aliens

Author Topic: [WIP] Chiko's Alternate Xcom  (Read 147464 times)

Offline Chiko

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: New weapon graphics
« Reply #165 on: June 28, 2014, 04:17:35 am »
Laser Weapons kinda get outclassed fast... what about Elerium fueled Laser Weapons? I remember someone asking for ammo clip sprites for Laser Weapons so Maybe I could make it so Lasers Weapons need ammo clips to operate but they offer lots of ammo anyways. So, as soon as you research Elerium and Alien Alloys, you get to research stronger ammo for them. :3

Offline Aldorn

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: June 28, 2014, 04:42:39 am »
Yeah, I'm on the Final Mod Pack team. Aldorn was referring to the fact that I seem to fight the idea of preventing humans from using alien tech for silly reasons like not having similar hands, because it's not true. :P However, I'm not fanatical enough to enforce it on other people. :P

As for the Enforcer weapon, will it be a Fixed Weapon, like someone suggested? AFAIR there was a bug with weapons going missing or something.
I confirm, depending on my own tests, that set fixedWeapon to false make it crash, so it is necessary to set a fixed weapon

I would like a specific weapon, some HMG/Scatter/... with autoShots: 5

What about this one?

This one is nice, please keep it

Depending on how long it is to make a new weapon, if you have time and patience for another one, I would suggest an automated heavy weapon, like the Railgun but with Powersuit colorscheme
A weapon very "robotic", that even a strong soldier could not carry

Do not forget to attach this new plasma weapon, even if finally not used for Enforcer, it will be used for any other new heavy alien weapon  :)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 05:02:39 am by Aldorn »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #167 on: June 28, 2014, 05:51:47 am »
If it is fixed, then why does it even have an inventory screen? O_o

Offline Aldorn

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: June 28, 2014, 06:02:51 am »
If it is fixed, then why does it even have an inventory screen? O_o
Because if it hadn't, lots of us would have asked to have access to its inventory  :P

And occasionally, you can make him carry some stuff

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #169 on: June 28, 2014, 06:23:36 am »
Because if it hadn't, lots of us would have asked to have access to its inventory  :P

OK, I thought X-Com units with fixed weapons cannot have inventory. I'm glad to have been wrong though. :)

Offline Chiko

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: June 28, 2014, 08:00:51 am »
This one is nice, please keep it

Depending on how long it is to make a new weapon, if you have time and patience for another one, I would suggest an automated heavy weapon, like the Railgun but with Powersuit colorscheme
A weapon very "robotic", that even a strong soldier could not carry

Do not forget to attach this new plasma weapon, even if finally not used for Enforcer, it will be used for any other new heavy alien weapon  :)
Sure, I can try something else. Also, are you using the vanilla sprites for your plasma weapons or custom sprites?

Laser Weapons kinda get outclassed fast... what about Elerium fueled Laser Weapons? I remember someone asking for ammo clip sprites for Laser Weapons so Maybe I could make it so Lasers Weapons need ammo clips to operate but they offer lots of ammo anyways. So, as soon as you research Elerium and Alien Alloys, you get to research stronger ammo for them. :3
Either that or I could just make the Laser Weapons upgradeable instead. But making Laser Weapons so then you can upgrade them to these new ones might sound like an annoying thing to do so maybe you could just build them from Alloys and Elerium instead?

Offline Aldorn

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: June 28, 2014, 08:14:30 am »
Sure, I can try something else. Also, are you using the vanilla sprites for your plasma weapons or custom sprites?

For now, I use vanilla + new plasma weapons from Solarius Scorch (see below).

But I wait for any new alien/terran plasma weapon you would provide, as you make harmonious stuff.

I will certainly keep some of Solars as I like them too (perhaps will replace the plasma caster = 2nd)

BIGOBS stay the most valuable, as for FLOOROB I can use existing ones, eventually same for HANDOB

Another "small" request : are you able to make a MiscResearch2.gif like Alien Alloys, for some text to be displayed on the left side (I mean : resize MiscResearch.gif, push it on the right border, and set the background of the remaining part to transparent/black colour) ?
« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 09:08:57 am by Aldorn »

Offline Mackus

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: June 29, 2014, 01:34:12 am »

Wait: Does it mean I can mod in new armour type with built-in weapon, or two?

