aliens

Author Topic: [WIP][BETA] A better Skyranger  (Read 5196 times)

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
[WIP][BETA] A better Skyranger
« on: August 14, 2015, 12:54:26 am »
I decided to start a thread on this myself and hopefully nobody will look upon this as repeating what I said in Hellrazor's thread earlier. I would move those discussions in here if I knew how. But anyway here's my final version with the minor glitch of no ufopedia entry despite my best attempts. I'm no expert but maybe you can't have the skyranger and skymarshall in the ufopedia at the same time, any advise would be welcome. From initial testing in battlemode it seems to work fine but for the forementioned glitch. Many thanks to Solarius Scorch whose work from the FMP I've used extensively in this. Also thanks & credits goes to Arthanor, Hellrazor and anyone else whose work has contributed to this or has given me pointers. The Skymarshall image is actually from XAE's Skyguardian which I converted to a .gif file from the original .png file. See post of 2015-30-08, mod slightly updated with 1 weapon port.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 05:27:34 pm by SIMON »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: A better Skyranger
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2015, 10:18:38 am »
Nice. But can we also have some pictures, as required by the modding subforum rules? As well as proper tagging?

I know those rules are technically for the Completed Mods subforum, not Modding/Experiments, but I think it should apply it here, or at least it would be good practice.

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [WIP] A better Skyranger
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2015, 02:38:00 pm »
Original message edited as per Solarius advice, as I said it does work but maybe someone will figure out why no ufopedia entry.

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
  • Deep Ruleset Digger & Bughunter
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2015, 03:25:51 pm »
Hey Simon,

Your ufopaedia Section is named wrongly.
You wrote "ufopedia" instead of "ufopaedia"

See here

Don't have OpenXcom here to test, but i attach the corrected ruleset, try it and let me know :>

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2015, 03:41:41 pm »
Yep that did it, it's very easy to leave out 1 letter and have a glitch which you can't seemingly find, so thanks very much. I have also modified the earlier message with the new fully functional mod.

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [WIP][BETA] A better Skyranger
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2015, 04:49:14 pm »
Just a minor update, added 1 weapon port to the craft, update attached.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 01:13:22 pm by SIMON »

niculinux

Re: [WIP][BETA] A better Skyranger
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2015, 05:01:43 pm »
Just a minor update, added 1 weapon port to the craft, update attached.

Thanks, please may update the first post replacing the old file, and add eventually a screenshot? Also check the first post because the old mod was posted twice   ;)