aliens

Author Topic: Extended Piratez general FAQ/Strategy Guide  (Read 328752 times)

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
Re: Extended Piratez general FAQ/Strategy Guide
« Reply #315 on: January 30, 2019, 11:32:15 pm »
Parrots are unfortunately not nearly as effective, due to inventory shape constraints. only 1x1 spaces, doggos have 2x2.

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: February 01, 2019, 03:10:59 pm »
Sent 11 Slaves to the Starport Terminal. 2 made it out. Barely. And I haven't even seen the guy I was supposed to capture (I think).
Any Tipps?
I admit they were underequiped as I didn't know what I would be facing and just took what stealthy stuff the secondary base had.

niculinux

« Reply #317 on: February 02, 2019, 06:35:38 pm »
Ok guys, decided to start over ang give another shot, to 0.99J11, this time i decided to go "asian" building a base in "pirate straits" (well tht is mandatory!) and with a custom layout base. I've unlocked recruitment but did not undertake in the research the diverging path; wonder if it  will disable vodoo since supermutant gals only are supposed to have such powers? I would have like to have it as alternative as i stated here. I've unlkocked the "contact:merchants" and ground assoulted an academy bus and a watchtower, also starting to have some more modern equipment; i'm at the very end of Jaunary 2601.  8)

Edit: I've also accomplished sn "infested cellar" missions with fanger outfit; sats seem muvh more powerful with thei bites, as it is supposed to be, in fact the wounds they inflicted me were much more severe. Probably i'm gonna sick with the gals, up with women!!! :-*
« Last Edit: February 02, 2019, 10:37:08 pm by niculinux »

Offline Martin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: February 02, 2019, 10:57:15 pm »
Nah, picking male soldiers only locks you out of coupple mid and late game techs that honestly aren’t anything to write home about. But  still gals are better pick as slaves aren’t hard to get en masse even relatively early.

niculinux

« Reply #319 on: February 02, 2019, 11:55:25 pm »
Nah, picking male soldiers only locks you out of coupple mid and late game techs that honestly aren’t anything to write home about. But  still gals are better pick as slaves aren’t hard to get en masse even relatively early.

That leads to another question: it is possible to "munufacture" slave soldiers? I happen to remember something about it is achieved by interrogaton some types, but cannot remember. Is that correct?

Offline Dakkdakk

• Colonel
  • Dirty, dangerous, and kinda sexy
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: February 03, 2019, 06:10:45 pm »
You can recruit slave soldiers from your regular slaves after you research the slave soldier topic, yes.
And yes, picking slave soldiers locks you out of some tech, and makes it harder to get access to some tech (namely chateau de la mort and some others). I'm currently doing a run with slave soldiers and honestly, its not easy, at least until you get them some basic armor and access to better weapons, but you can't really can't really take advantage of their numbers until you get yourself a skyranger at the very least. I feel the game still needs some adjustments to make slave soldiers a worthy option.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2019, 06:12:51 pm by Dakkdakk »

niculinux

« Reply #321 on: February 03, 2019, 08:34:57 pm »
Thanks dakkdakk, in this 0.99J11 run i made it in may 2601 but as i wrote here Asia is not a good spot to build a hideout, because most mission spawn very far.. Moreover, i still not have recovered a wrench!! Oh boy maybe i'm thinking to start over again..maybe gonna wait the next version. And yes the gamme needs some more adjustments, for instance in my whole xpiratez experience i ground assoulted very very few ship! Don't know it it depends on difficuly level, but on "jack sparrow" seems kinda impossible!! Also, please make asia more worth to be a battlefield! In April got also the very first crackdown  :'( on highest difficulty level; once enemies discover your base tend to happen every 4/5 months, even in the first year...
« Last Edit: February 03, 2019, 08:44:56 pm by niculinux »

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: February 03, 2019, 09:01:48 pm »
Don't play on the highest difficulty then.
It is not balanced around that. It is also really weird to play on the highest difficulty and then complain that the game is too hard.

niculinux

« Reply #323 on: February 03, 2019, 09:08:47 pm »
Don't play on the highest difficulty then.
It is not balanced around that. It is also really weird to play on the highest difficulty and then complain that the game is too hard.

Not complaining about difficulty; but only some on aspects that may be changed, eg. the geographicsl discrimination and the lackness of ships landing. Such ground assaults may be made more common, should happen more frequently; and to balance things, pheraphs make the ground combat more harder. Just random thoughts ;)

Edit: of course, if that con be done. Otherwise, gonna get over it :)
« Last Edit: February 03, 2019, 09:53:01 pm by niculinux »

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: February 03, 2019, 10:26:02 pm »
Better radar coverage = more landings. No one gets those regularly at the start unless they are really lucky.

niculinux

« Reply #325 on: February 03, 2019, 11:57:50 pm »
Better radar coverage = more landings. No one gets those regularly at the start unless they are really lucky.

Well i always ignored the long radar in fact never build one in my games ever 😱😱; actually in my previous run gon in jaunary 2603 with the small one. Gonna wait for next version...

Offline Dakkdakk

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: February 04, 2019, 02:42:20 pm »
Expanding radar coverage is the second most important thing you should aim for (the first being getting more brainers). More radar coverage = more ships and landings to attack = more loot/stuff to research = more score = more cashmonies. If most of your early game money isn't going into getting more brainers and expanding your base/radar coverage, you'll probably have a lot of trouble later. After that, you can pass most of the midgame with 2 large radars and 10/12 brainers without much trouble. Get yourself a nice production base going, too, I made the mistake of using only 40 runts in my main base as my main line of production and several midgame stuff would take +10 days to make. Sell those ship engines, money purses and money bags!
« Last Edit: February 04, 2019, 02:44:35 pm by Dakkdakk »

niculinux

« Reply #327 on: February 04, 2019, 06:54:20 pm »
Expanding radar coverage is the second most important thing you should aim for (the first being getting more brainers). More radar coverage = more ships and landings to attack = more loot/stuff to research = more score = more cashmonies. If most of your early game money isn't going into getting more brainers and expanding your base/radar coverage, you'll probably have a lot of trouble later. After that, you can pass most of the midgame with 2 large radars and 10/12 brainers without much trouble. Get yourself a nice production base going, too, I made the mistake of using only 40 runts in my main base as my main line of production and several midgame stuff would take +10 days to make. Sell those ship engines, money purses and money bags!

But hey, once i build the long range, may i get the rid of the small one?

Offline Dakkdakk

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: February 04, 2019, 07:18:58 pm »
Definitely, since it becomes completely useless once you build a better one, AFAIK, like in vanilla. The new one also acts as a minor defense battery during crackdown approaches, though it doesn't do all that much.

The one that doesn't act as a radar is the hyperwave decoder, IIRC, so don't desconstruct your long range radar once you get it.

Offline Toothless Shark

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: February 04, 2019, 09:34:21 pm »
Definitely, since it becomes completely useless once you build a better one, AFAIK, like in vanilla. The new one also acts as a minor defense battery during crackdown approaches, though it doesn't do all that much.

The one that doesn't act as a radar is the hyperwave decoder, IIRC, so don't desconstruct your long range radar once you get it.

You don't need radars with Hyper Wave Decoder. I have only Hyper Wave Decoders in my bases and detect all incoming traffic. This is for J9 and J11 versions of the game, dunno if and when that was changed.