aliens

Author Topic: The X-Com Files (FMP+)  (Read 64417 times)

Offline Phoenix7786

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: New megaproject, working name: FMP+
« Reply #75 on: February 01, 2016, 07:49:27 pm »
The part of me that used to be an English teacher has an eye-twitch going on about some of the typos I see :P I'd be more than happy to help you with any I spot. The other part of me wants to wait until I play this, so I don't spoil the surprises by reading all the text logs.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #76 on: February 01, 2016, 08:19:23 pm »
The part of me that used to be an English teacher has an eye-twitch going on about some of the typos I see :P I'd be more than happy to help you with any I spot. The other part of me wants to wait until I play this, so I don't spoil the surprises by reading all the text logs.

Yes please, help will be appreciated. My English is quite rusty.

Meanwhile, I made some good progress over the weekend. Cultists are conspiring around the planet in hidden outposts, strange animals show up properly (and sometimes attack small towns) and you're busy completing your crew while dealing with all the events. The next step will be completing these factions' missions, and then we'll have deeper levels of secrecy, like Men in Black and the Syndicate and... oh, you'll see. :) But designing all this will take months.

Offline TheProfessional

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 11, 2016, 10:42:07 pm »
Hey, if you are still working on this, then you can count me in for a german translation!  ;)

Also, after looking at your ideas I have to say that my ideas, at least for like having human enemies first and having to convince the UN to get militarygrade weaponry and facilities. I had some ideas for myself, of course, but could I maybe help you with this project instead? I'd love to bring in ideas, work on rulesets and maybe try a bit of spriting (when I finally get back on the PC and get PhotoShop to accept the palettes  >:( ).

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #78 on: March 11, 2016, 11:28:40 pm »
Hey, if you are still working on this, then you can count me in for a german translation!  ;)

I'm playing the pre-0.1 version as a tester, and it's not only still on... it's probably the most awesome XCom experience I've had so far, although the learning curve is STEEP :)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 12, 2016, 12:59:49 am »
Sure, I'll be happy to cooperate. But I want to focus on releasing a 0.1 version first.

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 12, 2016, 04:29:21 am »
I'm playing the pre-0.1 version as a tester, and it's not only still on... it's probably the most awesome XCom experience I've had so far, although the learning curve is STEEP :)
:o From the creator of Piratez, that's quite some praise! I'm looking forward to this! Go go Solarius!

Offline TheProfessional

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 12, 2016, 11:38:03 am »
I gotta say, that sounds great! (Also, so many personalities, I feel so small ;D )

I'll be back on PC on a hour, if you'd like me to start translating or maybe let me test it out a bit, just contact me.  ;)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 02, 2016, 03:44:46 pm »
I gotta say, that sounds great! (Also, so many personalities, I feel so small ;D )

I'll be back on PC on a hour, if you'd like me to start translating or maybe let me test it out a bit, just contact me.  ;)

Well, as soon as I get a working version, I'll be happy to share.

For now, I could send you some files to translate, but everything keeps changing, so... patience. :)

EDIT:

New feature in the mod: dossiers on prominent human enemies! :) (and not just enemies)

Offline Arctic

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: The X-Com Files (FMP+)
« Reply #83 on: April 02, 2016, 06:32:45 pm »
Sounds like this is shaping up to be the best total conversion for Openxcom yet.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
Re: The X-Com Files (FMP+)
« Reply #84 on: May 02, 2016, 12:31:58 am »
It's finally here: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,4595.0.html

I'll keep this thread for previews, blogging etc., and that other one will probably become the main.