aliens

Author Topic: OpenXcom 1.1  (Read 37802 times)

Offline Mr. Quiet

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • =Open_X_Com= Mods
Re: OpenXcom 1.1
« Reply #60 on: July 28, 2015, 04:35:21 am »
Right before releasing 2.0 OpenTFTD, change the website's background to TFTD's redish space geoscape :)

For trailer you guys amazed me with the last one, so I hope to see something better for this one!!

Offline kikimoristan

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 07, 2015, 08:41:58 am »
1.1 ha! 2.0    8)

niculinux

« Reply #62 on: August 13, 2015, 05:32:32 pm »
We've given up on 1.1 because:

- Everyone is waiting on TFTD. Everyone. Nobody cares about little fixes and improvements, we've gotten much more requests about TFTD than issues in the bug tracker in the last year. Everyone wants the shinies.

- Modders keep attaching themselves to the latest nightly, which triggers more fixes and requests, which makes the "stable" constantly shift forward. Everyone wants the shinies.

So for us, trying to reach stability is pointless. You've forced our hand, it's full speed ahead until TFTD (2.0). There will probably be a pre-2.0 to iron everything out but that's it. If you wanna pick a "nightly" to stick to, feel free.

hello guys! Since i'm not very fussy abou shinies, may i suggest to slow down a bit on open tftd and focus more on next openxcom milestone? As for the latter, may be a feature freeze in septrmber, amd then a new relase in oct/nov? Then gomfor a first opentftd relase, maybe in jan/feb 2016.

most important, happy holidays!!! ;)

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 13, 2015, 06:26:20 pm »
TftD is already out dude :P Kind of in beta-test mode. I am pretty sure there is no hope for a non-tftd milestone anymore.

We'll likely see OpenXCom 2.0 once they are happy with the state of TftD, which could be relatively soon as the game seems to be going pretty well.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #64 on: August 13, 2015, 06:27:31 pm »
TftD is already out dude :P Kind of in beta-test mode.

We'll likely see OpenXCom 2.0 once they are happy with the state of TftD.

You forgot the most important question: will it work with Linux? :P

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 13, 2015, 06:30:36 pm »
lol I run linux too and I can say that the "TftD beta" does, so no worries there ;)

Most mods run in linux too, if their author is careful. But I think the dev in charge for the mod system said they even looked into the crippling case-sensitivity issue (WiNdOwS dOeSn'T cArE iF yOu TyPe LiKe ThIs) so that even if authors are not careful, OpenXCom would be able to cope with it. After that, I don't see why we would have any more trouble than others.