Author Topic: [WEAPON/ARMOR] SPACE MARINES  (Read 93604 times)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Re: [WEAPON/ARMOR] SPACE MARINES
« Reply #105 on: March 24, 2016, 10:13:57 am »
Posting rulesets with some fixes - not sure if it was as author intended though.
- added manufacture for laser & melta clips
- sniper bullets 1->3 wt
- autocannon->heavy bolter lang fix, aimed shot disabled, incr. auto range to 13
- added names for some of the enemies that had the same names as different enemies
- deamon -> daemon lang fix
- added new tech table so the enemies of mankind use other weapons than heavy plasma in late game.

This mod has been tested under new OXCE 2.9+ and works just fine. No real errors. It does absolutely need OXCE to work as intended though, vanilla OXC won't cut it.

« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 10:18:22 am by Dioxine »

Offline new_civilian

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 25, 2016, 05:17:46 pm »
I.... I have no words, save for a huge understatement. I can feel the effort put into this mod, your blood, sweat and tears, and I can say that this mod is F*****G AWESOME! Good job mate! Hell, the biggest problem I can find isn't even a bug or glitch or anything, it's the grammatical errors. If you need someone to proof-read your stuff, man, just say the word.

What NebulaM78 said^  :)

Damn, is there an abundance of huge megamods for OpenXcom available or what?!  :D So many mods, so little time.....

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #107 on: March 25, 2016, 07:41:17 pm »
One more fix - mcdpatches. A quick and dirty patch for unwinnable Terrors where units spawned inside inaccessible (and pretty much indestructible) bunkers. A better fix would be rebuilding said bunkers so they won't spawn with the only exit blocked by map's edge.

Offline NebulaM78

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 26, 2016, 06:39:49 am »
Spelling errors aside, I find it strange that las weapons do more damage than bolt weapons. Also, why do only devastator and terminator armors increase strength? All power armor is supposed to do that. I have a lot of suggestions actually, so here's a list. Don't get me wrong, I'm not bashing you or your mod, or even trying to one-up you. These are suggestions, and nothing more. If anybody has anything to add or modify, feel free to bring it up for discussion.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #109 on: March 26, 2016, 06:53:32 pm »
so, I've already "borrowed" your maps for my X-Com Files project :)

Credits will be given.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #110 on: March 26, 2016, 09:44:23 pm »
Hmm we can perhaps reverse the order. Make lasguns (and autoguns!) available from get go, with reduced stats (38 is a good watermark so they're not TOO puny), while Bolters are your first research. They can do 1-tile HE blast with 60-70-ish Power, just like the Sniper but weaker. This will even damage Power Armor albeit slowly, making the Bolter an useful weapon throughout the game (but it should probably cost some Adamantium). The Heavy Bolter would have to be buffed, naturally.

I like how heavy weapons are heavy, you can absolutely have a Scout wielding a HB or a Launcher... only it takes a very experienced Scout to do so. Having said that, the Launcher is far too weak to warrant such weight. Maybe upping the damage to 150 should do the trick. Krak and melta can be made to use Fire damage & ignore armor... but I don't want to change too much and ruin the already very good balance.

Offline NebulaM78

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 27, 2016, 07:13:34 am »
Good ideas, Dioxine. However, just the fact that Space Marines use lasguns in the first place is quite odd. I guess one workaround we could use is different ammo types for the bolter? Start with standard bolts for the traitorous mortals then move on to vengeance bolts for the Chaos Marines. Maybe psycannons and Grey Knights as well for extra daemon-killing, or when many more daemon types are made. Lasguns and autoguns should IMO be reserved for cultists and traitor guardsmen. Melta's range has to be reduced somehow. Small range, but any man-sized that gets hit will be vaporised. The late-game grenade can be melta bombs, which achieve the same thing but with a, say, 3-tile blast? It can also be used for breaching I guess.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #112 on: March 27, 2016, 10:26:55 am »
However, just the fact that Space Marines use lasguns in the first place is quite odd. I guess one workaround we could use is different ammo types for the bolter?

First off, they're just Scouts in the beginning. Second, they're trained in fighting with any weapon. IMO adding "shitty shells" to the Holy Bolter is much more degrading than having Scouts to fight with a lasgun for a few weeks. The special shells you're talking about are extremely rare. Also, if you don't like lasguns, there should be a Space Marine Shotgun available from the get-go as the first 'real' weapon.

