Author Topic: Base defense. All aliens (sectoids) seem to be killed, but that doesn't end.  (Read 10729 times)

Offline phi1

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
My guys have searched virtually every corner of the base with no result. Nothing happens, nobody attacks my guys and that just doesn't end. Please help me with some reasonable suggestions.

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
much like other problems, the easiest is for you to post a save for us to look at.

Barring that, enable debug mode, reveal the map and take a look. There might be a sectoid in a closet.

Offline phi1

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Thank you very much for such a quick answer.
I've turned on debug mode, but there was nothing new at the map, unfortunately.
So I've uploaded the saved game.

Offline Warboy1982

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • Developer
    • View Profile
this is a saved game for the original xcom, not openxcom.

Offline phi1

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Sorry, this time this is an openXcom save, I hope.

Offline kkmic

• Commander
  • Undefined
    • View Profile
Have you started the campaign using the original X-Com and imported a savedgame? Or this is a 100% OXC campaign?

Offline Warboy1982

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • Developer
    • View Profile
there are aliens upstairs in your laboratory and your workshop, both alive and unharmed, but also unarmed, possibly due to having panicked

Offline volutar

• Colonel
  • Vanilla digger & Quality assistant
    • View Profile
that's why aliens should be able to pickup weapon, ALWAYS, and not that limited way as vanilla allowed. hiding in toilets still gonna be issue unless we implement suicidal(weaponless rush) or pushing(picking weapon no tter what) logic types of ai.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 11:52:56 am by volutar »

Offline volutar

• Colonel
    • View Profile
just a thought ... perhaps this oxc save is just converted from vanilla?? while gameolay was happening in vanilla versions.. lol

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
that's why aliens should be able to pickup weapon, ALWAYS, and not that limited way as vanilla allowed. hiding in toilets still gonna be issue unless we implement suicidal(weaponless rush) or pushing(picking weapon no tter what) logic types of ai.

I agree, but AFAIK the mechanics was ditched to prevent the tactics of baiting aliens with valuable items on primed grenades/proximity mines.

Of course it would be possible to have it both ways, by not allowing armed aliens to collect stuff.

Offline volutar

• Colonel
    • View Profile
aliens can't be baited by the definition, if there will be single if "don't have attacking weapon".
weaponless aliens either was MCed, or panicked.. further baiting them doesn't make their pathetic state even more pathetic it simply gonna let them out from toilets and make some actions instead.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
aliens can't be baited by the definition, if there will be single if "don't have attacking weapon".
weaponless aliens either was MCed, or panicked.. further baiting them doesn't make their pathetic state even more pathetic it simply gonna let them out from toilets and make some actions instead.

+1

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile

Offline kkmic

• Commander
  • Undefined
    • View Profile
I remember something about aliens picking up only the weapons that they were equipped with on mission start, not any weapon from the battlefield.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
I remember something about aliens picking up only the weapons that they were equipped with on mission start, not any weapon from the battlefield.

Which is something I don't really understand. Why?
I mean, it's possible it was to prevent them from picking up a Heavy Cannon with HE ammo... But why on Earth would someone prevent something this cool? :)