aliens

Author Topic: Extended Piratez general FAQ/Strategy Guide  (Read 328801 times)

Offline ontherun

• Colonel
  • Lazy-ass captain
    • View Profile
Re: Extended Piratez general FAQ/Strategy Guide
« Reply #810 on: January 25, 2022, 03:58:07 pm »
In may 2601 still do not have a workshop, but im ground assaultin a guild ship, the month before jack warned about ninja expansin, score is dropping down, hope i can survive next month before i fail...

Offline Ruberto

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: January 30, 2022, 08:07:15 pm »
In may 2601 still do not have a workshop, but im ground assaultin a guild ship, the month before jack warned about ninja expansin, score is dropping down, hope i can survive next month before i fail...
I see some improved graphics - you use some extra mod?

Offline Ultimoos

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: January 30, 2022, 08:36:14 pm »
It's just a display filter, you can choose one in video settings.
BTW. Is there a way to check how research that "affects game progression" actually impact the game? I know that researching a specific mission type makes this kind of mission spawn but what about other tech? Like "communication" for example.

Offline Earthquake

• Captain
  • Glory to Ukraine!
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: January 30, 2022, 09:38:34 pm »
Just check the tech.
This kind of researches has yellow mark *Affect game progression* (or somehow like that, I never see how it spelled in English in-game) in tech tree.

Offline Greep

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: January 30, 2022, 10:22:47 pm »
It's just a display filter, you can choose one in video settings.
BTW. Is there a way to check how research that "affects game progression" actually impact the game? I know that researching a specific mission type makes this kind of mission spawn but what about other tech? Like "communication" for example.

I don't think there's a way in game but there is a way if you must know:

-Look up the the tech in x-piratez wtf online bootypedia
-copy/paste the str_XXX portion of the url

cntrl-f it in faction.rul and event.rul and see what comes up

Offline Ruberto

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: January 31, 2022, 07:06:19 am »
Hi guys, a strategy question:
How do you use mechas (if you do at all, i mean)?
You get to build them after you get to build tanks, but they are less sturdy than tanks, and with weaker weapons.
So what's the point?

Offline Requiem

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: January 31, 2022, 10:48:47 am »
Well, mecha punch can crush walls and they have good night vision so they can be support for your tanks, but thats in theory.
tbh when i think that one mecha will replace a tank or an assault bike, then it seems to me that they are not worthy of a hwp slot at all.

Offline Greep

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: January 31, 2022, 11:10:49 am »
Honestly, I don't think many people use mechs.  If anything the main advantage is just that you can theoretically unlock them much,much faster if you stumble upon a killer robot since those jerks sometimes show up in runabouts.  If you have something that's unkillable it doesn't really matter what it's shooting xD

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: January 31, 2022, 12:25:19 pm »
Mecha is technically possible before tanks if your lucky, but getting the mecha spiders and all the other random bits is alot of RNG to go right. Tank has 7 prerequisites, Mecha has 13, with quite a few being pre back school level, if you get the drops.

As far as role a mecha offers greater utility by having a "melee" shot attack that strips armor and high terrain damage, also superior NV and thermal to a tank, and better turning costs. The tradeoff is slightly inferior frontal and side armor, and lower resists. Mecha does have superior under armor going for it.

Mecha i find is actually worthwhile if you don't have laser tech, since only the laser tank has an unlimited ammo option, the 60mm tank in particular can suffer from having to expend limited ammo just to clear a path.

Offline Requiem

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: January 31, 2022, 12:56:30 pm »
Actually if they can destroy tank obstacles in ninja fortress they can be vital in such sieges since fusion torch takes to much time to use.

I'm desperate about ninja fortresses btw, i just dont have a feel of unlimited POWAH no matter what i unlock.
Even with tanks, i might get through the first stage, but I have no idea what lurks in second.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2022, 12:58:21 pm by Requiem »

Offline Ruberto

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: January 31, 2022, 01:46:00 pm »
Actually if they can destroy tank obstacles in ninja fortress they can be vital in such sieges since fusion torch takes to much time to use.

I'm desperate about ninja fortresses btw, i just dont have a feel of unlimited POWAH no matter what i unlock.
Even with tanks, i might get through the first stage, but I have no idea what lurks in second.
It's nightmare of tunnels and lifts down there. Ideal terrain for ninjas to slice your troops. Expect heavy losses.
But I have beaten it when I had only Loaders, Heavy and Demolisher suits for armour and cars for hwp.
(Granted, I did use like 4 Red dragon nukes, 2 to level above ground fortifications and 2 more to thin the ninja horde in the underground tunnels.)

Offline Requiem

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: January 31, 2022, 02:04:23 pm »
Wait HWP's allowed on the second stage?
Actually i can see this like harvester with 3 tanks and mecha with smoke screen salvo on turn 1. After that mecha can light up targets cause its have thermal vision.

Offline Skybreaker

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: January 31, 2022, 10:41:32 pm »
Can confirm you can get mechs way before you get tanks. I think I had them more than a year before tanks. I had an early gnome so that helped. I also got extremely messed up by RNG and got Rogue fields warlords contact somewhere late 2604, so that might have been an issue as well.

Offline Iazo

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: February 01, 2022, 02:57:19 pm »
There's been the great tonk nerf of 2021, now tanks require some really intensive researches, some from craft weapons that require you to shootdown serious meanies.

Mecha tech blocks are different, yet easily met on higher difficulties.

Offline ontherun

• Colonel
  • Lazy-ass captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: February 16, 2022, 01:15:33 pm »
ok after raiding succesfully a guild ship i captured and researched a guild engineer, but the following month i got a big jocke score, and then another one, plus got a ninja strike at the very end on the second month so i failed!

This time i sent tooo much on research while i should have been doing some more missions, gotta start over in a next update!!  ;D any advice about?