aliens

Author Topic: The X-Com Files - 2.0: We Will Be Watching  (Read 941845 times)

Offline Mrvex

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: The X-Com Files - 2.0: We Will Be Watching
« Reply #4305 on: September 09, 2021, 08:23:43 am »
2 of the MAGMA share tech research topics needs to be changed, i just realized that both of them actually give you fuckall if you dont have a completely different tech from different story lines and they feel like a massive noob trap for those not using middle mouse button to see what gives what.

1) Sharing Alien Gardens with MAGMA
MAGMA can offer you chemical rounds for pulse weapons (And nothing else ?) But Pulse weapons are completely different unlock from Syndicate storyline.
So you can research Alien Gardens, share bioweapons with a corporation and you get nothing in return. This research needs to be locked behind having pulse weapons in the first place.

2) Sharing Elerium battery with MAGMA
Same as Alien Gardens, researching Elerium batteries lets you share it with this corporation but you get nothing in return, you need to get Terramite from Shogg arch too in order to unlock the power armor.

This tech needs to be locked together with sharing elerium batteries.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #4306 on: September 10, 2021, 11:30:10 am »
( @Solarius )

hi i just got the idea on the next versionĀ“ title  -   *There are the things between Eearth and Heaven"

what do you think?

Not bad. But it depends on what the next version will feature!

- Your M83 Barrett rifles and ammo will disappear, sorry.

:( :-\ why

it was 1 of my most favourites heavy sniper guns

It is still in the game, but will need to be found, researched and bought again, sorry.
(Also, happy to hear this weapon has some use.)

Main page says: Shogg: 72%
Does it reflect current state of Shogg?

This dumb thing. :/ Sorry, I forgot it's ever existed.
Sure, I'll update the counter.

2 of the MAGMA share tech research topics needs to be changed, i just realized that both of them actually give you fuckall if you dont have a completely different tech from different story lines and they feel like a massive noob trap for those not using middle mouse button to see what gives what.

1) Sharing Alien Gardens with MAGMA
MAGMA can offer you chemical rounds for pulse weapons (And nothing else ?) But Pulse weapons are completely different unlock from Syndicate storyline.
So you can research Alien Gardens, share bioweapons with a corporation and you get nothing in return. This research needs to be locked behind having pulse weapons in the first place.

2) Sharing Elerium battery with MAGMA
Same as Alien Gardens, researching Elerium batteries lets you share it with this corporation but you get nothing in return, you need to get Terramite from Shogg arch too in order to unlock the power armor.

This tech needs to be locked together with sharing elerium batteries.

I'll withhold with these changes, because:
1) While I get the point, it would be a little weird to make M.A.G.M.A. act this way;
2) it's kinda complex and I don't want to break anything before going on holidays. I'll think about it after I'm back.

And speaking of broken versions: bugfix version 2.0.1 has been released.

- Removed support for en-GB (until someone maintains it).
- Fixed missing Tritanium Foundry files.
- Fixed armor values on hybrids' Polar Suit.
- Minor terrain fixes.

Offline Thunderwing280

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4307 on: September 11, 2021, 12:59:31 am »
Is it still the case that when you destroy alien colonies you get countries back from alien pacts? 2 months into alien invasion and already the US and Israel have withdrawn.

Offline Juku121

• Captain
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4308 on: September 11, 2021, 01:50:15 am »
Is it still the case that when you destroy alien colonies you get countries back from alien pacts?
No. There's an entire thread about it, and also other discussions here and on Discord.

Basically, Solarius finds it unimmersive and its his mod. If you hate it, you can change this for yourself with a very tiny change, although you won't be getting back the whole 'embassy' mechanic (which was kinda weird).
« Last Edit: September 11, 2021, 01:53:28 am by Juku121 »

Offline 0xEBJC

• Sergeant
  • Do or do not, there is no try.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4309 on: September 16, 2021, 08:48:00 pm »
Solarius Scorch,

---
I read your comments about not having engineers in masses just for profit, and I understand your perspective.  I'm still playing through XCF for the 1st time.

Suggestion, if it hasn't been made yet.  What do you think of have some items that engineers make at the following graduated steps 60%, 80%, 100%, 120% so at 60% there is a 40% cost of the engineers monthly salary. where it would be tied to some game progress steps, say 'Promotion I" & "Promotion II", unlocking BlackOps, etc...

The idea would be that even at end game, 120% isn't a huge amount, but it at-least gives the engineers something to do when no other specific task is needed and they don't cost too much overhead in monthly costs.  I just unlocked blackOps and I think currently one of the grenades is the most profitable at about 50%, so still a lost in engineer overcost.

---
Another idea (This one probably needs a feature added to OXCE code)
some create items that have a profitable cost say at the lowest level - beginning of game engineers can produce a specific available item at a profit of 102%
then when either a specific #of items are produced or a game progression is met the defined item properties change and it becomes was less profitable.
This idea could propagate through the game as you get new things "novelty" they are more profitable, and either overtime when game progression milestones are met or too many items are produced the items sell value and profitability drops, like flooding the market, or last years i-phone isn't as desired as next years i-phone.

functionality that could make this work,
dynamic in-game rul file values, manufacture, item definitions could be changed updated or removed from availability (i.e. a new item is defined for the old one with different properties) so you would have to remove the item or actually change it's properties, just remove it from the list that enables its availability and add the new same item with different values.

Track the total number of items for a specific time manufactured, even when stopping and starting manufacturing of the same item or across different bases.

Another Idea would be to allow the sell/sack menu to have specific sellers, like to the public, to the UN/Funding Nations Governments, to the Cult factions, like you might be able to sell BlackOps or other specific/high interest/value items to the black marked arms dealers for a premium, but get docked score points...

Offline 0xEBJC

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: The X-Com Files - 0.4.2 alpha: Going Postal
« Reply #4310 on: September 16, 2021, 11:17:44 pm »
Yes, it's for OXCE+. The file is distributed with the mod, just like Piratez.

Well then, waiting for reviews. 8)

X-Com Files is awesome! It's so much more than a mod, after playing just a little while, I'm probably not going back but considering this the defacto game! very good.  do you want reviews else where, like on mod.io?

Much appreciated!
-JC

Offline 0xEBJC

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4311 on: September 20, 2021, 10:32:40 pm »
[Recommendation]

Rename "Accurized Shotgun" --> "Long Barrel Shotgun", or "Precision LR Shotgun", (LR is for Long Range), or "Honed LR Shotgun", Accurized isn't an English word.  Your mod pack is very good and I only make the recommendation because I think it would further improve it as a very professional game release.

-JC