aliens

Author Topic: Insane, Impossible Mod Speculation  (Read 29692 times)

Offline Mr. Quiet

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • =Open_X_Com= Mods
Re: Insane, Impossible Mod Speculation
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2015, 08:31:49 am »
I want a mod that let's you continue running X-COM with volunteers after the Counsel tries to shut you down. The CFN becomes your enemy and send Navy Seals, SOCOM, legions of the best from around the world every month.

That's not what I'm talking about. This next section involves changing a lot of how the game rewards you. So bare with me. These are rough ideas that may or may not be possible to implement.

If you need a challenge, this is it. You won't worry about the Counsel's point system anymore, but funding and supplies will have to come from a 3rd party, maybe corporations and strange factions you can accept or deny. You will be juggling these groups and some will pay well, others not, though they'll come with different benefits and perks. You'll also need to worry when a group nags about you accepting funding and benefits from their enemy or if they become enemies with a current funding faction member. Anyways, benefits are as the original when the Counsel did everything for you, but you won't get everything at once. Benefits come from giving you a recruiting roster to hire new operatives, to being able to safely supply you with certain arms, armor, accessories. Perks would be quicker injury recoveries, to cheaper building costs, you know the generic gaming stuff. Also if a dictator takes on to your cause, you'll be able to build bases without any retaliation. Building anywhere else gives you a small chance of getting discovered by that nation and the Counsel finding out. You'll be building bases in a more secretive manner, so you'll be okay. It's just the known bases, before the CFN disowned you, that you'll have to defend.

I could go on, and I did write a looong topic about this awhile back in the suggestions. You can try to look for it if it interests you. Others chimed in as well.

Edit: I found my old topic. https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,1542.msg14101.html#msg14101
« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 08:37:25 am by Mr. Quiet »

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2015, 08:53:50 pm »
Rotation of battlescape. Each tile have 4 real walls. Each object have 4 different sprites for each direction. Now you can look on battlescape from any direction (of course 4 not 360 :> )

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
  • Infiltration subroutine in progress
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2015, 10:12:15 pm »
Also if a dictator takes on to your cause, you'll be able to build bases without any retaliation.

And if you placed a base in North Korea you'd also get a signed pic of the Supreme Leader ;)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2015, 11:14:21 am »
I'm sure N. Korea would be a perfect place for such an X-Com to operate from. Everything's for cheap and the Glorious Leader asks no questions and doesn't really give a s**t if you break law as long as you have cash on hand and are willing to do some favour from time to time :)

Offline nadir-1648

• Captain
  • Oh yes, this is going to be dreadful.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2015, 07:43:00 am »
I'm sure N. Korea would be a perfect place for such an X-Com to operate from. Everything's for cheap and the Glorious Leader asks no questions and doesn't really give a s**t if you break law as long as you have cash on hand and are willing to do some favour from time to time :)

And the access lift includes a statue of every Kim, oldest to youngest, and if they get destroyed so does the base
 :P Your partnership with North Korea also includes a steady stream of free, unpaid "volunteers" :D

Here's another idea. How 'bout vehicle (HWP and craft) operators, with skills that affect the performance of their vehicle (which they're assigned to in the Equip Craft menu)? If the craft is lost, you get a 50/50 chance of getting a special mission to go save the pilot. Both types of pilot appear in your base and can die in combat, and both can get experience and promotions like normal.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2015, 09:18:43 am »
And the access lift includes a statue of every Kim, oldest to youngest, and if they get destroyed so does the base
 :P Your partnership with North Korea also includes a steady stream of free, unpaid "volunteers" :D

Hehehe, right on target :)

And I'd love to see that 'save the pilot' mission... which brings back another idea - I'd also love to see craft's performance being influenced by that pilot's stats... (and it could either be a separate type of person or an xcom agent - either way, an experienced veteran can make all the difference, but losing them would be much more painful than losing just a replace-able interceptor...)

Offline clownagent

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2015, 12:10:28 am »
I would love to see flowing water/lava and rain.
Craters slowly filling with water.
Also maps mixed with underwater and land parts, where aquanauts could walk from the beach into sea and vice versa.
Or the hull of cargo ship half filled with water.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2015, 10:23:02 pm »
  • Armed civilians, police or state army to fight against the aliens in Terrors.
  • Living pilots, chosen from your soldiers, whose stats affect air combat.
  • Scientists and engineers are your soldiers too!

niculinux

« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2015, 11:32:04 am »
  • Armed civilians, police or state army to fight against the aliens in Terrors.
  • Living pilots, chosen from your soldiers, whose stats affect air combat.
  • Scientists and engineers are your soldiers too!

Really interestin' hope to see in some mode someday, maybe called "realism mod" or something!  :-*

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2015, 01:55:08 am »
Really interestin' hope to see in some mode someday, maybe called "realism mod" or something!  :-*

I wouldn't call multidisciplinary superagents/pilots/geeks realistic, but whatever floats your boat... :)

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2015, 04:17:24 am »
Ever watched "Agents of SHIELD" ? Or CSI? Obviously, real agents can do cutting edge science and tech, as well as marksmen-worthy shooting! ;)

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
  • Infiltration subroutine in progress
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2015, 09:40:55 pm »
as well as marksmen-worthy shooting! ;)

It is a well known fact that everyone acquires its shooting skills at the Imperial Stormtrooper AcademyTM, so this is completely unrealistic ;)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2015, 04:07:31 pm »
Ever watched "Agents of SHIELD" ? Or CSI? Obviously, real agents can do cutting edge science and tech, as well as marksmen-worthy shooting! ;)

They get much more taxpayer money per person than XCom, while not having to deal with interceptor retail and missile silo running costs and things like that, no wonder they're so good :)

Offline KOYK

• Sergeant
  • To walk a fine line
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2015, 12:25:53 pm »
1) Geoscape Co-op Multiplayer, complete with real time battle, like x-com apocalipse.

2) Move your crew in your base ALL of them engineers doctors ect.

3) First person shouter combined with real time strategy battle (like all the usual x-com games). using graphics like doom 1 for the fps part.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 12:31:18 pm by KOYK »

Offline crwydryny

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2015, 04:43:18 pm »
I actually want Chryssalids with Psionic zombification powers! Those would indeed not need the ability to bust through walls *evilgrin*

thanks... thanks a F*ing bunch for that... I hope you don't mind if I send my therapy bill your way while I try to deal with PTSD caused by the thought of chryssalids that can zombify you from 1/2 mile away just by thinking about you :P