aliens

Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3612417 times)

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - M4 6-Jan-2022 Peasant Revolution
« Reply #8310 on: January 07, 2022, 09:04:22 pm »
Surely Meridian's Openxcom extended has taken care of this, so there would no need of the patch for Piratez or Openxcomfiles.

Of course not.
OpenXcom Extended doesn't come with any original data, same as OpenXcom.

The patch is recommended also when using OpenXcom Extended.

If you're using the Windows installer, there is an option to download and apply the patch automatically.
Otherwise you can apply it manually.

Offline SteamStalker

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8311 on: January 07, 2022, 09:36:17 pm »
If you are talking about what I think you are,

Yes, I am talking about exactly that data patch.

As many mods are going to rely on the original game's files using these patches to fix a few of the remaining glitches is worth the install and the setup is very easy.

If you installed the windows version of OpenXcom via the .exe release (Not the standalone .zip) it should already have the 'Data Patch' included... I think.

Thing is that XPiratez comes prepackaged with OpenXcom, and I, following the instructions in the readme, copy the files from my Steam X-Com installation to "XPiratez\UFO" which, if I remember correctly, has only a text file saying which files to copy over into the directory. As far as I understand, the Data Patch files should go into that directory. Does it means that XPiratez doesn't comes prepackaged with the Data Patch? I guess it's up to Dioxine - he knows for sure if the data patch is needed or not.

Never heard of the data patch, works just fine with just the base xcom files.
That's the point - I'm playing since J15, if not earlier and I've learned about Data Patch only recently, which made me wondering what is it and what it does.
Does it fixes a certain bug where some tiles of a certain terrain sets turned into tree stumps? There's more on that on UFOpaedia - against, I can't post links just yet, but you can look up on UFOpaedia Known_Bugs>Mountain_Map and Explosions>Mile-High_Madness.
Of course not.
OpenXcom Extended doesn't come with any original data, same as OpenXcom.

The patch is recommended also when using OpenXcom Extended.

If you're using the Windows installer, there is an option to download and apply the patch automatically.
Otherwise you can apply it manually.

Thank you for an answer! I'll guess I'll apply Data Patch the next time I'll install the fresh version of XPiratez and see for myself.

Offline Greep

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8312 on: January 08, 2022, 09:08:56 pm »
Lmao the peasant army is now a diverging path   :o.  I've got to try this out.  Peasants vs ninjas is just asking for a massacre, though.

Hah, this is perfect, the harvester is the big civilian ship xD
« Last Edit: January 09, 2022, 12:17:30 am by Greep »

Offline Yirtimd2

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8313 on: January 09, 2022, 12:05:51 am »
Yeah! Big Thanks to our great leader Dioxin! Now I have something to play!

Offline Requiem

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8314 on: January 09, 2022, 07:36:27 pm »
Hi
So i tried new Harvester, it is nice lil fortress endeed but is it supposed to generate 8 bills no matter what? It just eats chunk of my score from any mission.
Not sure if bug, so i just leave it here.
Also it have 3 light slots and i have 2 25mm cannons but cant fit any.
Also i think upper left elevator is broken, cant get through.
Btw i wonder if its connected to my first question, i will be not surprised if bills charged because lift becomes destroyed at the beginning of each mission. :)
« Last Edit: January 09, 2022, 08:43:56 pm by Requiem »

Offline Greep

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8315 on: January 09, 2022, 09:44:57 pm »
Not being able to mount 3 lights is normal, it uses ground/divebombs.  So 14mm chaingun or airballs (dv) is what you get starting out.  Not sure about the rest, although I wonder if maybe the craft is too tall for the map or something.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2022, 09:59:24 pm by Greep »

Offline Requiem

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8316 on: January 09, 2022, 10:00:34 pm »
Greep,
Oh, little bit wierd that airvan can fit 25mm but this big boy dont, but ok.

Bills for damaging the craft charged on any mission no matter wich.

