Author Topic: [MAPS] YetMoreUFOs!  (Read 38143 times)

Offline pkrcel

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: [MAPS] YetMoreUFOs!
« Reply #45 on: November 05, 2014, 02:58:48 pm »
The scout ships population has skyrocketed, since using YetMoreUFOs!  ;D

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #46 on: November 05, 2014, 05:58:01 pm »
The scout ships population has skyrocketed, since using YetMoreUFOs!  ;D

More scout ships over all, Or more aliens at a scout ship site?

Offline XCOMFan419

• Colonel
  • Wait I'm still here I swear
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 05, 2014, 07:33:08 pm »
At first I was skeptical about this mod, wondering if I really did need more UFOs. My last playthrough I installed the mod to try it out.

My game will never be the same again! I love this mod.

Offline pkrcel

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 05, 2014, 07:53:39 pm »
More scout ships over all, Or more aliens at a scout ship site?
Wells, I meant that now  you rarely get the same ol' scout

Offline TaxxiDriver

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 07, 2014, 02:31:25 pm »
Just found some strange terrains on which you just fall down. Maybe you already know but just in case :) All of those terrains were on the same UFO (I think it was a large or a very large ship).

P.S. The ship was one of the hardest one I've yet encountered with....
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 02:38:57 pm by TaxxiDriver »

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 07, 2014, 02:54:11 pm »
I play with the Expanded Alien Armory mod, which has Solar's new UFOs integrated into it.  Will there be conflicts if I play with both the armory mod and this mod, since they apparently both have Solar's new UFOs in them?

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 07, 2014, 06:29:21 pm »
@TaxxiDriver: That looks like a stunning ship! grzegorj mentioned that he added all the UFOs to the mod, but has only gotten to fix UFOs up to a certain size/type. This looks like a Battleship alternative so I don't think he's gotten to it yet. I'm sure he will though, as he seems to be a very thorough guy.

@BBHood217: There's not really any point in running Solar's "Alien Armoury Expanded - UFOs" mod along with YetMoreUFOs, as they contain the same thing. I'm not 100% sure it would crash or conflict, but it complicates things for nothing.

If you want to reproduce the same experience you would get with Solar's AAE-UFOs, use the "YetMoreUFOTypes" ruleset of YetMoreUFOs, since it keeps the new UFO types introduced by the AAE-UFOs separate. You can still run the other AAE mod to get the weapons as well, so you get the full AAE experience + all the new UFOs.

Offline TaxxiDriver

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 08, 2014, 02:42:47 am »
I think I've found a very bad problem: encountered with a large ship and the battle didn't end for more than 100 turns. I've just searched every possible places and concluded that there might be some enemies inside the closed walls and that is the reason why the battle continues forever. Unfortunately, I didn't have access to plasma weapons so couldn't breach the walls and confirm the hypothesis :( should have got some breaching mods or something.

Also found a faulty wall, just for showing  :)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #53 on: November 08, 2014, 11:12:24 am »
I think I've found a very bad problem: encountered with a large ship and the battle didn't end for more than 100 turns. I've just searched every possible places and concluded that there might be some enemies inside the closed walls and that is the reason why the battle continues forever. Unfortunately, I didn't have access to plasma weapons so couldn't breach the walls and confirm the hypothesis :( should have got some breaching mods or something.

Do you have a save from that mission? Because you can enable debug mode (by setting "debug: true" in options.cfg), then in the game press Ctrl + D and the entire map will be revealed.

Offline TaxxiDriver

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 08, 2014, 01:13:36 pm »
Do you have a save from that mission? Because you can enable debug mode (by setting "debug: true" in options.cfg), then in the game press Ctrl + D and the entire map will be revealed.

Thank you very much. The information was very helpful. I confirmed my hypothesis to be true: in fact, there were actually even two of them inside the closed hulls! It's very sad because it would havce been otherwise a very well designed ship.

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 08, 2014, 02:48:49 pm »
@BBHood217: There's not really any point in running Solar's "Alien Armoury Expanded - UFOs" mod along with YetMoreUFOs, as they contain the same thing. I'm not 100% sure it would crash or conflict, but it complicates things for nothing.

If you want to reproduce the same experience you would get with Solar's AAE-UFOs, use the "YetMoreUFOTypes" ruleset of YetMoreUFOs, since it keeps the new UFO types introduced by the AAE-UFOs separate. You can still run the other AAE mod to get the weapons as well, so you get the full AAE experience + all the new UFOs.

Somehow, I forgot that the Solar UFOs are actually a separate ruleset from the AAE.  Whoops :P

Okay then, so I'll turn off both Luke's and Solar's UFOs since this mod apparently already has them integrated.  My next playthrough oughta be more interesting.  Yay mods!

Offline davide

• Commander
    • View Profile
a new map concept
« Reply #56 on: November 11, 2014, 11:49:50 am »

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 13, 2014, 08:54:12 am »
I'm having trouble with Solar's UFOs via YetMoreUFOTypes.  Sometimes missions involving the fighter, sentry ship, excavator, and lab ship run just fine; and other times I get the "invalid vector<T> subscript" error (whatever that means, especially since I don't play nightlies) upon trying to start a mission with those UFO types.  I have no idea what the cause could be, so I've resigned to just using Solar's UFOs as large scout variants instead of separate types (i.e., using YetMoreUFOs instead of YetMoreUFOTypes).  I guess that also means no lab ship, unless it's a battleship or supply ship variant?

Speaking of supply ships, there's a weird supply ship map that looks like it's not finished.  It's like half a ship, and obviously not an intentional design because it's missing UFO components like power sources.  And y'know, there's a giant hole in it.

Offline Mr. Quiet

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • =Open_X_Com= Mods
« Reply #58 on: February 17, 2015, 10:02:16 am »
It was a pain installing this mod. You should put all the other readmes in a read me folder, while keep the actual read me to install this mod out with the other ufo ship folders.

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 17, 2015, 10:57:23 pm »
I don't know if gzegorj is still working on this.. Either way, that sounds rather entitled for a comment directed at free (awesome) content provided by someone else. "YetMoreUFOs" is nowhere near a pain to install, it follows the same way as everything else.

I am wondering, though, what kind of impact the maps redesign might have had on the UFOs in this mod? Anyone tried this/has the experience to guess what, if anything, might change?