21 pm by ontherun »

Offline Troblin

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: June 23, 2024, 08:52:05 pm »
Asked about scavenging then got no answer then decided to edit own post in case someone ever reads it. Question was - does scavenging give anything unique?
And long story short nah - some things from the scavenging list might become rare or very rare at some point of game progression, so I'd say that on the whole scavenging is insurance vs unlucky odds and bad knowledge of stuff in the veeery long run theoreticaly.  The stuff I'd care most about minmaxing is shadow orbs thus mystery boxes. Those can be obtained from stuff like mining and gambling - sloowly but yep. (unless save scumming) So ended up treating scavenging as a source of randomness and scenic flavor rather than utility tech. Might be very useful but a pack of fines right before end of month may be quite fun.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2024, 07:35:26 pm by Troblin »

Offline ontherun

• Colonel
  • public enemy no. 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: June 27, 2024, 04:13:28 pm »
Asked about scavenging then got no answer then decided to edit own post in case someone ever reads it. Question was - does scavenging give anything unique?
And long story short nah - some things from the scavenging list might become rare or very rare at some point of game progression, so I'd say that on the whole scavenging is insurance vs unlucky odds and bad knowledge of stuff in the veeery long run theoreticaly.  The stuff I'd care most about minmaxing is shadow orbs thus mystery boxes. Those can be obtained from stuff like mining and gambling - sloowly but yep. (unless save scumming) So ended up treating scavenging as a source of randomness and scenic flavor rather than utility tech. Might be very useful but a pack of fines right before end of month may be quite fun.

I don't know, probalbly not, but i'd advice not on spending time with gambling.

In the menatime updated a previous save with the thief captain ang got into sept 2601 but with no workshop yet!!! Just found a stapler but forgot to research the superconductive wire earlier, so got somehow late the personal labs. If you do that too, an event will pip up saying that you need it plus at least 16 brainers (!!!). As for basic research infrastructures need only the library, which requires sci books to be built. Necroplane parts and aerodinamycs a are also important to assembly early air interceptors

As for crafts the game suppose player gets little bird in the very early game, i unlocked the angry bird instead which i sold for a very nice priranha!  :o im in dire straits now, but hope to save this run anyways...I'd also recommend unlocking *the mutant alliance* ASAP, which give acesso to sci books, needed for library facility

edit: i have an alternative save where at end of oct 2601, i got the angry bird instead of the little, but still recovered no stapler!! (Done at least three warehouse misison but got only the stapler clip.

« Last Edit: July 27, 2024, 03:37:13 am by ontherun »

Offline ontherun

• Colonel
  • public enemy no. 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: July 24, 2024, 05:04:46 pm »
(continued)
upgraded to N9.0.1, got in the very end of march 2602, finally built the library and the workshop, but strangely and sadly i still miss "the social hyerarchy", need only beastmen to get it! Managed to stole a couple of reticulan plasma chargers so i built my onw one! Also kidnapper a reticulan technician sio i unlocked "basic engineering". Please note that from such  xpiratez version *pirate airforce* is not locked behind a particular rank anymore, only reuiring the basic eng. A bit of good news is that now manstopper doesn't require "contact: gun emporium" anymore, merchants are enough.

As for vessels, i bought another piranha and a blowfish, but got to sold the airbus,  (more troops on battlescape are  a pmust) but so i gotta resign on some infiltration missions, but shooting and looting enemy tech is equally profitable, especially when it comes to infamy (score). Seems also i'm doin well preventing ninja from expanding, which is a good thing, i manage to shot down theri assault bike early. Also beginning to work on laser weapons... 8)

now, some questions:

1) i often got geoscape events tellin im a good guy: that is because mainly because i don't shoot civilian vessels or there are other motivations?

2) what are best vessels to attack an enemy hideout without workshop and shadowtech technology? Hunt party appears to be the best choice but he perhaps there are other alternatives? Seems im doing failry well so non of these had appeared, but if it will occour how i gonna deal with it?

3) Any hint/suggestion on where and what to build in a second hideout?

4) changin difficulty by editing a saved game might lead to strange game behavior and/or compromise a run?

Edit: finally got "the social hyerarchy" along with the metallo!
« Last Edit: July 31, 2024, 05:06:08 pm by ontherun »

Online Delian

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: August 29, 2024, 02:47:16 pm »
1. Such events have nothing to do with killing people. It's about the captain personality and monthly score.
2. A well-armed CONVOY should be able to take out the enemy planes and bring lots of soldiers to the hideout.
3. Europe is easy to cover with radar and often has stuff flying over it
4. As long as you're not changing from/to 0 (easiest), and from/to 4 (hardest), there won't be anything strange.

Offline ontherun

• Colonel
  • public enemy no. 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: September 03, 2024, 03:57:13 pm »
Ok thanks! Upgraded to 0.99N9.5.6and got into march 2603  a small question about the new interrogaiton tecniques workings: it changed over time and i'd want to interrograte a guild engineer; i have captured one but it does not show in the manufacture screen; so the outcome of the interrogaitn is random or i have to milk out everithing he knows before accessin to guild engineering?