Offline NebulaM78

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 27, 2016, 10:58:56 am »
That's great too, I guess. I mean, there's only so much canon you can include in a game before balance issues start to kick in. We can just pretend that the early weeks of the war had extremely crappy logistics and this particular group of marines haven't received their supplies from the chapter and thus have to make do with Guard weapons. A late-game sniper upgrade could be a Vindicare assassin, or for simplicity's sake an Exitus rifle 'acquired' from the battlefield.

Offline Roxis231

• Colonel
  • Catching the feral kitten hiding in my rubish bin
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 27, 2016, 11:22:04 am »
Brothers i share with you the complete file of the mod 95% done (most of the text in ufopedia is not done yet.). Still theres a part where i can´t advance no more due i need to know extender and extra coding
the file https://www.filedropper.com/40k

Is it possable to have a copy of this file hosted on a free file storage service.

To get your 'free sign up' registration with Filedropper you need to purchace a years subscription just to download one file.

I've had problems with being overcharged and fake charges being added to my account through this sort of thing before, and I am therefore more than a little cautious of these sort of subscriptions.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 11:27:41 am by Roxis231 »

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 27, 2016, 06:15:02 pm »
First of all big thanks Dioxine, i can´t thank you enough , i own you one and will credit you !!

Second trying to reply to some suggestions 
> made one hand all melee weapons , (replace shield side in terminator armor ) ,and put it all in ufopedia with some research for hammer and powesword .

> About the strength in armors , it all  about making only devastator and terminator use heavy weapons,
> Also cultist have more aim because you choose superhuman in dificulty , if you choose Ez is the opposite.. so we can control the aim of the guns but it will only balance to one difficult set
>I will make the guard shoulder pads smaller like the currepted guardsman.. true it makes more sense

Made the batllesprite for the zombie aka fallen brother and the big sprites for obliterators that were missing. corrected the image for the cultist
and merge with dioxide touch,  also the hammer was broken, now fixed , and lot of minor changes i cant remenber.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3EJsib7nOiIa3lzbnVTOXhwTEE/view?usp=sharing
Also Change to google drive for you Roxis231

Offline Roxis231

• Colonel
  • Catching the feral kitten hiding in my rubish bin
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 27, 2016, 08:37:35 pm »
Much appreciated. Please keep up the great work.

Edit: 16.36 Mb - Wow, Big mod.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 08:41:36 pm by Roxis231 »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #117 on: March 27, 2016, 08:55:12 pm »
It's actually quite small, considering it contains so many custom sounds and a full music score :)

I could help with other stuff as well, but I don't want to interfere with the vision, since the mod plays real well. I'd suggest replacing requirement on power armor though, as I didn't get to research it despite playing for 8 months and doing like, over 100 missions. Logic dictates that it should be unlocked after interrogating AT LEAST the lowest traitor guardsman, but also any Chaos Marine. Because I happened to interrogate like 20 enemies, just not THIS particular one...

So I added this:
Code: [Select]
research:
  - name: STR_THREAT_ONE
    cost: 0
    dependencies:
      - STR_SNAKEMAN
      - STR_MUTON
      - STR_ETHEREAL
      - STR_FLOATER
  - name: STR_SNAKEMAN
    needItem: true
    unlocks:
      - STR_THREAT_ONE
  - name: STR_ETHEREAL
    unlocks:
      - STR_THREAT_ONE
  - name: STR_MUTON
    unlocks:
      - STR_THREAT_ONE
  - name: STR_FLOATER
    unlocks:
      - STR_THREAT_ONE

And modified:
Code: [Select]
  - name: STR_PERSONAL_ARMOR
    cost: 180
    dependencies:
      - STR_ALIEN_ALLOYS
      - STR_THREAT_ONE  
« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 09:00:09 pm by Dioxine »

Offline MKSheppard

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 28, 2016, 03:38:19 am »
If any of you need space to host this, I can offer it to you on my website.

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 28, 2016, 09:18:20 pm »
Fell Free Dioxine to help was you want and can , this mod is for all to enjoy not just for me (i´m talking, still i´m using  Ryskeliini proj & stuff) 
I agree with you, just played a bit and i can´t remember to get the armor ahaha ,  anyway i added your stuff to ruleset and also added  the    provideBaseFunc: [COMU] to obrital facility and  requiresBaseFunc: [COMU] to nova bomb and nova cannon , only by playing i can remember stuff i left inc. Also the orbital map´s were swapped with hangar for testing i changed it back
Also obliterator armor was incorrect(was regular chaos marine), now corrected

Anyway Drive updating so download link is the same (sync taking a lot)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3EJsib7nOiIa3lzbnVTOXhwTEE/view?usp=sharing
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 09:58:09 pm by bulletdesigner »