Author Topic: Nightly Builds Discussion for Modders/LPers/Players/etc.  (Read 111794 times)

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
Re: Nightly Builds Discussion for Modders/LPers/Players/etc.
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2015, 09:45:36 pm »
But having the OpenXCom Extended "mod/build", the Extended Vision "mod/build", the Commendations "mod/build", the High Resolution "mod/build" and the Modders' Edition "mod/build" means we're just fracturing the community even more and we all know that people will still most likely use the latest milestone (good ol' 1.0 unless modders can make it change) or the nightly. Plus you have to update your build all the time (and I don't know who would be willing/able to do that either).

Offline Warboy1982

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2015, 12:24:23 am »
guess it's worth making another public service announcement:

as of build 2015_02_12_0912 all dogfight timing values have been doubled, to bring everything in-line with vanilla.

affected values:
ufo breakoff times
ufo reload times
all craft weapon reload times

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
  • Infiltration subroutine in progress
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2015, 06:09:42 pm »
I've updated yesterday to openxcom_git_master_2015_02_12_2025. One thing I've noticed is that terrains/texture assignment doesn't seem to be working as before (I've posted a bug report).

And something unrelated but that can be of interest to modders. I've joined together the entire XCom1Ruleset into a single .rul file. It can't be used to run the game but to me it's easier to consult from a single file when modding than having to open several smaller ones. The ruleset is attached below.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2015, 06:13:22 pm by Hobbes »

Offline kikimoristan

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2015, 05:34:02 am »
Tested for some months of campaign on "01_23_1405", now unavailable.
Now I've been using "02_02_2100", seems fine for now but I've just begun with it.

Only strange thing I noticed is that explosive and melee damage seem to be on the high side of the dice. I wondered if melee damage bypassed the armor (which isn't the case) after a chryssalid insta-killed one of my tanks.
But since I'm using my mod which messes with everything, it might very well be some wonky values I entered here and there, that need to be fixed.

You might have gotten a 200% crit. I think they are capable one shoting anything almost anything as they can deal a max of 180 damage before armo with default rulesets . I think tanks take reduced melee damage but not that much. I think 80%  that's still enough damage to kill a tank. Tanks have what 90 health. Being able to attack max 10 times if you're unlucky it can probably kill 4 tanks  in one turn. 

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2015, 07:20:21 pm »
Today was introduced "breaking" change to nightly build.
Up to this point every solder armor was always recolored (face & hair) by game, now its require rule change to enable this.
If you want maintain current behavior you should add this lines to any armor used by solders and showing skin:

Code: [Select]
  spriteFaceGroup: 6
  spriteFaceColor: [96, 96, 96, 96, 160, 160, 163, 163] #M0 F0 M1 F1 M2 F2 M3 F3
  spriteHairGroup: 9
  spriteHairColor: [144, 144, 164, 164, 245, 245, 166, 166] #M0 F0 M1 F1 M2 F2 M3 F3
Where group is index range of color form palette, e.g. 6 give range form 96 to 111, all pixel with that colors will be replace by new values.
Game extract shade part of that pixel and add value form color array based on race & gender, result value is displayed in place of original pixel.

One new feature is that code is enabled for aliens and civilians too, but position in table is choose at random when unit is created.
I hope it will be useful.

Offline kikimoristan

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2015, 02:20:40 am »
NICE is this the new nightly??

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2015, 07:05:03 pm »
Yes

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2015, 11:46:38 pm »
Today was introduced "breaking" change to nightly build.
Up to this point every solder armor was always recolored (face & hair) by game, now its require rule change to enable this.
If you want maintain current behavior you should add this lines to any armor used by solders and showing skin:

Code: [Select]
  spriteFaceGroup: 6
  spriteFaceColor: [96, 96, 96, 96, 160, 160, 163, 163] #M0 F0 M1 F1 M2 F2 M3 F3
  spriteHairGroup: 9
  spriteHairColor: [144, 144, 164, 164, 245, 245, 166, 166] #M0 F0 M1 F1 M2 F2 M3 F3
Where group is index range of color form palette, e.g. 6 give range form 96 to 111, all pixel with that colors will be replace by new values.
Game extract shade part of that pixel and add value form color array based on race & gender, result value is displayed in place of original pixel.

One new feature is that code is enabled for aliens and civilians too, but position in table is choose at random when unit is created.
I hope it will be useful.

I'm going to use this for the Mercenary units. I don't suppose it would be possible to have additional heads with sunglasses or beards/mustaches? Some mods already use those a bit.

Offline kikimoristan

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2015, 12:31:19 am »
the ability to get heads in rul using extraSprites for bigobs/battleobs  would be great  combined with this you can make as many guys look as you want and you won't need 4 different inventory types but only 2 body types that match with the sprited heads

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2015, 01:54:44 am »
I'm going to use this for the Mercenary units. I don't suppose it would be possible to have additional heads with sunglasses or beards/mustaches? Some mods already use those a bit.
You can hack it, select some unusual color and depend on what you want set it to skin color or to different color representing beard or sunglasses.
Right now you can only replace 2 colors, I could easy expand it to 4 colors but this would require permission from Warboy.

the ability to get heads in rul using extraSprites for bigobs/battleobs  would be great  combined with this you can make as many guys look as you want and you won't need 4 different inventory types but only 2 body types that match with the sprited heads
This is very easy to do, right now all part offsets are hardcoded but it can be easy move to rule set. In theory you could have 8 different heads.

Offline kikimoristan

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2015, 02:24:41 am »
8 heads per gender or in total? that's pretty cool. thanks yankes. i love these lil hacks. the day when i can customize the look of my soldier from soldier menu in base is coming closer and closer.  now can easily be done from save game but would be nice to have it in game.

Offline kikimoristan

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2015, 03:08:58 am »
Yankes. Would it be possible to link this with StatStrings? Like making scouts blue, making firing accuracy guys red etc etc. Have col group based on stat strings or something like that.  ?

Offline volutar

• Colonel
  • Vanilla digger & Quality assistant
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2015, 06:14:12 am »
Unfortunately these custom recolored sprites won't work for tftd, since their units are painted with yellow, and blond hair colors are mixed with ion armor's. Face coloring tho can work. 

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2015, 03:23:38 pm »
ups... after close analyzing it I find that indeed there is some rogue pixels that don't obey color group of rest pixels.
Thank the God that is fixable. I could fix personal armor that have same hair and face color group then this will be easer to fix.

Thax to you volutar for pointing it out.

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2015, 07:57:02 am »
Yankes, I've been trying this and any possibility of this to work with enemy units? This would be a nice feature to have for hostile human factions, instead of having cloned soldiers for each rank.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 08:04:38 am by Hobbes »