Anyway want to say thanks to Dioxine for the update. I am doing reject the power/revolution run now after a year break, having fun so far. :) Will try to fit into that monster as many peasants with ak's and molotovs as possible. :) But only if i will manage these new score punches(ended with score -485 twice, not sure how that even was possible).
« Last Edit: January 09, 2022, 10:05:15 pm by Requiem »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #8317 on: January 10, 2022, 10:25:08 am »
If you are talking about what I think you are, you can find the 'data patch' files on the offical OpenXcom site, here:
https://openxcom.org/downloads-extras/

Specifically this one for X-COM: UFO Defense:
https://openxcom.org/download/extras/universal-patch-ufo.zip

And this one for X-COM: Terror From the Deep:
https://openxcom.org/download/extras/universal-patch-tftd.zip

As many mods are going to rely on the original game's files using these patches to fix a few of the remaining glitches is worth the install and the setup is very easy.

If you installed the windows version of OpenXcom via the .exe release (Not the standalone .zip) it should already have the 'Data Patch' included... I think.

To install the patch manually for X-COM: UFO Defense: (Information from patch.txt included in universal-patch-ufo.zip)
To install the patch manually for X-COM: Terror From the Deep: (Information from patch.txt included in universal-patch-tftd.zip)

XPiratez includes this patch (in the form of repaired vanilla map files) since 2014 or early 2015...

Offline ontherun

• Colonel
  • Lazy-ass captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8318 on: January 10, 2022, 04:03:38 pm »
In m4 the old mystique background for the tools is back, but i preferred the wooden one....oh nice the one for the buildings
« Last Edit: January 11, 2022, 12:16:52 am by ontherun »

Offline JustTheDude/CABSHEP

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8319 on: January 10, 2022, 10:30:05 pm »
Truly, with peasant path, one can only look into the future and wish for 2x2 vehicle path.

Offline Greep

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8320 on: January 10, 2022, 10:56:26 pm »
Well, peasants aren't too bad with camo paint.  But yeah, they really don't get any other benefit from tech xD   Definitely harkens back to vanilla's "rookies [and dogs] leave the door first" gameplay.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2022, 11:04:22 pm by Greep »

Offline Requiem

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8321 on: January 10, 2022, 11:40:56 pm »
Greep,
Thats debatable, i actually like this path. It gives cool scavenger armor for free and allows to promote them with booze. Harvester is op for the stage when you unlock it(3 floors, lots of places for sniping). Dont know whats about this new tank tho, requierment of only gray codex seems wierd.

ontherun,
looks like update with old saves issue. I can remember that i had something similar when updated between old versions after really long break.
Mine looks like this on 4.1:
« Last Edit: January 10, 2022, 11:51:20 pm by Requiem »

Offline Greep

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8322 on: January 11, 2022, 12:06:07 am »
Oh yeah, I'm going the peasant path too, I'm just saying they really don't "tech up" the way gals do.  Gals can hard counter most mission types with certain armors (scale, refractor, chain, etc) in a way peasants can't.  At least with the theban start you get a decent garrison of leveled soldiers, though.

I think mud/camo is better than scavenger, though.  Like, you're gonna die in one hit anyways, may as well take the extra reactions and
camouflage.

Offline ontherun

• Colonel
  • Lazy-ass captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8323 on: January 11, 2022, 12:19:58 am »
ontherun,
looks like update with old saves issue. I can remember that i had something similar when updated between old versions after really long break.
Mine looks like this on 4.1:

That is not possibile because i did a fresh install (brand new download no update) and started a brand new game. The culprit might be the cities lore patch i activated from the beginning, cannot see other clues  ???

Offline Requiem

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8324 on: January 11, 2022, 12:24:10 am »
Greep,
Its not about survivability, scav armor just gives more TU, Str, Energy and 3x3 backpack. All these stats were a main problem with usual peasants in the begining. Promotion also reshuffles attributes and this can lead to interesting results. Also it gives me vibes of harley queen outfit. Looks really nice. :)

ontherun,
No, i have cities lore too and everything is fine. Cant really remember what was the deal sorry. It was like arround J17 for me. (really long ago)
Try to check if there is old oxce folders in my documents/user/, piratez have saves in the game folder, so this can be issue if they overwrite each other somehow.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2022, 12:56:12 am by Requiem »