Author Topic: STUN/RECOVER  (Read 10113 times)

Offline jackstraw2323

• Colonel
    • View Profile
STUN/RECOVER
« on: February 03, 2015, 04:43:12 pm »
Working through some issues with my research tree mod, and I've just stunned an alien, but it's not listed on the end mission report. Is there a bug in the system or something else I'm not considering? I ran a battle with vanilla rules and used stun bombs, and there was no mention of captured sectoid. Should I be seeing the capture on that screen? I can't remember. But the alien is clearly stunned as no death sound is triggered, but standing over the body it's labeled corpse.

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
Re: STUN/RECOVER
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2015, 06:00:22 pm »
If its labeled corpse, it is dead.  I don't know how it expired (possible explosive damage after the stun?) , but it won't be live back at base.

Offline Align

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2015, 06:42:09 pm »
Is the "Aliens can take fatal wounds" option on? Only way I can imagine a stunned alien turning into a corpse while on the ground.

Offline jackstraw2323

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2015, 06:47:29 pm »
I'll double check it but I tested by deploying only stun weapons. Unless you can stun to death?

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2015, 06:52:20 pm »
Is it a custom alien?  maybe it doesn't have ranks defined properly?  :o

Stun shouldn't kill, but the corpse is indicating that the game thinks its dead, not stunned.

Offline jackstraw2323

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2015, 09:20:35 pm »
Problem first noticed with custom aliens, but I tested this AM using plain sectoid and only small launchers, with similar outcome. Unit doesn't trigger death sound, but no live alien recovered. Corpse on inventory screen. I have recovered aliens when they have used stun bombs themselves and gotten caught in the blast. Going to test later with all mod rules disabled.

Offline jackstraw2323

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2015, 04:36:42 am »
weird definitely having issues with stun damage killing targets, but not triggering special ability 2. End result game wise works for me now, but definitely seems like a bug.

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2015, 06:00:36 am »
Is this on a recent nightly build?

Offline jackstraw2323

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2015, 06:15:03 am »
Yes. Not sure of the exact number atm, but it has the xcom1 rule set broken into parts. I'll post the number when I'm back at my computer.

Offline Align

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2015, 01:11:59 pm »
Wait, special ability 2? Is that the one Cyberdiscs use? I remember they don't explode when stunned, but they're considered killed, so maybe it's something with that?

Offline jackstraw2323

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2015, 01:24:07 pm »
Except I'm getting the same thing I vanilla with sectoids.

Offline jackstraw2323

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2015, 05:20:11 am »
Okay, with the latest nightly I'm not seeing enemies converted to corpses, but now I'm completely unable to stun a unit that shares special abilities with the zombie. I.E. spawned unit is unable to be stunned, even though it should be vulnerable at 1.2x damage based on my rule file. Anyone know if this behavior is something that's baked into source or do I just have a funky rule error that I haven't found yet?

Offline Warboy1982

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2015, 08:12:09 am »
post the ruleset.

Offline jackstraw2323

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2015, 04:33:44 pm »
Well I tried to take a screenshot but apparently f12 on my macbook pro doesn't play nice with the system, or else I don't know where it stores the screenshots (not on clipboard). But after blasting the unit in question (Living weapon, terror unit, fixed weapons, spawned from previous unit using the spawnUnit: attribute) I mindprobed the unit and the stun bar exceeded the health bar, but the unit was still standing, so I assume this is indeed the case. Rulefile attached. 

Offline Warboy1982

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2015, 08:04:28 am »
it was a minor issue with zombie respawns, fixed now.