Author Topic: i created a new alien --- WIP - called ant man  (Read 29204 times)

Offline NeXaXeN

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: i created a new alien --- WIP - called ant man
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2015, 12:48:00 am »
Looks awesome so far!

Offline Gifty

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2015, 01:00:44 am »
Cat Man sounds a bit cheesy, but it's promising nonetheless.

Yeah, needs something tougher. Like...

...THE PUMAMAN!

Offline kikimoristan

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2015, 01:15:17 am »
how abut stlaker and make it aggresion 1 or 0 (balanced or passive) and give it a melee attack so he will just wait for you and ambush you  instead of looking out for you and an intelligence of 8 make him very smart

Offline DoxaLogos (JG)

• Colonel
  • Squaddie cautiously peering through the breach
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2015, 05:47:57 am »
thanks guys.

it still has issues in sprite mostly arm stuff but im slowly fixing it.  but question is! what is the terror unit ? i wanna add 2 simple terror units

I feel like your thread has been hijacked:) 

Your question is tricky, but if I was thinking along the lines of the "ant" theme, I'm reminded of those bugs ants use as "cows" to milk.  Maybe those caterpillars (I think aphids too) could be more omnious of course.  Some kind of symbiotic relationship between the terror units and the ant critters.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 05:49:47 am by jgatkinsn »

Offline DoxaLogos (JG)

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2015, 05:48:58 am »
Cat Man sounds a bit cheesy, but it's promising nonetheless.

Attaching an alternative, orange metal Muton sprite, might be useful in this department.

Cool graphic.  Might be useful.

Offline kikimoristan

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2015, 05:52:34 am »
I feel like your thread has been hijacked:) 

Your question is tricky, but if I was thinking along the lines of the "ant" theme, I'm reminded of those bugs ants use as "cows" to milk.  Maybe those caterpillars (I think aphids too) could be more omnious of course.  Some kind of symbiotic relationship between the terror units and the ant critters.

nah is cool.

i just created a possible terror unit just implementing the ruelset now. i just finished the graphic

Offline kikimoristan

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2015, 06:57:27 am »
progress on antman

they will have 2 terror units eventually

ant man - (real name klackon?)
high fontal resistance to damage
high resistance to most damage types but weak against melee and stun. otherwise only 45 hp so 1 stun rod can bust them down.
they all got psi attack power 20 and intelligence  is 4+
they use drones to scout out the enemy and just psi weaken them THEN attack..you will see drones a lot not just in terror missions ..in terror mission there will be another terror unit that i haven't designed yet
they are even more insanely resistant than lobsterman but mostly frontal...they take only 10% damage from AP 20% from incendiary, he , 30% from laser , 40% from plasma, 70% from acid 200% from melee and 140% from stun

Probe - terrorist unit
low hp
really high accuracy
a built in low damage laser
high tu

i'm wanna give it a built in medkit .  Can aliens use medikit weapons?? i guess i will find out.

Offline Duke_Falcon

• Colonel
  • *Visit my DA site - click on the small globe!*
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2015, 11:42:09 am »
Nice little critters!
But may I suggest Hunter-seeker instead of Probe? That name fit better for a quick, sniping droid. Probe suggest an unarmed exploring device.
Also really interested by the Antman autopsy. Nice creature, just a bit bulky. The pedia picture suggest a slender thing instead of a bulky, big head. I assume you shall explain it with a caste-based hive society where the worker showed on the picture but the player encounter with the warrior caste.
And they really deserve a new craft with alien garden interrior... Hiveship mayhaps?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2015, 11:44:24 am »
Kudos on the progress, but I feel that the previous colours (reddish and orange) looked much nicer, more vivid. This one looks uniformly brown.

Is it just me, or the background, or did you change the palette?

And they really deserve a new craft with alien garden interrior... Hiveship mayhaps?

An interesting idea, though they'd need their own special missions for this. Maybe instead make a special alien base mission, just for them?

Offline kikimoristan

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2015, 12:11:29 pm »
still balancing him out.

they are very strong but not as strong as lobsterman. i keep going back and forth on the details.

but right now they are abit weaker than lobsterman ...disregard the armors above

new stats
      - 1.0 nothing
      - 0.2 ap
      - 0.3 incendiary
      - 0.4 he
      - 0.4 laser
      - 0.5 plasma
      - 1.1 stun
      - 2.0 melee
      - 0.7 acid
      - 0.0 smoke

Antmen have agggression 1 (balanced) while probes have aggression 2. All antmen have psi attack but is really weak soldier has psi 10. Probes are also really high TU and weak ish . So the idea is probes find you and Antmen will just stay behind and psi attack you. They don't really engage much in open combat unless they have to. 

Here is my idea. Antmen don't have a leader , commander or specific roles. They are all soldier rank. The only difference is you get Psi-focus and or battle focused. Generic is tough and weak psi. Leader/commander is soldier with tougher psi but weaker armor. Support roles like engineer or medic are filled up by terror units.

- STR_ANTMAN_SOLDIER
      - STR_ANTMAN_SOLDIER
      - STR_ANTMAN_SOLDIER
      - STR_ANTMAN_SOLDIER
      - STR_PROBE_TERRORIST  <engineer is in fact drone?
      - STR_ANTMAN_SOLDIER
      - STR_????_TERRORIST <1 other terror unit
      - STR_????_TERRORIST

Antmen just employ drones and other terror units  to fill their ranks. They are unable to be better than each they as they are all equal. They simply focus on psi or on combat. That's it.  Psi focused antman is commander/leader but is essentially weaker /higher psi antman soldier. 

Kudos on the progress, but I feel that the previous colours (reddish and orange) looked much nicer, more vivid. This one looks uniformly brown.

they gonna look orange ish. this is just a test.  and i do wanna make their ufopaedia more beefed up and frontal Gallop style

An interesting idea, though they'd need their own special missions for this. Maybe instead make a special alien base mission, just for them?

yeah that would be cool. for now i am still trying to make the sprites work decently. is good enough but i want perfect

Nice little critters!
But may I suggest Hunter-seeker instead of Probe? That name fit better for a quick, sniping droid. Probe suggest an unarmed exploring device.
Also really interested by the Antman autopsy. Nice creature, just a bit bulky. The pedia picture suggest a slender thing instead of a bulky, big head. I assume you shall explain it with a caste-based hive society where the worker showed on the picture but the player encounter with the warrior caste.

hive mind for sure. would be really cool to have a hive/insect type ship/base. maybe a base.

Hunter-Seeker sounds fine! I like it. Probe does have a melee stun attack but mostly uses ranged. Ufopedia is gonna change i want them more beefed up frontal.  Also probe is pretty generic quick pick name for lack of a better one.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 12:20:47 pm by tollworkout »

Offline kikimoristan

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2015, 01:21:37 pm »
the ufopedia image hopefully is gonna change  but for now ill use it place holder

also new drone look ...some red at the bottom makes it more menacing also drone is animated and and eye spins around

also changed name of drone to Hunter-Seeker makes more sense actually

« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 01:26:41 pm by tollworkout »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2015, 04:19:39 pm »
Awesome drone.

Looks like an Imperial droid recreated by insects. Which seems right, of course. :)

Offline volutar

• Colonel
  • Vanilla digger & Quality assistant
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2015, 06:43:08 pm »
Ufopaedia image cries for hand work after awful scaling.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2015, 08:00:13 pm »
Ufopaedia image cries for hand work after awful scaling.

I believe the author repeated to death that "this is only temporary". :P

Offline DoxaLogos (JG)

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2015, 08:42:05 pm »
Nice work on the drone.  I like it.