Author Topic: Bugs & Crash Reports  (Read 1418262 times)

Offline Garr

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
[CRASH] Game crashes near the end of Dr. X Mansion
« Reply #4245 on: November 16, 2022, 01:43:56 pm »
When playing the Dr. X Mansion mission at some point at the end of the mission (probably the end; there may be more enemies active - have not checked) the game crashes; crash screen attached.
One of the messages in the log states the following:
[16-11-2022_09-18-17]   [INFO]   MCD HANGAR2_SCI object 22 has invalid DieMCD: 51
Save file taken just before the end of the turn, just before the crash. Several notes:
* A single remaining enemy I am aware of (may be more around) is currently mind controlled and has a grenade under their feet;
* On a previous stage of the mission (in the canyon) remaining enemies hidden inside the mountains were killed via file edit; their status was manually changed to 6 and health - to 0, and no other line was edited. It is probably unrelated, but I wanted to cover all bases.
* The error refers to something missing from the segment in the existing mission; however, the file has not been manually edited ever since the current section of the game began.

Please help me find the reason for this behaviour.

Offline Garr

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Re: [CRASH] Game crashes near the end of Dr. X Mansion
« Reply #4246 on: November 16, 2022, 01:45:10 pm »
Attaching the picture

EDIT: Since attaching the save file is impossible for some reason, here is a link to the file on my Google Drive:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/169rHJ08mEI2HGQecmtjfmzXzJbA7ne-p/view?usp=drivesdk
« Last Edit: November 16, 2022, 01:49:51 pm by Garr »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #4247 on: November 16, 2022, 03:44:42 pm »
Terrain issue, now fixed. Case closed. :)

Offline shinr

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4248 on: November 17, 2022, 07:07:45 am »
Terrain issue, now fixed. Case closed. :)

Does this mean that I have to wait for the new version, or will there be a new file I can replace the old, buggy one with?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #4249 on: November 17, 2022, 10:32:13 am »
Does this mean that I have to wait for the new version, or will there be a new file I can replace the old, buggy one with?

The bug only appears when you destroy a certain tile.

But if you want to avoid this, you can replace the file I attached. (Should be OK even during battle, but no guarantees.)

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs & Crash Reports
« Reply #4250 on: November 18, 2022, 10:43:55 pm »
Just a minor sprite tweak, it probably has not been corrected in recent versions.
Domestic Shotgun never quite looked centered for a 1x3 sprite so I shifted it down 2 pixels. No other changes.

Offline VenatorStorm

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4251 on: November 20, 2022, 10:09:11 pm »
For some reason I keep on getting this after I just installed it.

Offline shinr

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4252 on: November 21, 2022, 08:47:58 am »
For some reason I keep on getting this after I just installed it.

Delete it, make a clean-install, and overwrite the research.rul in the cities lore submod with the file provided here: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,3626.msg150029.html#msg150029

Offline denisog

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4253 on: November 21, 2022, 09:10:46 pm »
Hey guys there is a bug, i cant send fortuna on mission with gudrun. The problem is that i have gudrun on the fortuna. But modal window tells me that i dont. i share my saved game if needed.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2022, 09:15:00 pm by denisog »

Offline Paratoos

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Re: Temple of Sirius Crash
« Reply #4254 on: November 28, 2022, 06:55:51 pm »
Taking the El Fuego to the Temple of Sirius mission in the attached save causes a crash with the error message "no xcom units could be placed on the map".
Removing the custom unit deployment on the El Fuego (by removing and adding a unit in the crew select screen so that the Preview* button becomes Preview) seemed to "fix" the crash.
A custom unit deployment that is just a copy of the default deployment also crashes, so I do not think the actual placement of the units is the cause of the issue.

Some people in the Xpiratez bug report chat room reported that they were NOT able to reproduce the issue with the provided save. I downloaded a fresh copy of the latest Xpiratez (vN1.1) and was still able to reproduce the issue myself, so I don't believe any of my settings or file corruption is to blame.

I'll be happy to provide any other info or help with testing if needed

I had the same issue but was sending 2 Gnomes to the Highway Star bike mission underwater with a Blowfish.

Offline hegirim

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4255 on: December 03, 2022, 04:15:26 pm »
crash on mission start

« Last Edit: December 03, 2022, 04:27:52 pm by hegirim »

Offline zombieguy223

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4256 on: December 10, 2022, 05:32:01 am »
Very minor bug that may only be affecting me for whatever reason.

The BootyPedia entry for the Assault Bike Super Shooty Gun (AUX_SHOOTA_MK3) has the wrong list order, so it appears in the wrong place. It has the list order of 1192, instead of 11092. This means it appears between the Robo-Parrot and Armored Truck Turret entries instead of between ASSAULT BIKE and Auto-Ax (Bike).

Offline Phaethon

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4257 on: December 13, 2022, 07:58:16 pm »
Hello everyone, I don’t follow any other forums apart from this one so I will put a few findings here, if those are already resolved just let me know. There is a typo in the RULES right now concerning the reliance of some techs and manufacturing that prevents some items to be researched or be made, the reliance on base facilities is noted as PSI while the value in the rules is set to PSION, replacing all PSION values with PSI in the rules file seems to fix the problem, another issue that I have is the absence of the D.C Portable Mortar as an item from all missions that used to have some in earlier releases of the mod, namely Siberia Base and the Faction Supply ships, is there a change that those are not available anymore or is this expected and the item needs to be acquired via other means? This issue is preventing research of the Blaster Launcher thus blocking access to Armor piercing lasers as well as all Fusion weapons and ammunition in the game. Thank you in advance for looking at this and keep up the good work.

Offline ontherun

• Colonel
  • Lazy-ass captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4258 on: December 21, 2022, 07:46:20 am »
there is a bug regarding the new inventory system introduce in N2, for details see here

Does anybody know  whether it has been fixed in the N3 version?

Offline Nalca

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4259 on: December 21, 2022, 05:15:26 pm »
Using version v.N3, I'm trying to down a Ninja landcruiser with a battle tank, and "Enemy's too high to intercept".

How that thing is flying ?