Author Topic: Extended Piratez general FAQ/Strategy Guide  (Read 328851 times)

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
Re: Extended Piratez general FAQ/Strategy Guide
« Reply #285 on: January 23, 2019, 07:09:11 am »
In the meantime, I've updated the main thread with some installation tips for linux users! Actually it was 2602, i've amended the typo up  :) A couple more questions:

1) Does the game have a time limit r virtually it may go on and on; for instance till 2703? and behyond?

2) In the bounty missions - don't know if any other else since i still have not unlocked these - some mission have turn limits; but sometimes the countdown does not start at the beginning like the lock'naar farm (level D), for instance in the humanist arsenal one (level C) it starts afterward, but something needs to be triggered? I got the impression the turns are started being counted on the the arsenal building is in my line of sight, so the latter thing operates only in some missions, is that correct?

No, the game can last indefinitely, assuming you want it too. There might be a point where the game engine breaks but i've never found it. That said about 5-6 years is average. Ran to 8 once cause it was the save i kept for along time to just screw around in.

Turn limits are fixed values, least so far as i know.

Offline sanyaskillpro

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: January 23, 2019, 08:42:17 am »
Why did the humanist arsenal mission need a time limit anyway?

Offline cc

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: January 24, 2019, 10:56:05 pm »
There might be a point where the game engine breaks but i've never found it. That said about 5-6 years is average.
Probably 2 147 483 647. If you manage to get that high before dying of old age yourself, congratulations. :D
« Last Edit: January 24, 2019, 11:00:27 pm by cc »

niculinux

« Reply #288 on: January 25, 2019, 03:07:10 am »
OK guys another update! So went for the gray codex, and unlocked the shadowbat and the snake vessels; i've also build up a pirate weapon arsenal though quite non very technologically advanced these get the job done! Oh some to talk about: why in the goblin zaxx "archeological dig" all of a sudden my gal are put on fire? There is somethingh goin on there? and why in the "Ratmen cache" these are boxed!? I cannot get out of that metal crates!!!

For the rest i unlocked by june 2602 authorized dealers contract and researched plastastee but missing Hellerium  :'( and for a nasty surprise, also the first of june appeared the very firs pirate competitor base! Actually it uses the vanilla's ufo:eu tilesets as far as i've seen.

Edit: some typos
« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 03:00:02 pm by niculinux »

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: January 25, 2019, 05:19:23 pm »
I bet you used an armor that is not allowed for the ratmen cache. And as to the being on fire: some of the enemies might have the smg with API ammo, forgot the name.

niculinux

« Reply #290 on: January 25, 2019, 05:30:13 pm »
I bet you used an armor that is not allowed for the ratmen cache. And as to the being on fire: some of the enemies might have the smg with API ammo, forgot the name.

Thanks but for the archeological mission i saw neither enemies not even sound of gunfire; it happened all of a sudden?! Pherapsh is a bug?

Edit: In the menatime the enemy hideout i found in South america and the beginning o June 2602 is a Mercenary one! They are all armed with gauss muskets, and have some strange force fied shields gloving on them, and even hovertank/plasma! I cannot even conceive to hurt one, so i assume it would be game over sooner i i won't attack it, uness i have the technology?

Also a bit of cheating: what portion of a .sav fie i may erase to delete it from a game? If you want please PM me. Thanks anyways!

« Last Edit: January 25, 2019, 05:54:47 pm by niculinux »

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: January 25, 2019, 06:58:09 pm »
Just ignore the base. It doesn't cost a lot of points.

Offline Negative

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: January 25, 2019, 09:14:10 pm »
They are all armed with gauss muskets, and have some strange force fied shields gloving on them, and even hovertank/plasma! I cannot even conceive to hurt one, so i assume it would be game over sooner i i won't attack it, uness i have the technology?
Run.
Retreat.
Place a "Do not go there!" sign near this base. Once you will be able not only to kill them all, but even to voodoo-control and capture them.

