aliens

Author Topic: Extended Piratez general FAQ/Strategy Guide  (Read 329033 times)

Offline Rubber Cannonball

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Extended Piratez general FAQ/Strategy Guide
« Reply #585 on: May 21, 2020, 12:14:31 am »
Please may someone provedo a video/some GIFs/screenshots with explication on how update buildings work? Also on how to harvest the weed and boom plantation

Here you go, niculinux xcomfan.  I found this on the bootypedia page for weed plantation.  You should use the bootypedia more as it tends to be very quick and useful for providing needed information.

"Automation of lighting and watering allowed (alloweed?) us to master the growing of a notoriously difficult, yet very useful plant - the Sectoweed. Farming ain't for dumbheads and needs following certain steps:

1) Construct Sectoweed Plantation, this needs 12 Sectoweed. It can be either constructed anew, or on top of an existing Plantation, the latter saves us $80k.

2) When ready, 'Dismantle' it to change water and light regimen, fostering second phase of growth. This will cost $40k.

3) When fully grown, 'Dismantle' again to harvest (costs $5k). This will net us 240 Sectoweed and leave behind a standard Plantation."

I recommend planting on the first of the month for best results.  Apologies if this is out of date; it's not from the latest version.

Offline vadracas

• Colonel
  • Just another player/modder combo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: May 21, 2020, 01:06:00 am »
Some of the prices are off- ex the second phase only costs 25k not 40.

Offline DeeplyCasul

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: May 21, 2020, 09:04:39 am »
All right so i guess they cannot be unlocked at the black market
You can buy aqua plastics in the black market after researching prize: military supplies from goblin zaxx bank

xcomfan

« Reply #588 on: May 21, 2020, 10:19:07 am »
Here you go, niculinux xcomfan.  I found this on the bootypedia page for weed plantation.  You should use the bootypedia more as it tends to be very quick and useful for providing needed information.

"Automation of lighting and watering allowed (alloweed?) us to master the growing of a notoriously difficult, yet very useful plant - the Sectoweed. Farming ain't for dumbheads and needs following certain steps:

1) Construct Sectoweed Plantation, this needs 12 Sectoweed. It can be either constructed anew, or on top of an existing Plantation, the latter saves us $80k.

2) When ready, 'Dismantle' it to change water and light regimen, fostering second phase of growth. This will cost $40k.

3) When fully grown, 'Dismantle' again to harvest (costs $5k). This will net us 240 Sectoweed and leave behind a standard Plantation."

I recommend planting on the first of the month for best results.  Apologies if this is out of date; it's not from the latest version.

Ok thanks, i got that, i was asking also for "graphical examples",  for instance how i recognize it when it is fully grown? there is an asterisk on it? And most important sectoweed cannot be bought at black market?

You can buy aqua plastics in the black market after researching prize: military supplies from goblin zaxx bank

that what i wanted to know, thanks!

I actually prefer not playing using the tech tree viewer, it's really cheaty and i think it sould be used for testing purposes, hope Dioxine in the final version will disable it

Edit: seems you cannot escape from the "organ grinder" mission!! There are other types where it happens?
« Last Edit: May 21, 2020, 11:59:29 am by xcomfan »

Offline vadracas

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: May 21, 2020, 12:07:52 pm »
Ok thanks, i got that, i was asking also for "graphical examples",  for instance how i recognize it when it is fully grown? there is an asterisk on it? And most important sectoweed cannot be bought at black market?

Sectoweed cannot be bought, this is how you get it, by collecting some on a mission with the right map and farming it.

A SECTOWEED PHASE IS DONE WHEN THE FACILITY FINISHES CONSTRUCTING. Then you left click to dismantle and move onto the next phase.

Offline CPLT-K2

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: May 21, 2020, 12:39:04 pm »
I actually prefer not playing using the tech tree viewer, it's really cheaty and i think it sould be used for testing purposes, hope Dioxine in the final version will disable it
How do you regoc... it's a building, what happens when a building gets completed? Do you just click through everything game shows you?
Not wanting to "spoil" yourself is understandable and I thought there was an option or maybe it was a fever dream of mine.
But really, do you not read the research entries of things?

