aliens

Author Topic: [OLD] Old OXCE discussion thread  (Read 663181 times)

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [EXE] OpenXcom Extended
« Reply #990 on: October 17, 2016, 10:07:14 pm »
In other buildings.

Yes, happens everywhere.
Two examples with test saves attached.

Offline Starving Poet

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: October 22, 2016, 05:48:02 am »
While I was going through my TFTD playthrough, I found myself in the situation where I had to buy a Triton for every base just so I could easily equip weapons and armor on my troops who only existed to rebuff retaliations.  It felt like an awkward, unneccessary step.  Since there is the option to remove the arbitrary item limits on crafts, could there be a possibility to allow the crew equipment screen without a craft?  Just allowing soldier equips straight from base stores would be such a phenomenal time saver in the long run.

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: October 22, 2016, 01:30:56 pm »
Yes, happens everywhere.
Two examples with test saves attached.
I find cause of bug, `getWallShade` -> `isDiscovered` check wrong part. I will release fix in this week (with another one that fix corpse bug).

While I was going through my TFTD playthrough, I found myself in the situation where I had to buy a Triton for every base just so I could easily equip weapons and armor on my troops who only existed to rebuff retaliations.  It felt like an awkward, unneccessary step.  Since there is the option to remove the arbitrary item limits on crafts, could there be a possibility to allow the crew equipment screen without a craft?  Just allowing soldier equips straight from base stores would be such a phenomenal time saver in the long run.
This more fit Meridian branch when he add lot of UI improvements.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: October 22, 2016, 02:32:56 pm »
I find cause of bug, `getWallShade` -> `isDiscovered` check wrong part. I will release fix in this week (with another one that fix corpse bug).

Is it the same one I wrote here: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,2915.msg72679.html#msg72679
Or a different one?

This more fit Meridian branch when he add lot of UI improvements.

You do get the equipment screen before base defense :)
What more do you need?

Anyway, I was also thinking about it for my LP, so that I can do the equipment in-between episodes and don't need to do it just before the mission to save viewer's time... I'll put it on the list.

EDIT: done, wasn't all that hard... in the "Soldiers" UI, press "I" (or whatever hotkey you have for opening inventory). Download: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8itkFQbhj-YT015SlZXS2FJTzA
« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 05:20:15 pm by Meridian »

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: October 22, 2016, 03:01:46 pm »
Is it the same one I wrote here: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,2915.msg72679.html#msg72679
Or a different one?
Exactly this, `part` should be less by 1.

Offline Starving Poet

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: October 22, 2016, 06:50:29 pm »
EDIT: done, wasn't all that hard... in the "Soldiers" UI, press "I" (or whatever hotkey you have for opening inventory). Download: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8itkFQbhj-YT015SlZXS2FJTzA

*man-hugs*

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #996 on: October 22, 2016, 08:00:29 pm »
*sandwich!*

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: October 23, 2016, 07:11:22 pm »
*man-hugs*

There is a small, but critical bug is that version, please don't use the new feature until I release a new version (or your missions will randomly start failing at the end).

Offline Starving Poet

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: October 24, 2016, 02:32:26 am »
That may or may not affect my current mission fail rate  ;)

Offline Ridаn

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: October 24, 2016, 02:08:26 pm »
I have a heretical proposal: a mod defined option for shared global vault space for all the loot and weapon items.
Soldiers/tanks and interceptors/transports would still have to be transfered, but all the other stuff can be accessed from any Base at any time, be it for manufacture, selling or loading into a craft.

The_Funktasm

« Reply #1000 on: October 24, 2016, 03:01:13 pm »
I'm absolutely certain I'm an idiot right now...

That out of the way, how exactly does a potential user acquire this in an already usable file or installer? I've found the compilable code, and tried and failed to DL it on openxcom.com.

Thanks in advance, but please take it a bit easy on me. My connection sucks where I live, so I can't look as well for myself as I would like to.

And yes, I checked the first page.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 03:07:31 pm by The_Funktasm »

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: October 24, 2016, 03:24:28 pm »
If you want Meridian's version of it, he has downloads for Windows and a link to pre-compiled versions for Linux.  See here for his post.

The_Funktasm

« Reply #1002 on: October 24, 2016, 06:46:50 pm »
If you want Meridian's version of it, he has downloads for Windows and a link to pre-compiled versions for Linux.  See here for his post.

Thanks much. Interested in seeing first-hand what all this is capable of over the main branch.

Though unfortunately now that I've tried, it will not run. I tried it with the version I had been running the game with, the most recent nightly, and the one before that one. Unfortunately the link mostly had a changelog, and no instructions of any sort. Even the file was just an exe in a zip file. So I'm not sure what to do at this point...
« Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 08:15:23 pm by The_Funktasm »

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: October 24, 2016, 11:02:20 pm »
Thanks much. Interested in seeing first-hand what all this is capable of over the main branch.

Though unfortunately now that I've tried, it will not run. I tried it with the version I had been running the game with, the most recent nightly, and the one before that one. Unfortunately the link mostly had a changelog, and no instructions of any sort. Even the file was just an exe in a zip file. So I'm not sure what to do at this point...
Because I did couple of big project (scripts), and now I lag couple of moths behind nightly. This mean currently is not compatible with recent nightly.
From first post:
Code: [Select]
OpenXcom date:   Nightly 2016-01-02This is needed version as it not available right now I added needed data to first post ("Data31.zip") that have all require data to run OXCE.
Overall I plan fix this situation by updating to recent nightly (it will be done in 2 - 3 weeks), this will made my exe simply drop in replacement of official exe from recent nightly.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: October 27, 2016, 05:27:12 pm »
in SavedBattleGame.cpp, _alienCustomDeploy and _alienCustomMission are loaded, but not saved: https://github.com/Yankes/OpenXcom/blob/OpenXcomExtended/src/Savegame/SavedBattleGame.cpp#L119

a/ is saving missing?
b/ is loading not necessary and can be removed?
c/ have I missed something?