aliens

Author Topic: [OLD] Old OXCE discussion thread  (Read 663123 times)

Offline crutchmaster

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Re: [EXE] OpenXcom Extended
« Reply #1140 on: February 02, 2017, 11:04:47 am »
For AI changes, its hard to tell how it will affect gameplay. If other people would like have it too then I could add this.
I try, but I don't have so much language skills:) If aliens shoot you from house, for example, you destroy this house with explosives and/or automatic weapons. This path add something like this for AI.
https://github.com/Crutchmaster/OpenXcom/tree/oxce_indirect_fire
This code says better. Build them and play some battles on farm.

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: February 02, 2017, 04:19:48 pm »
Sorry I haven't posted that error yet - I forgot about it. I'll post it later today.

Could I make some requests for new script features? If it's not there, I think it would be nice to have an RNG function available in script, either between two ints or simply between 0 and 100, and we can rescale with math as necessary. Also, could damage type and resist type from an attack be passed to hitUnit and damageUnit?

A bit more out there, but would it be possible to let a tag hold a pointer to a RuleItem or a RuleArmor? Something like TAG_POINTING_TO_ARMOR: STR_SOME_ARMOR? I was thinking of creating something like a metal shield that reduces incoming damage and has its own damage resistances, and having a 'dummy' armor for it would be nicer than making a new tag for each damage type.

Edit:  I can't re-create the previous error I was getting, it's working just fine now.  I'll let you know if I see it again.

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: February 02, 2017, 07:17:04 pm »
Sorry I haven't posted that error yet - I forgot about it. I'll post it later today.

Could I make some requests for new script features? If it's not there, I think it would be nice to have an RNG function available in script, either between two ints or simply between 0 and 100, and we can rescale with math as necessary. Also, could damage type and resist type from an attack be passed to hitUnit and damageUnit?

A bit more out there, but would it be possible to let a tag hold a pointer to a RuleItem or a RuleArmor? Something like TAG_POINTING_TO_ARMOR: STR_SOME_ARMOR? I was thinking of creating something like a metal shield that reduces incoming damage and has its own damage resistances, and having a 'dummy' armor for it would be nicer than making a new tag for each damage type.

Edit:  I can't re-create the previous error I was getting, it's working just fine now.  I'll let you know if I see it again.
I plan add random in 3.7. For damage type I will add this is bugfix release in this week.
For "pointer to armor" I have long term plans to add some thing like that.

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: February 02, 2017, 07:21:44 pm »
Okay, thanks!

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: February 03, 2017, 01:33:01 am »
Bugreport:
This: https://github.com/Yankes/OpenXcom/commit/3b8032f80d4c1bafd86310009185ddf7c2649458 doesn't actually remove all parts of a big unit.
And causes recovery of twice as many corpses as side effect when unconscious unit on the ground is killed.

To fix I guess it's enough to put "++it;" inside "else { }" clause.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 01:35:17 am by Meridian »

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: February 03, 2017, 08:24:40 pm »
Bugreport:
This: https://github.com/Yankes/OpenXcom/commit/3b8032f80d4c1bafd86310009185ddf7c2649458 doesn't actually remove all parts of a big unit.
And causes recovery of twice as many corpses as side effect when unconscious unit on the ground is killed.

To fix I guess it's enough to put "++it;" inside "else { }" clause.
Good catch, I will fix it.

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: February 03, 2017, 09:00:08 pm »
There's a bug with pre-primed grenades and the new exploding in hand code: vanilla grenades, which should not explode in hand, do so when pre-primed before a mission with 0 timer, but only when the battle is first started from the geoscape.  Saving during the first turn and reloading prevents them from going off until thrown.

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: February 04, 2017, 01:44:47 am »
There's a bug with pre-primed grenades and the new exploding in hand code: vanilla grenades, which should not explode in hand, do so when pre-primed before a mission with 0 timer, but only when the battle is first started from the geoscape.  Saving during the first turn and reloading prevents them from going off until thrown.
Fixed, tomorrow or in next day I will publish new bugfix version of 3.6a.
For more impatient people there is source code available: https://github.com/Yankes/OpenXcom/commits/OpenXcomExtended

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: February 04, 2017, 05:08:43 pm »
Bug fix version 3.6a is read:

Fix couple of bugs.
Add some missed scripts.
Add damage type param to unit damage script.

Offline HelmetHair

• Colonel
  • He who laughs last thinks fastest.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: February 05, 2017, 09:07:51 am »
I have a feature request.... a big one.

Definable minimum attributes of soldiers. That is to say that they the rookies recruited will meet a player defined stat criteria. With the more stringent the requirements defined, the more you pay initially and the longer the wait time on receiving new recruits.

It is cookie season so I'll even ship you a couple of boxes of thin mints from the girl scouts :)

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: February 05, 2017, 11:00:25 am »
This is doable already, also in vanilla.
You can define soldier types with higher minimum stats and bigger initial pay/salary.

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: February 05, 2017, 12:21:04 pm »
Bugreport: hit script engine "randomly" overwrites side and bodypart

e.g.
front/torso hit gets overwritten with left/head hit
rear/torso hit by left/leftarm hit
etc.

Tested on vanilla without any scripts.

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: February 05, 2017, 01:42:42 pm »
I mess up order of this two parameters side <=> bodypart I will fix it right away.

[ps]
bug fix: https://github.com/Yankes/OpenXcom/commit/b2125b7a00bbedb8ee4ec8ecd90b67999907a78a

[ps2]
new version is up
« Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 02:26:12 pm by Yankes »

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: February 07, 2017, 07:08:04 pm »
Hey Yankes, is it possible to get the type of action used during hitUnit or damageUnit?  That is, can I use a script to differentiate between being hit by melee, aimed shot, auto shot, snap shot, and throwing actions?

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: February 07, 2017, 08:11:20 pm »
Hey Yankes, is it possible to get the type of action used during hitUnit or damageUnit?  That is, can I use a script to differentiate between being hit by melee, aimed shot, auto shot, snap shot, and throwing actions?
I have plans to add this in future, same as adding shooting weapon too.