aliens

Author Topic: Extended Piratez general FAQ/Strategy Guide  (Read 328794 times)

Offline Ashghan

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Extended Piratez general FAQ/Strategy Guide
« Reply #735 on: September 25, 2020, 04:52:33 pm »
You can look at the graphs to get an idea how you did for all previous months. And if you're relly curious as to the exact number, you can open up a savegame with a text editor - it's all there.

Offline machinehater

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: September 26, 2020, 05:43:16 pm »
Yeah, always have a look at the graph. At the beginning of every month it goes to 0. I usually, at the beginning of the month, i do missions, until i get to 2000~4000, then you have a buffer, even if at the end of the month a progrom happens, what you may want to skip or simply can't win.
And research a lot of stuff, gun almanac for example, this gives a lot of infamy. And set the right amount of brainers to the projects, if a project is on "good", i pull down the brainers until it is on average. So you do not waste braining power.

xcomfan

« Reply #737 on: September 29, 2020, 05:51:02 pm »
What is the purpose of a slave taskmaster? It's a slave that i can buy or what?

Offline machinehater

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: September 29, 2020, 10:26:15 pm »
Yes, the slave taskmaster is like 8 usual slaves.

Offline DaEMon

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: October 06, 2020, 02:54:06 am »
What is the purpose of a slave taskmaster? It's a slave that i can buy or what?

You can upgrade a taskmaster into a drone herder that gives 100 storage space and 100k monthly income. Of course you need to build first 8 slave robots plus some other stuff.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2020, 02:56:11 am by DaEMon »

Offline gijoe

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: April 12, 2021, 01:41:18 am »
In the latest versions, seems the ones with the 0.99Lxx branch, i cannot buy airbuses anymore once i researched the topic "contact: car thiefs", so if i sell it's gone forever?

is it an important craft? I might sell it without serious consequences in a game?

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: April 12, 2021, 08:15:44 pm »
Only one airbus, but aside from one specific mission where it allows you a 6th person its not special.

Offline gijoe

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: May 10, 2021, 10:46:12 pm »
What kind of armors do damsels wear? The bootypedia description say the samr as peasants exept the most "plebean" ones so the "trappings" they can use are named after noble titles or what? What kind of research do i need to manufacture these anyways?

Offline Nilex

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: May 11, 2021, 02:44:14 am »
Looking at this truncated pedia list only CAMO is exclusive to Peasants.
Notable exclusives in the whole list, starting from 238, are FUSILIER and MILITIA.
Everything other that Peasants can wear also fits them.

Offline gijoe

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: May 12, 2021, 02:58:28 pm »
Oh i saw there are some saved files attached in this thread so i wanted to add mine: on 0.99L9 i saw that there is a map where radiation damages gas, but in the extractor desription it says that radiation are needed by the gals to sustaing theri strenght, it is an inconsistency? I also intercepted an armored hummer i was hoping to ground assault but it did not stop

if you guys have some hints to share please tell us

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: May 12, 2021, 03:15:03 pm »
Oh i saw there are some saved files attached in this thread so i wanted to add mine: on 0.99L9 i saw that there is a map where radiation damages gas, but in the extractor desription it says that radiation are needed by the gals to sustaing theri strenght, it is an inconsistency? I also intercepted an armored hummer i was hoping to ground assault but it did not stop

if you guys have some hints to share please tell us

Well not all radiation is equal, the gals do metabolize hellrium radiation to maintain there explosive metabolism, but i imagine its a relatively delicate process. To much or the wrong type can still be a bad thing.

Offline gijoe

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: May 12, 2021, 03:58:10 pm »
Well not all radiation is equal, the gals do metabolize hellrium radiation to maintain there explosive metabolism, but i imagine its a relatively delicate process. To much or the wrong type can still be a bad thing.

Yes, i go the point. Also now to get workshop "steam power" and "durhatred working" topic need to be research, which in turn are given respectively by "wrench" and "guild stapler", topics to complicate matters...

Offline Barleyman

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: June 19, 2021, 12:52:57 am »
Assassinate or execute?

In the mutant alliance kill missions you have traitor mutants you're told to kill. But if you capture them, you can take them to base, give them a fair trial and execute them. Which one is preferable? You get assassination trophy for kills but execution gives beanie points too.

Offline username

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: June 19, 2021, 12:57:46 am »
Assassinate or execute?

In the mutant alliance kill missions you have traitor mutants you're told to kill. But if you capture them, you can take them to base, give them a fair trial and execute them. Which one is preferable? You get assassination trophy for kills but execution gives beanie points too.
Taking them alive seems to consistently give better rewards, because killing them in the field only gives you what's on the corpse (the assassination trophy), but bashing them over the head and dragging them back to your base gives you what's on the corpse AND whatever you'd get by subsequently trading them in via any number of options.

Offline Greep

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: June 19, 2021, 11:16:42 pm »
Well you have to research them to execute them, so you lose out on some initial trophies.  Not a big deal in the long run, but occasionally alliance tokens becomes a bottleneck for entering the mutant alliance, so I just kill them out in the field to make sure.

This is in contrast to the humanist activist missions (KKK dudes), those you get the tokens as battle loot even if you capture them IIRC.