aliens

Author Topic: Extended Piratez general FAQ/Strategy Guide  (Read 328750 times)

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Extended Piratez general FAQ/Strategy Guide
« Reply #210 on: August 14, 2018, 03:20:54 pm »
Look in the hand-screen. The drop menu in the lower left corner now has shakeup in it and you can do it to your gals. Be sure to read the description and have a look at what it will do for each individual gal.

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
  • Pet Lokk'Nar 9,99 $/hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: August 14, 2018, 03:24:28 pm »
Shake-up buffs the body but screws the combat stats (Throw, Melee, Firing) by 10 or 20%.
Best used for freshly hired cannon-fodder to get stamina and bravery cranked up.
The ceremony puts the receiving user for 20 days into the hospital tho.

Also: They starting spectre (or 2) in the 6 starting crew is meant as a prank.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 03:26:45 pm by Ethereal_Medic »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #212 on: August 14, 2018, 06:17:11 pm »
I don't think the sewers are nearly as bad as they used to be; first off, dogs are easily accessible and dogs = motion scanners. Second, now you can recall motion scanner readings by pressing ALT at any time. Thirdly, pretty early accessible Sense in the form of cats...

Offline wolfreal

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: August 15, 2018, 04:20:10 am »
My 2 cents for base defence:
Every gamers 'favoured' part of a game are sewer levels /j /s
Airvents as secondary counter-attack route should be enough. Camping 3 levels of tight corridors binds alot of troops.

It's also not really fruitfull to argue or complain about hideout defences. Veteran-players just 'deal with it' and take the leader/VIPs 99,9% of the time as captives with no/minimal losses.
Beginners/casual derps just crumble underneath the massive tech-disadvantage and voodoo-rape (church/star gods). Crackdowns are just too minor of a feature to bother changing atm.

Crackdowns are part of the game, I think they are correct as they are right now.

I don't think the sewers are nearly as bad as they used to be; first off, dogs are easily accessible and dogs = motion scanners. Second, now you can recall motion scanner readings by pressing ALT at any time. Thirdly, pretty early accessible Sense in the form of cats...

That is a great help indeed. Dogs are a must in a base.

niculinux

« Reply #214 on: August 15, 2018, 08:04:59 pm »
1 - temple raid
2 - ratmen rodeo
3 - save a sis
4 -scientific experiments
5 - distress call intercepted
6 - help the lockknaars (against ninjas and reaper cavalry)
7 - blood rituals
8 - infested cellar
9 -  hot pursuit
10 - abandoned mine (cannot remember exact name, but is similar)

the list is compete or i missed something?

Moreover in mod there are different types of damage: piercing, daze, incendiary, electric, concussive, also inmthis case the liste is complete? If not and however may someone please make a list of "damages" along with an explanarion of the meaning/working dynamics?
« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 11:50:36 pm by niculinux »

Offline cc

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: August 15, 2018, 11:50:55 pm »
1) temple raid
2) ratmen rodeo
3) save a sis
4)scientific experiments
5) distress call intercepted
6) help the lockknaars (against ninjas and reaper cavalry)
7) blood rituals
8) infested cellar
9) hot pursuit
10 )abandoned mine (cannot remember exact name

the list is compete or i missed something?
I don't know. What are you trying to list?

Moreover in xpiratez there are different types of damage: piercing, daze, incendiary, electric, concussive, also inmthis case the liste is complete? If not and however may someone please make a list of "damages" along with an explanarion of the meaning/working dynamics?
The damage types are:

CHARM
PIERCING
BURN
CONCUSSIVE
LASER
PLASMA
DAZE
CUTTING
CHEM
CHOKING
ANTI-E511
NANO
ELECTRIC
EMP
WARP
MIND
HEAT
COLD

The damage calculation is as follows:
(base damage + bonus damage) * random multiplier * resistance - armor

You apply the resistance value corresponding to the type of damage used by your weapon as a simple multiplicator. 80% means 0.8, 50% means 0.5, and so on.

niculinux

« Reply #216 on: August 15, 2018, 11:58:49 pm »
I don't know. What are you trying to list?

missions that spawn at the beginning of a game, without research to unlock (as opposed for the bounty ones, to make an example). Anyone confirm that list is ok or i forgot some?