Offline Eddie

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: January 25, 2019, 09:44:03 pm »
And why in the "Ratmen cache" these are boxed!? I cannot get out of that metal crates!!!

The bootypeadia, read it you must. A fool you are if you don't...

niculinux

« Reply #294 on: January 26, 2019, 12:42:08 am »
hanks, actually never discovered that! Anyway got in August 2602, and in the middle of June my secon base was attacked and destreoed by academy guys, osiron security and explorer guys usin plasma weapons at least i think because were wealdin heavy plasma and plasma rifle sprites from vanila uf enemy unknown. In the meantime i got the ridden of filntlock and starting to stash some laser weapons  along with more powerful gunpowder propelled ones (mostly hand cannons and boardin guns) I also researched suer sawed-off, any hint on some shotgun type weapon that has a good compromise with range and piercing damage against armore enemye? I also fought successfully at the end of june my first mutant progom, a spartan one, again, have some advise to gunpowder weapons agains rmored enemies? Got also a secon enemy base in australua; this time ot's the church', to to have somo more decent weaponry to see if i can manage to asssult and destroy it.

I also downned a megapol patrol but thei armor seems very resistent to my current weapons (see attached screenshot). As always, any hints would be  more than welcome! :)

Edit: i regret i wasted lots of goblin zaxx tokens with the slave taskmaster; instead i've should get military supplies 😤😤 hell it will take forever to make these again since i found these missions very hard  :'( Moreiver without the plantation in my second base, wss also forced to fire 2 brainers that i hired in the past months. Hope to stack some more money to build another. Advices on the places would be fine 🙂 Hey, at worst bury me with my guns on!!
« Last Edit: January 26, 2019, 09:38:30 am by niculinux »

Offline Zippicus

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: January 26, 2019, 03:48:26 am »
Generally speaking shotguns are not ideal for armored enemies since the idea is many smaller damage projectiles.  That being said the nuclear laser shotgun works well against armor but you're probably a ways off from being able to build those.  As far as general weapons to use against armored enemies, any weapon that you can manufacture plastasteel ammo for works reasonably well, but it really depends on what you're shooting since everything has different resistances and armor levels.  The laser weapons you're finding should work well too.  Also melee weapons work surprisingly well against almost everything.  Fire is always a good too, almost everything hates being on fire.

Offline Martin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: January 26, 2019, 12:34:55 pm »
Mercenareis aren’t exactly well armoured, they have high resistance to piercing damage.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #297 on: January 26, 2019, 02:17:03 pm »
hanks, actually never discovered that!

It's displayed from the start... Although has been only added in j10.

Offline Eddie

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: January 26, 2019, 03:49:14 pm »
@nuculinux
I find the bounty prize "confederate gear" to be extremely useful. You get the electro lasso and the heavy pistol (desert eagle). Both deal quite well with armored enemies.
The electro lasso is like a ranged cattle prod. It can deal with anything that is not power armor. Also, it has reaction disrupt. Anything you hit will not reaction fire on you.

A good all around setup is then shotgun in hand, heavy pistol in quickslot and lasso on the belt. Shotgun for anything not armored and close range, the pistol can handle armored and medium and long range. Lasso can capture even armored things. The only thing this setup can't do very well is fight enemies 30+ tiles away. You can put an RFC carbine in the backpack for these rare cases or replace the heavy pistols with magnums.

For the shotgun I recommend the double barrel or the military. Double barrel when you expect tougher things like blood hounds or sky ninjas (close range autoshot is a guaranteed kill). Military shotgun for squishy things like ratmen.

Another honorable weapon mention: hunting bow with poison arrows. Does way more damage than you would think. When you have a skilled shooter (70+ throwing) you can take down medium armored enemies like spartan lieutenants in 2-3 shots. Also has reaction disrupt, so things you hit won't shoot back.

Offline Negative

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: January 26, 2019, 05:41:40 pm »
@Eddie
If DEagle is so good(and it is good) - why even use shotgun? Deagle kills anything not armored as well.