Author Topic: custom missions ideas? - post yours here  (Read 15346 times)

Offline kikimoristan

• Commander
    • View Profile
custom missions ideas? - post yours here
« on: March 03, 2015, 12:05:06 pm »
Ok I wanna make a custom mission/terror mission . I was working on ship attack and have a few ideas. What is something you always wanted?

from TFTD :
Port attack
Island Attack
Ship Attack

but maybe we can do unique ones that are not in either games

Any thoughts for alternative monthly big ass missions?
« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 10:31:41 pm by tollworkout »

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
  • Deep Ruleset Digger & Bughunter
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
Re: custom missions ideas
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2015, 01:32:40 pm »
How about aliens attack military installations openly?

Have a mixed group of Mutons, Snakeman, Chryssalids raid some Military bases somewhere.
Xcom needs to defend the base or assist the troops there.

Offline kikimoristan

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2015, 02:08:35 pm »
ok ok that's cool!

there is a set of unused military like installation terrain and maps on snow but i think hobbes has converted them into non snow.

so the civilians would be armed with weapons maybe even civilian HWP?

Offline 7Saturn

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2015, 02:11:10 pm »
Or some sort of rescue-operation: You have to evacuate civilians from an attacked place. First you have to find them, then move a soldier one field next to them. Then you can control them, just like any solider. You may even give them a pistol or something, when you reach them. Don't know, if the engine makes that possible, but from the mechanics, it would be a little like psi-control, just permanently. (Maybe you don't need to finde them totally by yourself, but have their current location pointed on the map?)

Offline kikimoristan

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2015, 02:21:04 pm »
hmmm like a siege everyone is gathered up in the same place.
or maybe they are all alien captives and you need to rescue them? 

Offline 7Saturn

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2015, 02:46:44 pm »
Yeah, an Alien abduction! That would be great. Prevent them from takeing abductees.

Offline kikimoristan

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2015, 03:10:52 pm »
Yeah, an Alien abduction! That would be great. Prevent them from takeing abductees.

map message

ABDUCTION IN PROGRESS
FARM SITE

briefing

ABDUCTION PREVENTION
FARM SITE
CRAFT > xxx

Prevent aliens from abducting humans. Save any civilian you can and eliminate all aliens.

Respond quickly and prevent aliens from abducting humans.

should probably use the farm terrain but with civilians
and have all aliens armed with stun weapons

Offline 7Saturn

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2015, 03:17:19 pm »
Yep, nice outline. =)

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
  • Infiltration subroutine in progress
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2015, 03:30:08 pm »
Ok I wanna make a custom mission/terror mission . I was working on ship attack and have a few ideas. What is something you always wanted?

from TFTD :
Port attack
Island Attack

Port terrain is already available on the Terrain Pack as a Terror Site terrain and with the latest nightly I'll update the pack so that it only appears on terror sites on coastal cities. Island will be also added later once I convert the terrain files and the maps.

there is a set of unused military like installation terrain and maps on snow but i think hobbes has converted them into non snow.

The Area51 terrain doesn't have snow, you probably just got a mission on the Arctic. I'm currently working on the final version of this terrain and all I'll say is wait for it since it will contain a ton of new stuff (MCD files, maps) that people can use or adapt.

so the civilians would be armed with weapons maybe even civilian HWP?

Civilians can't be armed at this point.

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
  • Deep Ruleset Digger & Bughunter
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2015, 04:06:57 pm »
Port terrain is already available on the Terrain Pack as a Terror Site terrain and with the latest nightly I'll update the pack so that it only appears on terror sites on coastal cities. Island will be also added later once I convert the terrain files and the maps.

This sounds awesome! Can't wait for it (i am sitting on burning coal pieces)

The Area51 terrain doesn't have snow, you probably just got a mission on the Arctic. I'm currently working on the final version of this terrain and all I'll say is wait for it since it will contain a ton of new stuff (MCD files, maps) that people can use or adapt.

I am so far not been able to get into this graphic editing stuff any advice here?

Civilians can't be armed at this point.

So can we add a special race which is only called into those missions? Armed Military man with standard weapons (only rifles grenades maybe rocket launchers) and maybe in Armored Vests.

Offline XOps

• Colonel
  • Guy who drowns first
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2015, 05:45:47 pm »
So can we add a special race which is only called into those missions? Armed Military man with standard weapons (only rifles grenades maybe rocket launchers) and maybe in Armored Vests.

You could (basically the MIB mod), but they would be hostile to XCom and the game would count them as aliens. I have already trying giving civilians weapons using built in weapons, but the game automatically removes any weapons given to a civilian unit type. I don't think they have the AI to shoot regardless.

Offline NoelBuddy

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2015, 05:50:21 pm »
Is there a way to add a variable chance to the "nextStage:" command? I don't see a way ATM but in the case of a rout at a terror site it would be neat to have a nextStage: where you try to catch the deployment craft before it gets away.

Clear the Terror Site in under 5 turns 100% chance, diminishing at 10% per turn after, for "We have located a landed alien deployment craft in the area. Kill or incapacitate all aliens in the area to secure the craft"

Offline Dooh

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2015, 06:44:12 pm »
As it comes to offshore locations - maybe oil platform full of explosive barrels :-)?

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
  • Infiltration subroutine in progress
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2015, 06:44:51 pm »
I am so far not been able to get into this graphic editing stuff any advice here?

Get dirty and start experimenting with the vanilla terrains. You can find useful info about terrain and unit design here: https://openxcommods.weebly.com/how-to.html

You can add a special race that is composed of both Alien and human units but they will act as allies to one another. It is impossible to add a 3rd faction that is hostile to the aliens and will engage them with weapons.

Offline kikimoristan

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2015, 09:17:23 pm »
I like abduction in progress one. Any more ideas?

I thought of Jail Attacks where aliens are attacking a jail house and you have to deal with aliens and escaped convicts. Some convicts are a new race and will be hostile while others will be civilians. They will look the same. Is gonna be hard to tell which convict is peaceful and which one is aggressive. You will have to be careful . Also there are guards and guard dogs you must save. You may accidentally kill convicts that are peaceful but ignore the ones that aren't. This is kinda a test of morals.

ALIENS ATTACK
JAIL HOUSE

ALIEN TERROR
JAIL HOUSE
CRAFT > xx

Aliens have attacked a Jail House and broken free all Convicts. Some Escaped Convicts have turned hostile. You must be careful to eliminate only hostile convicts. Eliminate all Alien forces. Save any peaceful Convicts and Guards.

I wanted to use that unused map but not snow but rather grass or mountain.