Author Topic: Altoid aliens - All sprites are free to use!  (Read 74605 times)

Offline NoelBuddy

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Altoid aliens
« Reply #45 on: January 06, 2015, 05:58:33 pm »
New Crabman and Probe added, had to cut 2 frames out of the probe to match the silicoid... unless there is an 8 frame animation that I just can't think of ATM. Tried to make a pulsating drooling belcher, but put too much change between frames and it just lookd bad so for now that's unchanged.

Belchers usually cause crash in the very first turn if they are on a map. If only Aerials are involved without terror units everything is fine. I tested it both in-game terrors\crashed terror vessel and in instant action. Problem occured with\without FMP but I need to test if AliensPickUpWeapons may influence them or not.

Hmmmmm.. try running with just this mod, not even any of the default mods, then add in the one you use one at a time and see when the problem shows back up, it could be some weird interaction problem. Also are you running any mods that change the maps or map files?

Offline Duke_Falcon

• Colonel
  • *Visit my DA site - click on the small globe!*
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #46 on: January 07, 2015, 11:09:37 am »
Here comes only ideas. These may not impleneted in Alien Navy mod just raw ideas so far. Not just because they need ruleset code but also spritesheet and corpse sprites aswell... Not to mention mission assignments.
So pictures are mostly promos of ideas what may voted later if good or bad - I say: very bad...

Offline Warboy1982

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 07, 2015, 06:15:58 pm »
makes me think of this...

Offline Duke_Falcon

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #48 on: January 24, 2015, 11:03:38 am »
Some interceptor sprites I just made for fun. The top row shows the original sprites and below them are the ones I made from the originals. Finally I used only for the Interdictor what works well so far in-game but the new craft weapons cause crash immediately when they fire... Maybe because I gave them strings for the vanilla sounds and those sounds not included in the ruleset as defined?

Offline Hollow_Fang

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 25, 2015, 04:25:49 am »
These all look fantastic

Offline Duke_Falcon

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #50 on: January 30, 2015, 08:56:16 pm »
These all look fantastic
Also free to use.
I wanted to use the copter as a transport craft but I am unable to make battlescape map for it. I can not edit the Skyranger properly so I abandoned that idea. Still, I have a pedia picture for that.
I planned a slow transport the heli. 1 weapon pod (basic install is a cannon) and 6 soldiers to transports +1 dog. It could have 60% of the speed of the Skyranger and 50% cheaper than the Skyranger. But these were plans what never makes come true... or not by me...

Offline Duke_Falcon

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #51 on: March 08, 2015, 11:36:33 am »
Took much time testing my mod when the latest nightly sh!t in the middle of everything. New alien missions what were set up for the new races not work and I have no clue how the hell could that be fixed?
I can not even figured out why cause the new craft weapons crash as soon as they fire and now I must find out how to fix missions? Not work, just plainly not work.
The new races - more or less - worked well, the researches rarely caused problems (still not know why starting gears not showed automatically in UfoPaedia when they could be buy and sell, I mean craft weapons) and the whole thing just started to work together well with FMP.

?

For Mantismen here is the second terror unit, the Muton sniper (why not use it weapons I can not understand as it use the MiB as base of code):

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #52 on: March 08, 2015, 11:47:40 am »
Wow, a squishy Muton egghead! Kawaii~!!! :)

Offline Duke_Falcon

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #53 on: March 21, 2015, 10:01:35 pm »
Some "gunned" tiles for assault alien crafts. I wonder if someone could add these to the original file what contains UFO hulls?
Yes, I forgot to rename the tiles, sorry!

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 21, 2015, 10:50:52 pm »
Some "gunned" tiles for assault alien crafts. I wonder if someone could add these to the original file what contains UFO hulls?
Yes, I forgot to rename the tiles, sorry!

It's possible, but it would be best to make a new mcd to avoid corruption of tiles (basically, terrain gets broken if you enter something in the middle and you'd have to fix it manually).

Offline Duke_Falcon

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #55 on: March 22, 2015, 07:25:03 pm »
OK

Here are all the new tiles I made so far. These are raw PNGs! These need to palette-conversion I think even though I tried to use only those colours what originally used by the sprites. If someone could use them, let us go, it is free!
The zip contains two version of gun-attached outer ufo hulls and some TFTD-imported computers as internal targeting units for the outer parts with guns.

Also, can someone check a ruleset if I attach it? It mostly works but not fully and I have no clue why.
It is about craft weapons. They can be equip, arm but the game crash as soon as they shot. And although they could be available from the beginning their pedia entry not showed in the pedia without research\debug mode.

Furthermore I fear my mod's alien missions shall not work with the latest versions. Can someone fix them? I am not even sure how did they worked originally. As far as I fared with "Alien navy" mod most parts of code is thanks for NoelBuddy as my codes were a mass of whats?!... After merging some rulesets together (crafts and their weapons are solved) the mod shall be ready to release for testing.

Offline Duke_Falcon

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #56 on: July 10, 2015, 06:52:58 pm »
Here is some more graphics. I call this a "Strider" as it is a pre-Floater.
All graphics need palette conversion!

Feel free to use them if you want!

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 10, 2015, 07:41:23 pm »
Very cool work! I am starting to think about alien races and that certainly should fit somewhere.

Any idea of where they belong compared to floaters?

Less poweful since they didn't get their upgrade or raw natural brutal version of their civilized/enslaved brethren?

I'm thinking they could be used as a "higher end" floater, sort of "raw" folaters who are naturally aggressive and faster, albeit without the ability to fly. Add a few "overseers" which did get the upgrade as higher rank ones, and some kind of beasty as a terror unit.. hum.. :D
« Last Edit: July 10, 2015, 07:44:59 pm by Arthanor »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 10, 2015, 09:34:28 pm »
Awesome! Can I use it at some point? :)

Offline Duke_Falcon

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #59 on: July 11, 2015, 09:45:12 am »
Feel free to use them.

Anyway I thought they could be stronger but slower than Floaters. Maybe the Floaters auxiliary\2.nd terror unit. Free to decide what should their role be by those whome want to use them.
Maybe equip them with Close-combat tools shall make them more badass?