aliens

Author Topic: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste  (Read 1205667 times)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste
« Reply #4185 on: Today at 01:32:37 pm »
Yes, there are many considerations between the routes and the AI. If units don't leave a room, it doesn't mean they can't; maybe they just don't "want" to. Which is perfectly fine.

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4186 on: Today at 02:21:50 pm »
Well, I'm of the opinion that if your enemies are stuck in a small cubicle and won't come out until something pokes them, that's just waiting to be exploited. Whether by an explosive near the door, or otherwise. So, not so fine.

Here's a quick battle save, turn 6, all Reptoids still stuck in the kitchens. Note that one of the kitchens has only one Reptoid in there, so it can't be blocking itself from moving.

Of course, if the mansion is full of enemies, some of them never leaving the kitchen might even be interesting - a cooking contest, doing drugs, or whatever else they might be up to there. :) But if all of the enemies are stuck there, it's a different matter. AFAIK, this Reptoid Assassination mission is the only mission that uses the mansion map and has so few enemies.
« Last Edit: Today at 02:23:29 pm by Juku121 »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #4187 on: Today at 04:10:58 pm »
Well, I'm of the opinion that if your enemies are stuck in a small cubicle and won't come out until something pokes them, that's just waiting to be exploited. Whether by an explosive near the door, or otherwise. So, not so fine.

Yes, but that's an if. Which is what I needed to confirm.

Here's a quick battle save, turn 6, all Reptoids still stuck in the kitchens. Note that one of the kitchens has only one Reptoid in there, so it can't be blocking itself from moving.

Thank you.

I did some analysis, and the routes look okay. See attachment: there are two routes leading out of the room. (They work both ways, I checked.) The only thing that I'm not sure about is no a route going through the southern door, but this should not be very relevant to the problem.
I checked patrol priorities too, and all these nodes are at 0... So I don't understand why they only choose nodes in the room... Maybe because they're all assigned to rank Engineer? But this shouldn't matter for movement, only for spawning, no?

So in short, I have no idea what's going on here.

Of course, if the mansion is full of enemies, some of them never leaving the kitchen might even be interesting

Yeah, and in some very rare cases I'm using a similar setup, but not here!

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4188 on: Today at 05:35:14 pm »
I played a few more turns, and even civilians opening the doors and getting wasted by burning death beams didn't make the lizards leave the kitchen. And there are even some stairs if they don't like the doors, but no dice.

These Reptoids are all rank 5, 'soldiers', aren't they?

I'm also at a loss why they behave that way, then. Perhaps increase the patrol priorities of the nodes just outside? Though I kinda doubt that would help.

There's a log for alien 'AI' and other stuff that can be enabled and dumped, isn't there?