Author Topic: [ARMOR] League of Superheroes  (Read 9761 times)

Offline clownagent

• Colonel
    • View Profile
[ARMOR] League of Superheroes
« on: May 03, 2015, 12:25:35 am »

League of Superheroes

Download:
https://www.openxcom.com/mod/league-of-superheroes

This (not so serious) mod introduces Superhero suits (Superman, Flash, Green Lantern and Batman) and some gear. The suits are researchable and manufacturable. Since you have now Superheroes, normal personnel gets red shirts.

Warning: This mod is not balanced.

- Added Green Lantern Suit
- Bat Bombs added
- small fixes
- Compatible with newest nightly

- Added Flash Suit

- Initial release (Superman + Batman)

Credits:
- Fox105iwsp (Big thanks for inspiration and Batman mod https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,1979.msg18718.html#msg18718)
- 54x (Precoloured Battlescape Sprites)
- Ryskeliini (Weapon sprites and animations)
- XOps (Xenops sprites)
- Dioxine (PirateZ sprites)
- Arthanor (Extra Explosions)
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 12:09:12 am by clownagent »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Re: [ARMOR] League of Superheroes
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2015, 11:01:28 pm »
This is getting funnier by the moment :) I'd have requested my favorite American comic book character, but sadly it's Batman :)

Offline DoxaLogos (JG)

• Colonel
  • Squaddie cautiously peering through the breach
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2015, 11:06:38 pm »
This is so awesome! Now you need to do the avengers!

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2015, 11:11:44 pm »
There's already a batman mod. I think SIMON uses it. He asked me to incorporate the batbomb into ExtraExplosions.

Here it is!

Now you can do Batman vs Superman ;)

Could make an interesting full conversion: Play as the Justice League. Start with 3 heroes (Superman, Super girl and batman), then research unlocks reinforcements (= use of a new suit and capability to build accommodations for 1 more hero).

Offline clownagent

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2015, 11:40:23 pm »
There's already a batman mod. I think SIMON uses it. He asked me to incorporate the batbomb into ExtraExplosions.

Here it is!

Now you can do Batman vs Superman ;)

Could make an interesting full conversion: Play as the Justice League. Start with 3 heroes (Superman, Super girl and batman), then research unlocks reinforcements (= use of a new suit and capability to build accommodations for 1 more hero).

The Batman mod is mostly incorporated in the download above (except for the batbombs). I also fixed the sprites a bit.

For a full conversion we would need real supervillains  ;)
« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 11:59:14 pm by clownagent »

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
  • Infiltration subroutine in progress
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2015, 12:02:50 am »
This is so awesome! Now you need to do the avengers!

Two days ago I watched Captain America: Winter Soldier and afterwards I was wondering how XCom would be great for a S.H.I.E.L.D. total conversion.

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2015, 01:02:42 am »
Very nice update to the batman mod which is rather old now and the batarangs in it make the game crash. But I'll get to the point, is there sumthing wrong with v0.2 uploaded yesterday as I get the following message when I try to download:

Not Found

The requested URL /content/files/1655ddbe/LOS_0.2.zip was not found on this server.
Apache/2.2.15 (CentOS) Server at www.openxcom.com Port 80

Looking forward to the flash suit and being able to out reaction shoot Ethereals which I think have the highest reaction stat amongst the aliens (93 on superhuman).

Offline clownagent

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2015, 08:55:52 am »
Very nice update to the batman mod which is rather old now and the batarangs in it make the game crash. But I'll get to the point, is there sumthing wrong with v0.2 uploaded yesterday as I get the following message when I try to download:

Not Found

The requested URL /content/files/1655ddbe/LOS_0.2.zip was not found on this server.
Apache/2.2.15 (CentOS) Server at www.openxcom.com Port 80

Looking forward to the flash suit and being able to out reaction shoot Ethereals which I think have the highest reaction stat amongst the aliens (93 on superhuman).

I tried the download again. It worked both from the mod-site and from the first post.

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2015, 12:32:42 pm »
The modsite's working again & I've downloaded v0.2 so keep up the good work and looking forward to any future updates.

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2015, 03:10:14 pm »
Forgot to ask in my earlier message, any chance of incorporating the 2 bat bombs from batman mod into ur mod tho even I had to tone down the H/E bomb fr 210 to 150 as it was way op, 90 for the knockout bomb was about right IMHO as it wud take more than 1 to take down Mutons, Ethereals etc. They r very useful vs early to mid game aliens but I found out for late game aliens u need sumthing like the improved flasbangs from "FlashBang grenade mod v.04 (1 Aug 2014) for OpenXcom by IvanDogovich". Ivan has incoporated this stand alone mod into his "Up Close & Personal" modpack but I find the older mod more suited to my needs. If u need the batman mod I can send it to u. Thanks in advance.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2015, 03:18:13 pm »
What about making Batarangs limited-range (20-25), waypoint weapons? :)

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
  • Infiltration subroutine in progress
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2015, 04:58:33 pm »

Offline clownagent

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2015, 12:24:33 am »
Forgot to ask in my earlier message, any chance of incorporating the 2 bat bombs from batman mod into ur mod tho even I had to tone down the H/E bomb fr 210 to 150 as it was way op, 90 for the knockout bomb was about right IMHO as it wud take more than 1 to take down Mutons, Ethereals etc. They r very useful vs early to mid game aliens but I found out for late game aliens u need sumthing like the improved flasbangs from "FlashBang grenade mod v.04 (1 Aug 2014) for OpenXcom by IvanDogovich". Ivan has incoporated this stand alone mod into his "Up Close & Personal" modpack but I find the older mod more suited to my needs. If u need the batman mod I can send it to u. Thanks in advance.

Of course the batbombs are easy to implement, but I thought there are already plenty of smoke/stun grenade mods available which are doing basically the same.

Offline clownagent

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2015, 12:25:54 am »
What about making Batarangs limited-range (20-25), waypoint weapons? :)

Interesting idea. I didn't know that maxRange works together with waypoints.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2015, 12:54:30 am »
No idea if it does. That's why an experiment is needed :) I wanted to make a weapon that works like this - "Executioner's Blade", but never got to it.