The damage types are:

CHARM
PIERCING
BURN
CONCUSSIVE
LASER
PLASMA
DAZE
CUTTING
CHEM
CHOKING
ANTI-E511
NANO
ELECTRIC
EMP
WARP
MIND
HEAT
COLD

The damage calculation is as follows:
(base damage + bonus damage) * random multiplier * resistance - armor

You apply the resistance value corresponding to the type of damage used by your weapon as a simple multiplicator. 80% means 0.8, 50% means 0.5, and so on.

So it's really no difference between those, it only matters when it comes to enemies, since some are more sensible to one or another, right? (piercing for x incendiary for y)
« Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 12:04:35 am by niculinux »

Offline cc

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: August 16, 2018, 12:16:09 am »
missions that spawn at the begginning of a game, without research to unlock (as opposed for the bounty one, to make an example). Anyone confirm that list is ok or i forgot some?
I guess you're only counting locations and not ship traffic. The list should be:

Mutant Progrom (no penalty)
Mutant Culling (after 12 months)
Stranded Govt Agent
Ratmen Rodeo
Help the Lokk'Naars
Save a Sister
Shipwrecked Gal
Distress Call
Bring Down the Watchtower
Scientific Experiments
Temple Raid
Shambler Hunt

These ones from your list require research:
Blood Rituals (Mess Hall)
Infested Cellar (Contacts: Merchants)
Hot Pursuit (Communications)

So it's really no difference between thise, it only matters to enemies, since some are more sensible to one or another, right? (piercing for x incendiary for y)
There's no difference between them on a mechanics level, no.
It pays to keep in mind that Dioxine often bundles secondary effects with some damage types. For example chem weapons tend to cause armor damage and fire weapons cause moral loss. This is just a convention to make things easier for the player, though.

niculinux

« Reply #218 on: August 17, 2018, 11:09:18 pm »
What are the requirements and how does work gal transformation?

Offline Martin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: August 18, 2018, 01:13:26 am »
Beware the cannibals. Especially the ones armed with javelins.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: August 18, 2018, 06:35:18 am »
What are the requirements and how does work gal transformation?

Depends on the transformation, but the general premise is a one time action performed on a gal that modifies most of there stats at once. Transforms are accessed through the button menu in in the bottom left of the hand screen once the correct tech is researched.

I will use the shakeup ceremony as an example since its the earliest in the game. The gal you perform it on gains bravery, but loses 20% of earned experience. However if the gal has no experience in stat you gain a modest amount. The design is to bring the worst fresh hires up to snuff.

Offline Ridаn

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: August 22, 2018, 11:40:09 pm »
Is carrying a primed Stasis grenade on everyone may be considered a valid strategy?
Like in theory: Gal drops wounded, grenade goes off - Gal gets heals, and overstun isnt even that big of a deal, if everyone carries Rum or the like.
Havent really tried that in practice, but recently have lost one of the veterans to overstun from Fire Extinguisher (1HP and burning, apparently a certain death sentence, stims didnt help), and after some thoughts realized that I could have actually saved her by Stasis grenade. And I even had them equipped, such a pity.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: August 23, 2018, 12:40:14 am »
a viable tactic as long as your not in close proximity to other gals. chain KOs are a real possibility with everyone packing preprimed stasis nades.

Offline Ridаn

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: August 23, 2018, 01:19:38 am »
a viable tactic as long as your not in close proximity to other gals. chain KOs are a real possibility with everyone packing preprimed stasis nades.
That was my concern until I tried to disable my own (mind controlled) Gal with those grenades - 3 werent enough. She had her HP capped and had a Guardian suit on (.65 Daze) though.
Overall in my experience Stasis nades are optimal for Mechtoids and not much else.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: August 23, 2018, 02:08:44 am »
fair point the daze resist of your gals armor is a factor on if its a real threat. But its still a risk one must account for taking.