Author Topic: Acid Bomb  (Read 6354 times)

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
Acid Bomb
« on: March 10, 2015, 07:16:49 pm »
I think this might have been discussed before but I'm not sure, I've come up with a mod as it says above but once again I've run into problems. 1. Can't get the manufacturing to work properly and 2. the grenade damage seems to be 0 per ufopeadia. Can dmg type 8 not be used for grenades. Inspiration and sprites came from "Acid Weaponry v1.0" so credit goes to the author concerned. Is there anywhere I can find out about designing my own sprites and/or software needed as I wud like to get into modding a bit more without having to "borrow" other people's sprites etc.

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
  • Deep Ruleset Digger & Bughunter
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
Re: Acid Bomb
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2015, 07:44:03 pm »
I think this might have been discussed before but I'm not sure, I've come up with a mod as it says above but once again I've run into problems. 1. Can't get the manufacturing to work properly and 2. the grenade damage seems to be 0 per ufopeadia. Can dmg type 8 not be used for grenades. Inspiration and sprites came from "Acid Weaponry v1.0" so credit goes to the author concerned. Is there anywhere I can find out about designing my own sprites and/or software needed as I wud like to get into modding a bit more without having to "borrow" other people's sprites etc.

It maybe the case that this damage type cannot be used for grenades. Why don't you try damage type 9 or 2?

Also the handob should be put together in a sprite -> https://falkooxc2.pythonanywhere.com/spritecomb.
And look if filename are given case sensitive.

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2015, 08:29:59 pm »
For some reason, explosions can only deal high explosive, smoke, stun and incendiary damage. There can be no AP, Laser, Acid or Plasma explosions.

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2015, 09:50:10 pm »
Thanks for the quick replies but with so many "grenade" mods out already I'll abandon this mod as I don't think there wud be much point or originality in continuing, anyone can feel free to take this on now or @ a future date but another idea has popped into my head and most of the details shud already be available. Has anyone ever done an "Improved Smoke Grenade"?

Offline kikimoristan

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2015, 10:19:58 pm »
acid cannot have area damage

incendiary, stun , HE are explosive

Offline kikimoristan

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2015, 10:22:33 pm »
they can be used for grenades but you need to set blastRadius: 0  ..

i am doing a chemical weapons thing right now i know.

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2015, 10:28:35 pm »
blastRadius:0 ..?

That sounds like the very opposite of explosives.. If you meant you can use acid as a damage type with "blastRadius:0", I doubt it. You can do that with ammunition (like your chemical thrower) but I would be surprised if you could with actual grenades.

@SIMON: There might be Improved Smoke Grenades, I'm not sure. There are a variety of mods that add new ways of getting smoke (grenade launchers and the chemical thrower both do have ammunition that creates smoke, for example)

Offline kikimoristan

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2015, 10:33:44 pm »
blastRadius:0 ..?

That sounds like the very opposite of explosives.. If you meant you can use acid as a damage type with "blastRadius:0", I doubt it. You can do that with ammunition (like your chemical thrower) but I would be surprised if you could with actual grenades.

@SIMON: There might be Improved Smoke Grenades, I'm not sure. There are a variety of mods that add new ways of getting smoke (grenade launchers and the chemical thrower both do have ammunition that creates smoke, for example)

but that won't crash the game i think. not sure. yeah i know right. a bomb that doesn't explode :)

im improving chemical thrower to make a chem-trooper soon . working out the details right now. i looked into acid bomb but i was DISSAPOINT   :'(

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2015, 01:33:18 am »

but that won't crash the game i think. not sure. yeah i know right. a bomb that doesn't explode :)

im improving chemical thrower to make a chem-trooper soon . working out the details right now. i looked into acid bomb but i was DISSAPOINT   :'(
It why I created Extended version, maybe create this mod based on it?

Offline kikimoristan

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2015, 01:47:04 am »
Yankes,     

Code: [Select]
FixRadius: 60 #aka `BlastRadius 
that one makes everything get blast radius?

Offline kikimoristan

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2015, 02:14:54 am »
SIMON i think you can use extended version to make an acid bomb. i think you can fixRadius:  and give anything a radius. not sure. yankes needs to confirm.

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2015, 05:58:05 pm »
Yankes,     

Code: [Select]
FixRadius: 60 #aka `BlastRadius 
that one makes everything get blast radius?
Yes.
Sorry for late response (I miss this post).

Btw if you change radius you should update blast graphic value too.

Offline kikimoristan

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2015, 10:45:32 pm »
of course . it has to be an explosive graphic not a hit one. so there you go SIMON, use openxcom extended you can make acid bomb.

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2015, 11:27:21 pm »
Ta I'll keep this in mind for my next playthrough.