Offline Aldorn

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: June 29, 2014, 02:04:15 am »
Wait: Does it mean I can mod in new armour type with built-in weapon, or two?
I don't think so
But it would have to be tested

Offline Chiko

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: June 29, 2014, 07:30:26 pm »
Question, lads. I just finished with the laser power cell stuff. There's an issue, though.

When you check on a laser weapon ufopedia entry, it will show the elerium power cells too even though you are supposed to have no idea about their existence... Is there a way for them to don't show up there or at least until you research the Elerium Laser Weapons topic?

Offline Falko

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: June 29, 2014, 07:34:39 pm »
look at the shotgun mod there it works
here a hint
Code: [Select]
  - id: STR_ELERIUM_SHOTGUN_SHELLS
    type_id: 4
    section: STR_NOT_AVAILABLE
    requires:
      - STR_ELERIUM_SHOTGUN_SHELLS

Offline Aldorn

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: June 29, 2014, 07:56:16 pm »
Question, lads. I just finished with the laser power cell stuff. There's an issue, though.

When you check on a laser weapon ufopedia entry, it will show the elerium power cells too even though you are supposed to have no idea about their existence... Is there a way for them to don't show up there or at least until you research the Elerium Laser Weapons topic?
Follow Falko's recommendation, or post your ruleset here and I will have a look

Offline Chiko

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: June 29, 2014, 08:41:16 pm »
Thanks! That did the trick. I just uploaded the latest build with this stuff in the main page. Additional changes include:

-You need All Laser Tech Tree, Alien Alloys and Elerium 115 to be able to research Elerium Lasers.
-As soon as you research Elerium Lasers, you will be allowed to manufacture these powerful ammo cells for personal laser weapons. (HWPs, Craft and Facilities with Laser Tech are unaffected for now)
-Laser power cells do a bit less damage than vanilla laser weapons and the new Elerium ones do damage between the first Laser power cells and Plasma weapons.
-You now need Elerium Lasers research and all Alien Plasma Weapons to be able to develop Human Plasma Weapons.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 08:43:02 pm by Chiko »

Offline Chiko

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: June 30, 2014, 08:18:20 am »
Is there a way to make this elerium ammo thing with craft and HWPs? Or the only option there is to just make new Elerium Laser HWPs and Craft Cannon?

Also, I will edit the laser weapons stats. Pistol won't auto shot. Rifle will be separated into assault and sniper, just like I did with the standard issue weapons. The heavy Laser will have auto shot, less acc but less TUs usage for firing in automatic mode.

I won't make new power cells for Laser Sniper Rifles, they will instead use the Heavy Laser Power Cells or Heavy L115 Power Cells also used in the Heavy Laser. So Laser Sniper Rifles will need a lot of TUs to fire, cause Heavy Laser damage and have superior accuracy. They will have an accuracy penalty for using at close combat, just like the normal sniper rifles.

Edit: About the Flamethrower. A way to implement it into the mod would be as a "melee" weapon that uses ammo. It could be like the most damaging melee weapon available and it could then be upgraded with elerium to name an idea.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 08:43:13 am by Chiko »

Offline Aldorn

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: June 30, 2014, 11:32:00 am »
Is there a way to make this elerium ammo thing with craft and HWPs? Or the only option there is to just make new Elerium Laser HWPs and Craft Cannon?
I think so, have a look at Alloy Crafts and Gauss HWP

I won't make new power cells for Laser Sniper Rifles, they will instead use the Heavy Laser Power Cells or Heavy L115 Power Cells also used in the Heavy Laser. So Laser Sniper Rifles will need a lot of TUs to fire, cause Heavy Laser damage and have superior accuracy. They will have an accuracy penalty for using at close combat, just like the normal sniper rifles.
Some modders are used to make Sniper Rifle clip smaller than other weapons clips (as for me, I make it containing only 2 bullets...) so, depending on efforts it asks you, a power cell specific to Laser Sniper Rifle would be appreciated ; otherwise it is always possible to use any other clip (Rifle or Heavy).

Anyway, I am glad to learn you will create this Laser Sniper Rifle !

I give you another idea  what about a Laser Heavy Machine Gun ?
- low power
- high tuUse
- very heavy
- but with high autoshots (10 or 20)

« Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 11:36:42 am by Aldorn »