Author Topic: MEDI KITS  (Read 3415 times)

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
MEDI KITS
« on: November 22, 2014, 11:52:24 pm »
I was wondering if it's possible to self heal yourself with the medi kit, like in the 2012 remake as the no of times I've lost a troop trying to get him healed by a unit with a medi kit is frustrating. Maybe I'm not the first to ask or maybe the coding wudn't support this but please advise.

Offline Warboy1982

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • Developer
    • View Profile
Re: MEDI KITS
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2014, 04:59:47 am »
i'm inclined to believe this is a design decision, and a good one at that, as it promotes teamwork between your soldiers rather than the "every man for himself" mentality. it would have been very simple for them to have implemented this in the original, yet they opted to add an error message instead, and very clear instructions on how it worked in the ufopaedia article.

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2014, 02:56:48 pm »
Thanks for the info and I assume the second text " The medic cannot use the kit on him or herself (except in very special circumstances)", "The med-kit can be used on the western or northern borders of the map to apply aid to your first unit. Said first unit can use the kit on itself in this manner. Note that if you brought any HWPs on the mission, then this glitch is of no use (as they're always first in the unit table)." from https://www.ufopaedia.org/index.php?title=Medi-Kit_(EU) is a very specific scenario that was linked to the vanilla game and this exploit is no longer available in OPXC.

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2014, 08:20:42 pm »
That's a really wonky and unrealistic thing to do too.. Try to heal the border and magically your first unit gets healed, no matter where they are.

"Hey Jones, what's you doing to that bush with a medikit?"
"Shut up dude! Henry's been hit while breaching the UFO" *Jones keeps applying bandages to the bush*
 :o

Offline Warboy1982

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2014, 01:32:16 am »
i was referring to the in-game ufopaedia :P