In certain cases, like the mad gnome, the interrogation is avaiable in the manufacturing screen so what's the point/difference?

Oh in march 2603 i have discovered ninja seeker documentation but mercs build an hideout on south pole! Am i doomed? (i know because i tryed an assault...)

Edit: so as far as i know within the end of 2601 is crucial to have as much as advanced technology and weapons you could have, since startin from jan 2602 major factions and relative subfactions starting to have plasma and advanced weapons, plus the major ones begin to build hideouts; by 2603 and on even minor faciton gets advanced weapons - at least as far as i can tell i met spartans  progoms usin laser guns - so better speed up with the research. But also use the right tools for the right job: church i more vulnerable to piercing weapons while guild suffer more from laser (at leas the less armored ones), so make carefully your choice...

I have replace the .sav file so i got at the end of the month, for a safer upgrade!  Plus added one where i am at the end of the next month too, and finally got red codex awakened, plus got promoted to "big boss":P
« Last Edit: September 10, 2024, 01:20:20 am by ontherun »

Offline ontherun

• Colonel
  • public enemy no. 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: September 11, 2024, 11:02:50 am »
(continue)
as for interrogation tecniques zombieguy223 clarified in "a thread for little question" so let's quote him:

Researching Interrogation Techniques just unlocks those topics as random rewards from those people. You will have to trust in the RNG to give you the topic you want if there is more than one available from a given person. Most of the random rewards are shared between multiple different enemies, so you can reduce the pool by researching less valuable people and getting their topics out of the way. You can also save just before the research finishes on a new geoscape day (e.g. save at 11:50pm) and reload that save until you get the topic you want, if you're desperate.

so i guess it's better to exaust all the other possible results to be sure to get the outcome of the interrogatin, but it will take a load of time, aaarrghh! But what's the point of the interrogatin menu in the manufacture screen?

Anyway, slowly progressing into the game, jun 2603 did the x-prison misison and managed to make enemies surrended so i sold the entire prison!! Lots of money, but i lost a second base i was bulding by a church assault plus 1 bilion by a mysterious "curse of dolaro"  >:( and MERCS got a second base in grunland!

And where/how i can get a vibro sword?
« Last Edit: September 11, 2024, 05:03:02 pm by ontherun »

Offline zombieguy223

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: September 11, 2024, 03:36:06 pm »
But what's the point of the interrogatin menu in the manufacture screen?

And where/how i can get a vibro sword?

The interrogation category in the manufacturing screen is mostly a holdover from previous versions. You used to have to 'break' high-tier enemies like Academy Medics and Espers in the manufacturing screen after researching interrogation techniques in order to get their secrets. The broken enemy would always give the secrets on research. That was changed back in N3 to the current system of locked random reward, so most of the interrogation options were removed as well.

Vibro swords can show up in a few places. The main ways you can find one are: Blood Rituals mission (very small chance of appearing); Siberia Base Investigation (moderate chance of some of the leaders having one); random reward from Iron, Titanium or Tritanium coupons; random reward from mad scribblings; small chance from glamour recruitment; guaranteed from recruiting a damsel of war (she can only show up as a rare random event). There are some other missions they can appear on, but those tend to be in pretty late-game missions and by then you'll probably have the research to make them yourself.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2024, 03:39:50 pm by zombieguy223 »

Offline ontherun

• Colonel
  • public enemy no. 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: September 18, 2024, 01:47:28 pm »
The interrogation category in the manufacturing screen is mostly a holdover from previous versions. You used to have to 'break' high-tier enemies like Academy Medics and Espers in the manufacturing screen after researching interrogation techniques in order to get their secrets. The broken enemy would always give the secrets on research. That was changed back in N3 to the current system of locked random reward, so most of the interrogation options were removed as well.

Thanks, so the mod becomes even more difficult every update! Good to know...

In the meantime, updated to 0.99N9.7.7 by the end of october 2603 managed to build an analytics room, but for the third time i lost my second base, now while i was building it and it was seized, i suppose i have to change continent since in asia there are en enemy hideout, a church one. I repelled an academy assault on my first base but did not get to capture a provost that was there  :'(

Still need both the guild and academy engineering, especially the latter since i need gauss weapons otherwise cannot deal with MERCs and marsec bodyguards...there is any other alternative tool good for defeatin them? Moreover, rimriders at beginning of September built their first outpost in south america, these have mind powers so pheraphs without vodoo i cannot fight them back...but gotta promoted to rank: "public enemy", and researched "academy medicine", now need to unlock those damn gauss and plasma weapons...
« Last Edit: September 19, 2024, 02:18:43 am by ontherun »

Offline Kanzas

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: September 19, 2024, 12:04:32 am »
Я в восторге от игры прохожу каждое обновление с нуля. НО Миссия на кидонии всех убил, нашел подземелье. и не могу понять куда идти как это пройти? Миссия шикарная но уже 4 час и второй раз перепрохожу.