aliens

Author Topic: Extended Piratez general FAQ/Strategy Guide  (Read 328652 times)

Offline khade

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Extended Piratez general FAQ/Strategy Guide
« Reply #660 on: June 17, 2020, 11:48:18 am »
Scoped Magnum can be gotten through quite a few interrogations, or through several different books.  Alternately, you can get it through the bounty system, though I forget who you have to suck up to.

xcomfan

« Reply #661 on: June 17, 2020, 12:00:48 pm »
Scoped Magnum can be gotten through quite a few interrogations, or through several different books.  Alternately, you can get it through the bounty system, though I forget who you have to suck up to.

yes, i know i got via bounty but it's always luck  :'( it' goblin zaxx

« Last Edit: June 17, 2020, 12:02:58 pm by xcomfan »

Offline khade

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: June 17, 2020, 12:21:33 pm »
Just thump a few enemies on the head and then see what they remember, each interview cuts down on the number available, they won't tell you something you already know, until you get all the things they know, they're worth more as conversationalists than as ransoms or robbery or slavery

xcomfan

« Reply #663 on: June 17, 2020, 01:46:46 pm »
never encountered: nov 2601 a mutant progom driven by the church wit..."rocky"!!! ugly nightmare!!  :o

Offline amjh

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: June 17, 2020, 08:34:41 pm »
You can check what an interrogation can give in the tech viewer and research the other available options first to cut down the possible outcomes. Often, you can more than double the changes of getting something useful.

xcomfan

« Reply #665 on: June 17, 2020, 08:39:52 pm »
You can check what an interrogation can give in the tech viewer and research the other available options first to cut down the possible outcomes. Often, you can more than double the changes of getting something useful.

Thanks again i know; but certain things should be more straightforward and less depend in luck; at least no frustratinf for the player.

I never saw rocky in none of my runs (4/5)  :o

Offline khade

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: June 17, 2020, 09:11:02 pm »
The whole story is about chance, your starting crew know nothing about what's going on, they're not soldiers, they're effectively private school girls crossed with lab experiments.  To get far in the story, they must rely on luck.

xcomfan

« Reply #667 on: June 18, 2020, 08:02:33 pm »
The whole story is about chance, your starting crew know nothing about what's going on, they're not soldiers, they're effectively private school girls crossed with lab experiments.  To get far in the story, they must rely on luck.

A classic frustration exampèle in the sceenshot attached: aside from the auto-rifle i still not find in feb 2602 the rest is accomplisbile via research, but that damn rifle is still mandatoryy|

What is the difference between

Slayer Bullets
Plastasteel Munitions
Ellectra-Pulse Munitions

The slayers are caonceived for pistols, are like the contemporary HP ammo and i've seen there absolutely useless agains armored enemies, but he other two are for rifles (not the same weapons)

?
« Last Edit: June 18, 2020, 08:04:50 pm by xcomfan »

Offline Rubber Cannonball

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: June 18, 2020, 08:36:04 pm »
Unless things have changed drastically in the most recent versions, I'm pretty sure there are a bunch of research sources for auto rifle.  Also the bootypedia covers those 3 ammo types fairly well.  Slayers do more hp, stun, and morale damage but have reduced armor penetration than the standard pistol ammo. Plastasteel munitions are higher power than standard.  Clip size might also be larger.  Electro-pulse munitions do electric damage instead of piercing and do more stun damage.

Offline MemoryTAS

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: June 19, 2020, 01:28:43 am »
I get more auto-rifles than I could ever want just from gambling, you really need to be more patient.

xcomfan

« Reply #670 on: June 19, 2020, 08:13:25 pm »
ok, i have a courtesan, "manufactured", but do i use/exploit her?

how does pimpcraft work?

UAC weapinry is neither buyable nor manufacturable? Actually only carabine is avaiable throught the black but other pieces no; it's wierd since is ancient tech?

« Last Edit: June 19, 2020, 08:28:17 pm by xcomfan »

Offline stax77

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: June 19, 2020, 10:12:47 pm »

how does pimpcraft work?

The courtesan takes a prison spot, and has negative upkeep (so it generates money for you at the end of the month). You do not need to do anything.

Offline MemoryTAS

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: June 19, 2020, 10:57:05 pm »

how does pimpcraft work?

UAC weapinry is neither buyable nor manufacturable? Actually only carabine is avaiable throught the black but other pieces no; it's wierd since is ancient tech?
You can buy various pieces of UAC weaponry via different sources.

Offline RolandVasko

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: June 20, 2020, 01:52:41 am »
°° ^^
UAC should sent to our gals vault their,UAC´s travelling businessman!  :P ;:D

xcomfan

« Reply #674 on: August 26, 2020, 07:32:10 pm »
I have some trouble understanding the scorpion vessels exit tiles, somebody might help?
« Last Edit: August 27, 2020, 07:35:04 pm by xcomfan »