aliens

Author Topic: [MAPS] YetMoreUFOs!  (Read 38686 times)

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
Re: [MAPS] YetMoreUFOs!
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2014, 03:27:08 am »
Hi grzegorj,

As usual, thank you for your outstanding work! I am looking forward to encountering the new Harvesters :)

I apologize about taking up your time with my little problem. I just figured it would be quick for you since you are already used to modifying UFOs/Crafts. The only computer I have access to is a Linux computer and I have not yet figured out how to run Map View on it. The only source I found was a zip file with a bunch of windows executables. I will figure it out one day.. Anyhow, thank you very much for fixing that version of the lightning!

Cheers,
Art

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2014, 05:50:15 am »
<snip>. The only computer I have access to is a Linux computer and I have not yet figured out how to run Map View on it. The only source I found was a zip file with a bunch of windows executables. I will figure it out one day.. <snip>

This is obvious, but have you tried WINE?

Sorry for the off topic. XD

Cheers, Ivan :D

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2014, 07:04:19 pm »
@grzegorj: Just tried the new lightning in game. It works wonderfully once you define a new deployment order. The original one does not work at all, so they cannot be used as variants. It's an interesting idea though, like asking yourself the question: "Which craft did the rookies jump into this time?" and finding out every mission. Especially since the game only spawns the units it can, so you can even have "random" squad sizes.

Thanks again!

@ivandogovich: Yeah, I tried that and the result was pretty bad. It doesn't recognize transparency so I get a bunch of black squares and all the different levels of a craft overlap. It's pretty ugly :/

Offline grzegorj

• Captain
  • grzegorj and Sherlock are my nicknames...
    • View Profile
    • X-COM
YetMoreUFOs 0.6
« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2014, 11:37:54 pm »
Version 0.6

As there are impatient people who would want to use both Luke's mod and mine (which is not possible in all), I have found a good solution. Yes, it is impossible to use both mods at the same time. But one can add all Luke's UFOs to my mod without checking / mending / modifying them. Even more, this is not very complex to add UFOs from both MapPacks as well! No more problems with U_DISEC3 etc., by the way!

Even if I cannot guarantee (for now) that all Abductors, Terror Ships, Battleships and Supply Ships will function very well, there is no need to use Luke's Extra UFOs any longer. All his UFOs are already in the mod (even if not all have been checked / corrected yet).

I have added them to the current version, numbered 0.6. The version 0.7 will have all Abductors checked (and the ugly looking black triangles in floors removed, I am just working on it), plus their reflected variants (and possibly one or two more maps) that do not exist in this moment. The version 0.8 is planned to have new / checked Terror Ships as well. The version 0.9 will have Supply Ships (they are less in size than Battleships, hence the planned sequence). And finally the version 1.0 will have all UFOs checked. Further versions with Tnarg's UFOs and pyramidal UFOs (unused but present in the game) are expected as well.

Nice using the mod!
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 11:51:07 pm by grzegorj »

Offline grzegorj

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • X-COM
The mod site is back!
« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2014, 05:05:13 pm »

Offline TaxxiDriver

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2014, 12:39:08 pm »
Beautiful. Love this mod a lot: those who want to play as much as vanilla or want a radical change alike can be satisfied :) Keep going, sir.

Offline volutar

• Colonel
  • Vanilla digger & Quality assistant
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2014, 12:51:15 pm »
Every try to make any "misterious insides" of the UFO with known hull contours is not really effective.
Since outside walls are revealing insides by silhouettes.
I've made a patch changing bigwall reveal behaviour, but it's still not applied.

Though I'd prefer to change cursor behaviour logic entierly. If you points non revealed territory - it should show non-occluded cursor version. Always. There shouldn't be that easy single-turn final missions.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 01:18:27 pm by volutar »

Offline grzegorj

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • X-COM
« Reply #37 on: October 29, 2014, 02:24:27 pm »
@volutar, could you tell us more about the patch? Does it change the binary or only data files?

Offline volutar

• Colonel
  • Vanilla digger & Quality assistant
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2014, 05:57:50 am »
It's code patch. It doesn't rely on data.

Offline new_civilian

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 01, 2014, 02:47:55 pm »
Just wanted to say thanks for this mod, I'm having awesome missions on those maps!

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #40 on: November 01, 2014, 07:04:19 pm »
Okay, so I've finally started adding these nice maps to the Final Mod Pack. This is going to take some time, that's for sure...

Grzegorz, what's the status with Yet More UFOs vs. Luke's Extra UFOs? Does your mod contain all of them or not? This information would really make my work easier.

Though I'd prefer to change cursor behaviour logic entierly. If you points non revealed territory - it should show non-occluded cursor version. Always. There shouldn't be that easy single-turn final missions.

This, so much. :)

Offline TaxxiDriver

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 03, 2014, 03:02:41 pm »
I don't know any technical things but I also really wish the aliens would stop shooting me inside the UFO somehow. It's really annoying  >:(

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 03, 2014, 04:58:29 pm »
Some UFOs having "hidden firing holes" is indeed really annoying. I think grzegorj is making good progress on those by patching the gaps though. This mod is really an awesome improvement on the game.

Offline new_civilian

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 05, 2014, 01:18:02 pm »
Some UFOs having "hidden firing holes" is indeed really annoying. I think grzegorj is making good progress on those by patching the gaps though. This mod is really an awesome improvement on the game.

why yes it is...  :)

It`s always nice to see something NEW in this game, especially when it is made that good.

Offline TaxxiDriver

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 05, 2014, 02:22:07 pm »
why yes it is...  :)

It`s always nice to see something NEW in this game, especially when it is made that good.

Wow! I haven't met with that UFO yet. I laughed a lot  ;D