Author Topic: [WIP] Chiko's Alternate Xcom  (Read 147785 times)

Offline Aldorn

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: New weapon graphics
« Reply #150 on: June 26, 2014, 05:13:03 am »
Lots of stuff...

Be not offended, I am not interested by the ruleset

But by the sprites... :)

And there's a nice picture that can be used for some ufopaedia entry, nice contribution

I display some of your stuff just for pleasure

Offline Chiko

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 26, 2014, 05:25:57 am »
No worries, as stated in the main page, all this stuff is free to use by other ppl.

Also, I forgot to mention Incendiary Grenades and Stun Grenades are also there. Stun Grenades need the research of Small Launcher and Stun Bombs first for them to be available for manufacture.

Offline Aldorn

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 26, 2014, 05:27:49 am »
Do I have to understand that you plan to provide all stuff displayed on first page ???

Hmmm....  ::)

EDIT : I definitely love the sniper rifle

Offline Chiko

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 26, 2014, 06:13:32 am »
Yeah, those sprites and their names below were based on that .txt file I posted before. I will try to implement the most I can from that. Most of it cannot be implemented right now, though.

Offline Chiko

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 26, 2014, 09:10:48 am »
Uh oh... there some weird mistake I made but I can't see what's wrong. The Laser Weapons ufopedia entry is always shown, even if you start a new game and you can research it.  D:

Edit: Nvm, I just noticed what I missed. :P
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 09:19:22 am by Chiko »

Offline Chiko

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 27, 2014, 02:10:26 am »
I'm almost done with the extended plasma research. It works like this:

You will be allowed to research alien plasma weapons and learn how to use them but you cannot manufacture them, including their ammo. Once you have researched all laser tech, Elerium 115, Alien Alloys and all alien plasma weapons and their ammo clips, a new research topic will appear, Plasma Weapon Adaptation. When you finish researching it, you will also get a free research, Human Plasma Pistol, and be allowed to research the rest of the human version of alien weapons, and also Plasma Defense and Plasma Cannon for Craft and HWP. There's also a Tank/Plasma HWP, which is available as soon as you research the Plasma Cannon.

I will do something similar with the rest of the alien Tech.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 04:51:57 am by Chiko »

Offline Aldorn

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 27, 2014, 07:40:14 am »
This should not suit to Solarius :P, but nice to propose this alternative

I will refond my mod to use Terran Plasma Weapons :)

Chiko, may I ask you to set this link in your first also header post ?
Chiko's WIP here
and to update it from time to time with your last available stuff (especially images)

EDIT : I'am not sure if it yours, but I found this in my archives, I did not even remember to have downloaded it
In case it helps you, see attached archive
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 08:02:09 am by Aldorn »

Offline Aldorn

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 27, 2014, 04:08:59 pm »
Chiko, I would have a request for you  ::)

Do you mind you could design some new (fixed) weapon, specific to the XCOM Enforcer (see attached)
The default weapon is the Plasma Rifle, I tried with Auto Cannon as of same colour...

If you have any inspiration
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 04:11:22 pm by Aldorn »

Offline Chiko

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 27, 2014, 09:00:56 pm »
This should not suit to Solarius :P, but nice to propose this alternative

I will refond my mod to use Terran Plasma Weapons :)

Chiko, may I ask you to set this link in your first also header post ?
Chiko's WIP here
and to update it from time to time with your last available stuff (especially images)

EDIT : I'am not sure if it yours, but I found this in my archives, I did not even remember to have downloaded it
In case it helps you, see attached archive
Is he doing something similar?

Also, yeah. Next update of this WIP should go into the main page instead of a post.
And those sprites are not mine but they do look similar to the alien plasma weapons I made a while ago.

Chiko, I would have a request for you  ::)

Do you mind you could design some new (fixed) weapon, specific to the XCOM Enforcer (see attached)
The default weapon is the Plasma Rifle, I tried with Auto Cannon as of same colour...

If you have any inspiration

Hmm... how should it look like? Maybe it could be like the heavy plasma but with no way to hold it, kinda like the vanilla Auto Cannon does. Vanilla Auto Cannon does look kinda weird since it has no visible way to hold it. :P

Offline Chiko

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 27, 2014, 10:19:56 pm »
I just updated the the mod and posted it in the main post. It includes all the changes I mentioned before.

Offline Aldorn

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 28, 2014, 12:32:27 am »
Hmm... how should it look like? Maybe it could be like the heavy plasma but with no way to hold it, kinda like the vanilla Auto Cannon does. Vanilla Auto Cannon does look kinda weird since it has no visible way to hold it. :P
I'm not very creative, I trust you...
Suggestion : a weapon of same colour as armor, as if it was part of the armor
(Absolutely not urgent...)

I just updated the the mod and posted it in the main post. It includes all the changes I mentioned before.
Thanks dude  ;)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 12:36:22 am by Aldorn »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #161 on: June 28, 2014, 02:20:51 am »
Is he doing something similar?

Yeah, I'm on the Final Mod Pack team. Aldorn was referring to the fact that I seem to fight the idea of preventing humans from using alien tech for silly reasons like not having similar hands, because it's not true. :P However, I'm not fanatical enough to enforce it on other people. :P

As for the Enforcer weapon, will it be a Fixed Weapon, like someone suggested? AFAIR there was a bug with weapons going missing or something.

Offline Chiko

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 28, 2014, 03:18:17 am »
Oh, well, there's no need to worry about that in this mod coz humans can still use the alien weapons, just not manufacture them at first. I'm making it so instead of manufacture an exact duplicate of an alien item, Xcom will make a "human" version of it with some small bonuses so it makes more sense to actually make them coz in vanilla Xcom you get so many weapons from missions that it's not even necessary.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #163 on: June 28, 2014, 03:20:47 am »
Oh, well, there's no need to worry about that in this mod coz humans can still use the alien weapons, just not manufacture them at first. I'm making it so instead of manufacture an exact duplicate of an alien item, Xcom will make a "human" version of it with some small bonuses so it makes more sense to actually make them coz in vanilla Xcom you get so many weapons from missions that it's not even necessary.

It's a fair point. I'll think about it too, though perhaps not in the first release.

Is manufacturing human plasma weapons exceptionally hard/costly in your scheme? Because if they're (even marginally) better than alien weapons, I can't see why it wouldn't be used.

Offline Chiko

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 28, 2014, 03:51:21 am »
What about this one?

It's a fair point. I'll think about it too, though perhaps not in the first release.

Is manufacturing human plasma weapons exceptionally hard/costly in your scheme? Because if they're (even marginally) better than alien weapons, I can't see why it wouldn't be used.
It's more like adapting alien tech so you need an alien weapon and 1 alien alloy to make one. Ammo is pretty much the same as before but you can only manufacture ammo when adapting their weapons is available, which is now later in the game.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 03:57:06 am by Chiko »