Author Topic: STR_URBAN, STR_UBASE, STR_XBASE, STR_MARS and "Original X-Com"  (Read 6038 times)

Offline Ishmaeel

• Captain
    • View Profile
Code: [Select]
  STR_URBAN: "City"
  STR_UBASE: "Alien Base"
  STR_XBASE: "X-COM Base"
  STR_MARS: "Mars"

These are some new strings in the language files and according to Github, there are no references to them in code - only rulesets. Question is: are they ever visible on screen?
I mean, they are not terribly complicated to translate, but still, I would be happier to test my translations in game, if they are at all visible to the player.

And not to spam another new thread, an unrelated reminder: This new string is not translatable right now:
https://github.com/SupSuper/OpenXcom/blob/f94b499d59deeb2774de2e3178d13428e126e0f5/src/Menu/ListLoadState.cpp#L58

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
  • Infiltration subroutine in progress
    • View Profile
Re: STR_URBAN, STR_UBASE, STR_XBASE, STR_MARS and "Original X-Com"
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2015, 05:03:56 pm »
  STR_URBAN: "City"
  STR_UBASE: "Alien Base"
  STR_XBASE: "X-COM Base"
  STR_MARS: "Mars"

These are some new strings in the language files and according to Github, there are no references to them in code - only rulesets. Question is: are they ever visible on screen?
I mean, they are not terribly complicated to translate, but still, I would be happier to test my translations in game, if they are at all visible to the player.

And not to spam another new thread, an unrelated reminder: This new string is not translatable right now:
https://github.com/SupSuper/OpenXcom/blob/f94b499d59deeb2774de2e3178d13428e126e0f5/src/Menu/ListLoadState.cpp#L58

Yes, they are visible on screen, but only in New Battle mode.

Offline Ishmaeel

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2015, 01:31:42 am »
Yes, they are visible on screen, but only in New Battle mode.

Cannot find them in 2015-05-04. Do I need a mod? Are they for TFTD? Are we talking about the terrain combo in the New Battle config screen?

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2015, 02:23:57 am »
Cannot find them in 2015-05-04. Do I need a mod? Are they for TFTD? Are we talking about the terrain combo in the New Battle config screen?

Those strings appear when there is more than one terrain available for selection for each mission. The vanilla Alien & XCom Bases, Terror Mission and Cydonia missions only have 1 terrain assigned, so the box for terrain selection won't appear on New Battle. But if you ran the Terrain Pack, for instance, there are several terrains available for Terror Sites.

The strings for STR_FOREST, STR_DESERT, etc., don't also exist on the original game. They were added since in New Battle it is possible to choose the terrain for each UFO mission.

Offline Ishmaeel

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2015, 01:43:57 pm »
Well, I installed 3.5.2 (awesome mod, BTW) and I'm still not seeing these. URBAN is deleted in the mod and the other three are unused.

I got the idea though. Consider my question resolved. Thank you very much.

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2015, 02:58:25 pm »
Well, I installed 3.5.2 (awesome mod, BTW) and I'm still not seeing these. URBAN is deleted in the mod and the other three are unused.

URBAN is not deleted in the mod:
alienDeployments:
 - type: STR_TERROR_MISSION
    width: 50
    length: 50
    height: 6
    civilians: 16
    terrains:
      - DAWNURBANA
      - DAWNURBANB
      - INDUSTRIALURBAN
      - MADURBAN
      - NATIVEURBAN
      - URBAN
The other 3 are used, but since there's only 1 terrain to choose for those missions on New Battle, its name isn't displayed.

Offline Ishmaeel

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2015, 03:09:38 pm »
Sorry. Got confused by this section. I see what you mean now. Thanks for the extra clarification.

terrains:
  - delete: CULTA
  - delete: DESERT
  - delete: FOREST
  - delete: JUNGLE
  - delete: MOUNT
  - delete: POLAR
  - delete: URBAN