Author Topic: [WIP] Chiko's Alternate Xcom  (Read 151459 times)

Offline Warboy1982

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • Developer
    • View Profile
Re: New weapon graphics
« Reply #120 on: June 21, 2014, 11:11:48 pm »
Question... Is there a way to implement a flamethrower?

this looks like a job for.... WARBOY!

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #121 on: June 21, 2014, 11:16:07 pm »

Oh goodie! :)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #122 on: June 21, 2014, 11:17:40 pm »
Time will tell :)

Offline Unknown Hero

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 22, 2014, 02:56:01 am »
Really nice work Chiko,

I would only suggest to make some changes to the gun barrel for the Alien Plasma Pistol / Alien Plasma Rifle, and for the Human Plasma Pistol / Human Plasma Rifle to give them a little more volume; it seems to lack something (in French in the text: "ce je ne sais quoi") compared to the Alien Plasma Cannon and Human Plasma Cannon.

I made some changes (only for the alien weapons, and poorly done (don't zoom in, don't use it ;) ) just for the goal to explain it  :)

I was about to make a proposal for an electric shock grenade to use against Cyberdiscs, but it seems that it's no longer necessary  :D
Your ideas about Electromagnetic Weapons are great.

Offline Chiko

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 22, 2014, 05:02:25 am »
Being able to add new sounds is awesome. I found one that fits the Sniper Rifle perfectly well. :3
Talking about the Sniper Rifle. You can only fire one aimed shot or two snap shots per turn and it takes 5 round clips but it does 3 times the damage of the normal rifle, so it's best to keep snipers in stationary positions and let others do the exploring.

:O     It would be awesome if flamethrowers could be featured into the game!

Really nice work Chiko,

I would only suggest to make some changes to the gun barrel for the Alien Plasma Pistol / Alien Plasma Rifle, and for the Human Plasma Pistol / Human Plasma Rifle to give them a little more volume; it seems to lack something (in French in the text: "ce je ne sais quoi") compared to the Alien Plasma Cannon and Human Plasma Cannon.

I made some changes (only for the alien weapons, and poorly done (don't zoom in, don't use it ;) ) just for the goal to explain it  :)
https://img4.hostingpics.net/pics/813158AlienPlasma04.png

I was about to make a proposal for an electric shock grenade to use against Cyberdiscs, but it seems that it's no longer necessary  :D
Your ideas about Electromagnetic Weapons are great.
Sure, I also think my plasma weapons look a bit lacking. I will probably edit them when I start adding the plasma weapon sprites into the mod.

Also, about the Electromagnetic Weapons. There's no EMP damage in the game so they are just ideas for now. I will suggest it, though. I'd love to implement them into the game.

niculinux

« Reply #125 on: June 22, 2014, 11:45:23 am »
Dear chiko,

A little little "request" please, may you laso make a new sprite for the mind probe? Actually the original one featured in the vanilla game it's a......ball?!?!?!?!  :o

Offline Aldorn

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 22, 2014, 02:29:17 pm »
Talking about the Sniper Rifle. You can only fire one aimed shot or two snap shots per turn and it takes 5 round clips but it does 3 times the damage of the normal rifle, so it's best to keep snipers in stationary positions and let others do the exploring.
Don't forget to add a "minRange:"

EDIT : and don't forget to post result of your work 8) ;)

Offline Chiko

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 22, 2014, 04:58:44 pm »
Dear chiko,

A little little "request" please, may you laso make a new sprite for the mind probe? Actually the original one featured in the vanilla game it's a......ball?!?!?!?!  :o

Well, it's alien tech. It's supposed to look weird for us. xD
I'll see what I can do.

Don't forget to add a "minRange:"

EDIT : and don't forget to post result of your work 8) ;)
MinRange? What does that do exactly? Edit: I found it in the wiki. :P
What number do you think it's appropriated here? 10 maybe?

Also, ever since I added mods, I keep getting an error with dll files but the game works anyways. Is that normal? :P

Offline Aldorn

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 22, 2014, 05:28:13 pm »
MinRange? What does that do exactly? Edit: I found it in the wiki. :P
What number do you think it's appropriated here? 10 maybe?
Gauss Sniper Rifle is 20 if I remember but I think it's a little too much, so 10 seems ok

Also, ever since I added mods, I keep getting an error with dll files but the game works anyways. Is that normal? :P
I don't think so
On Win 7 x64 I never meet such an error. In this case better is perhaps to reinstall
PS : beware of Commendations/Diaries mod as it changes exe and dll, but I guess you are aware of it

Offline Chiko

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 22, 2014, 07:04:13 pm »
Aww... I wanted to implement the Stun-Gas Grenade featured in the main page but there's no such thing as stun smoke. :P
Guess it's just gonna be an stun explosion like with stun bombs.

Also, what do you guys think about Stun ammo for the Autogun and Cannon? It would give those weapons more chances to be used in late game, IMO.
There's also sprites for pistol and rifle stun ammo but that seems too much. :P

Offline Aldorn

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 22, 2014, 08:45:21 pm »
@Chicko
I already ask you but I wonder if I well understood your answer, so I ask again  :-[ : are you able to provide material from your first post (by material I mean 1 gif per weapon or per clip) ?
It's a pain to see all this nice stuff and not be able to use it

And what about floorhob, handob, ... : do you plan to work on it too ?

As an example of application, stun ammo, if not used as stun ammo, could be used in replacement of alloy ammunition, etc...
« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 08:47:02 pm by Aldorn »

Offline Chiko

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 23, 2014, 05:46:29 am »
@Chicko
I already ask you but I wonder if I well understood your answer, so I ask again  :-[ : are you able to provide material from your first post (by material I mean 1 gif per weapon or per clip) ?
It's a pain to see all this nice stuff and not be able to use it

And what about floorhob, handob, ... : do you plan to work on it too ?

As an example of application, stun ammo, if not used as stun ammo, could be used in replacement of alloy ammunition, etc...
I can do that but it would take time, since they were made with full color depth/no palette. I will be including them in the mod I'm making, though so anyone will be able to take the gif files from the mod.

And yes, I will work on the floorhob and handob but even thinking about it makes me lazy. xD

Offline Aldorn

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 23, 2014, 09:32:43 am »
I can do that but it would take time, since they were made with full color depth/no palette. I will be including them in the mod I'm making, though so anyone will be able to take the gif files from the mod.
Ok I didn't know or understand this

And yes, I will work on the floorhob and handob but even thinking about it makes me lazy. xD
You, lazy ? :o

Do here only what you enjoy doing and leave the rest, there will always be other motivated to complete these tasks.

Offline Chiko

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 23, 2014, 06:52:36 pm »
Also, where can I get the floorhob and handob sprites? I remember someone posting them in a thread but that was eons ago.

Offline KingMob4313

• Commander
  • Never let me down again.
    • View Profile
    • Mod Hub for Equal Terms 2.0
« Reply #134 on: June 24, 2014, 04:29:43 am »
This thread is now a sprite repository for modding purposes. I'll try to constantly update this thread with new sprites and I can also take sprite requests too. The sprites I'll be posting here will be mostly for new ideas, rather than replacements of the old sprites.

Standard-Issue Weapons
Combat Knife / Pistol / Assault Rifle / Sniper Rifle

As others may have asked, do you have links to the other ob views for battlescape and the like.

Also, do you take commissions?  I could use a graphics set for a light machine gun and a sub machine gun.