aliens

Author Topic: Extended Piratez general FAQ/Strategy Guide  (Read 328769 times)

Offline sanyaskillpro

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Extended Piratez general FAQ/Strategy Guide
« Reply #240 on: August 26, 2018, 10:32:54 am »
Unless I missed something. ;)
And an ambulance.

I wish we could choose the separate campaign and combat difficulty.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2018, 01:41:01 pm by sanyaskillpro »

Offline Martin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: August 26, 2018, 01:31:31 pm »
Do the dark ones 100% find the base? Because I keep shooting down the bogeymen swarms and so far I have never seen them attack one my bases.

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: August 26, 2018, 02:12:16 pm »
I don't think the Bogeyman have anything to do with the Dark One Crackdowns here.

Offline cc

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: August 26, 2018, 04:25:52 pm »
And an ambulance.
25% chance but stops once you researched the note they carry. Which you should've by month 12. ;)

Do the dark ones 100% find the base? Because I keep shooting down the bogeymen swarms and so far I have never seen them attack one my bases.
The Bogeyman Swarms will always target a base, but if you shoot them down before they find it, no base attack will follow.

Offline sanyaskillpro

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: August 26, 2018, 06:38:24 pm »
but stops once you researched the note they carry.
That's a useful piece of information. Because i usually postpone researching this kind of stuff.

Offline wolfreal

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: August 26, 2018, 07:01:04 pm »
That's a useful piece of information. Because i usually postpone researching this kind of stuff.

Hey, it is free slaves and gravity modules!.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #246 on: August 27, 2018, 11:29:33 am »
I wish we could choose the separate campaign and combat difficulty.

These extra retals were added precisely because you cannot.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2018, 11:50:35 am by Dioxine »

Offline Ridаn

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: August 29, 2018, 01:28:31 am »
Any advice on dealing with Ghost Gals from Mysterious Island?
Apparently Mind damage melts them, but I brought nothing but the couple of Ghost Daggers, and those spectres just fly out of my reach.
Forgot to grab my anti-Charm gear as well.

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: August 29, 2018, 03:52:45 am »
Shockafists, but they have the same melee problem as the ghost daggers.  The only thing I can suggest for ranged weaponry are sonic guns, since they do take concussive damage and you can smuggle those underwater.

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #249 on: August 29, 2018, 07:37:11 am »
Anchors.  Work underwater and lay a whooping on the ghosties too.

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: August 29, 2018, 10:40:13 am »
As for anti-charm to lessen the ghosts' stun damage, I'd probably just do the entire mission in bikinis while not bothering with the underwater enemies and rushing straight for the island.  Bring oxygen tanks or some other stun-reducing thing because any stun damage still carry over to the island portion.

Offline netron

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: September 08, 2018, 12:54:14 am »
How are you supposed to do the Bounty Hunt "Reynard must survive" where you free a reynard from a megapol prison? I dug into the bottom layer and flew in through the top, but removing the metal bars was difficult and seems to randomly fail a lot of the time(Do I need a high roll perhaps?). After getting inside, a lot of enemies are in closed off rooms, and I do not know how to open the special doors with orange and red lights to end the mission by killing all enemies. Are the walls and floors immortal? Satchel Charges didn't seem to have any effect, and I didn't have anything stronger on hand. I ended up carrying all prisoners to the green tiles next to the vehicle or my ship, but that didn't result in any bounty tokens on completion.

Offline Ridаn

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: September 08, 2018, 01:33:02 am »
How are you supposed to do the Bounty Hunt "Reynard must survive" where you free a reynard from a megapol prison? I dug into the bottom layer and flew in through the top, but removing the metal bars was difficult and seems to randomly fail a lot of the time(Do I need a high roll perhaps?). After getting inside, a lot of enemies are in closed off rooms, and I do not know how to open the special doors with orange and red lights to end the mission by killing all enemies. Are the walls and floors immortal? Satchel Charges didn't seem to have any effect, and I didn't have anything stronger on hand. I ended up carrying all prisoners to the green tiles next to the vehicle or my ship, but that didn't result in any bounty tokens on completion.
Raynord himself is worth about 1000 tokens, with rest of the prisoners being extra.
Doors can be destroyed by Picks, Hammers, and Fusion Torches, altho I prefer bringing 4 Gals with Mining Lasers. Later on theres Advanced Launcher with Mag Rockets, Nuclear Charges, Fusion Explosives and so on.
No tiles are immortal (except ones spawning the same tile on destruction), making a hole in the floor with Fusion Torch, while welding a door can be super annoying.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: September 08, 2018, 05:21:30 am »
Yeah bring demolition tool to break into the little rooms, alternatively just break into the prison level and carry all the captives out. The prisoners are most of the value of the mission, so i usually ignore going for the full clear cause its tedious and your dealing with both morale and cold degen while you crack open the dozen or so sealed rooms.

KZad Bhat

« Reply #254 on: September 08, 2018, 11:51:08 am »
Yup, those doors are locked and need to be destroyed. I had this mission once, and had intended to kill everyone, but after not being able to find everyone by turn 30 or so (don't recall how long precisely) I instead grabbed all the prisoners and fled. Found a couple more cops waiting outside, but they still weren't all the enemies, so it was still flee for me.

If you've gotten to the bottom, you should know Raynerd is the prisoner in white. When I did it, he was in the eastern most cell, but his placement may be random. Had two gals with pickaxes (because that's all I'd brought, and a fusion torch I'd already consumed all the fuel for) bust the cells open while my others grabbed prisoners and ran.