Offline vadracas

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: May 21, 2020, 01:06:00 pm »
Hmmmm, "I prefer not to use the tech tree viewer." Also xcomfan, Hey guys can you tell me anything and everything about how to play the game. 

If you are going to use the forum to ask for info, at least check the tech tree for what you want first, it's really tedious to disprove every single bug report you submit and answer all of your questions repeatedly in different ways.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: May 21, 2020, 01:18:42 pm »
Snip

Edit: seems you cannot escape from the "organ grinder" mission!! There are other types where it happens?

Well playing spoiler free is one thing, but the tree is so dense and interlinked it's practically impossible to navigate without the viewer. There is like 5k distinct entities in the mod, most of them research able and with multiple types of linkage. you don't need it all the time, but if you run into a progress gate you would be flailing blind trying to pass it. And there are 5 or 6 major gates in the mod. Imagine stumbling blind for months or years each time.

There are a few more no escape missions. Most give hints to being so in the briefing text. Read or die.

xcomfan

« Reply #593 on: May 21, 2020, 01:54:54 pm »
Well playing spoiler free is one thing, but the tree is so dense and interlinked it's practically impossible to navigate without the viewer. There is like 5k distinct entities in the mod, most of them research able and with multiple types of linkage. you don't need it all the time, but if you run into a progress gate you would be flailing blind trying to pass it. And there are 5 or 6 major gates in the mod. Imagine stumbling blind for months or years each time.

There are a few more no escape missions. Most give hints to being so in the briefing text. Read or die.

Ok, actually i was guilty no to read enough. I did and lost a vessel on "organ grinder" mission, in his playthrough here Meridian faces same mission, but in mine the map was full of toxic smoke but in his game not, it's av random thing or depends from difficulty?

Anyway i forgot also to bring gask mask, in such missiin are mandatory!
« Last Edit: May 21, 2020, 01:56:28 pm by xcomfan »

Offline vadracas

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: May 21, 2020, 02:10:21 pm »
Ok, actually i was guilty no to read enough. I did and lost a vessel on "organ grinder" mission, in his playthrough here Meridian faces same mission, but in mine the map was full of toxic smoke but in his game not, it's av random thing or depends from difficulty?

Anyway i forgot also to bring gask mask, in such missiin are mandatory!

Bruh. Watch the first literal 20 seconds of the video and tell me why the smoke wasn't there for him.

Second, I run that mission with gals in smokey armor, no gas masks, and they barely get hurt at all by anything chem(which is 90% of the damage sources on that mission). Gas mask won't help when you have that armor because the resistance buff provided by the gas mask isn't allowed to pass the resistance the armor is already at.

xcomfan

« Reply #595 on: May 21, 2020, 04:06:15 pm »

Bruh. Watch the first literal 20 seconds of the video and tell me why the smoke wasn't there for him.

I meank that tick someke, it begins to appear as soon a si end the first turn, see the attachment.

Offline vadracas

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: May 21, 2020, 04:25:23 pm »
I meank that tick someke, it begins to appear as soon a si end the first turn, see the attachment.

YES, THAT IS WHAT HE WAS TALKING ABOUT.

xcomfan

« Reply #597 on: May 21, 2020, 04:29:23 pm »

The mission ends at 14:08 but i did no see it. Probably because of the defender armor, that has an heat vision built in? I went there with tactical armors and plate mail (looted)

Offline vadracas

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: May 21, 2020, 04:44:27 pm »
The smoke wasn't there because he either removed the graphics for it in his custom OXCE build, or he physically removed the manuscript for this mission in the .rul files, either way, It was not because of Defender armor.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: May 21, 2020, 04:52:13 pm »
The smoke wasn't there because he either removed the graphics for it in his custom OXCE build, or he physically removed the manuscript for this mission in the .rul files, either way, It was not because of Defender armor.

It was neither of those.
I just made a simple mod to replace smoke sprites with transparent sprites.