aliens

Author Topic: [OLD] Old OXCE discussion thread  (Read 663140 times)

Offline arrakis69ct

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: OpenXcom Extended
« Reply #60 on: September 16, 2014, 12:21:12 pm »
Can you put ay the end of a mission a page tha sais the increased stats of soldiers. This is interesting to manage the squad

And a option to recover countries to council again XD

Enviado desde mi LG-D802 mediante Tapatalk
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 12:22:55 pm by arrakis69ct »

Offline Random Commander

• Captain
  • Making no sense since 1997
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 16, 2014, 12:58:44 pm »
Can you put ay the end of a mission a page tha sais the increased stats of soldiers. This is interesting to manage the squad

And a option to recover countries to council again XD

I Second this motion. Many a time have I been stuck with Russia as my only funding (Though I had a constant Laser Tank factory selling stuff at the same time, so forget everyone else :P)

Also Stat improvements will be a bit of an overflow, everyone in the mission AFAIK gets improvements to almost every stat, and how to fit all of that in one line seems to be a very hard puzzle (even people who do daily sudoku books will have a hard time with this!)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #62 on: September 16, 2014, 01:27:20 pm »
Maybe with colored bars? Every stat has a different color, so soldier name followed by multi-colored bar - each +1 is 2 pixels width of a given color...

I agree with you on principle (it is sudoku-difficult as the soldiers increase a lot of stats) but seeing stat increases would be awesome none the less :)

Offline pkrcel

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 16, 2014, 02:33:09 pm »
It's a neat idea, and besides I don't see the problem of the UI.

Of course one woudl have to design a new debrief screen with the soldiers stats embedded.....

Offline Dave84

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 16, 2014, 03:43:12 pm »
Quick question about the visibilityAtDark setting on armors. If I have mods that add extra aliens, will I have to set this property on their armors to 20 otherwise they will have the default visibility of 9? Or will the game give them a default visibility of 20 in the dark because they are aliens?

Edit: I have another request to improve the AI in a way I think could be added to the ruleset as so not to affect unmodded OpenXcom. The AI at the moment hardly ever uses autoshot. This is even more noticeable when using mods like Xeno operations, where the aliens get the plasma assaulter which has a great autoshot which the aliens refuse to use unless the target is within 3 squares of them.

One solution would be to rewrite the AI to chose the type of shot that gives them the best chance of hitting based on distance (if using ufoextender accuracy). This could easily be calculated, but would change the AI for everyone and some might prefer the vanilla AI that hardly ever uses autoshot.

So instead, perhaps a property could be added to the item. My understanding of the code is that the AI prefers to use autoshot if the target is less than 4 squares from them, prefers to use aimed shot if the target is more than 12 squares from them, and will prefer to use snapshot otherwise. They will only use other types of shot if they don't have enough TUs to use the prefered shot. Could these values come from the ruleset instead? E.g. have an AIAutoRange and an AIAimedRange property on the item, that defaults to 4 and 12. Then this could be modified in a ruleset to allow the AI to use each weapon more effectively.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 04:06:41 pm by Dave84 »

Offline redv

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 16, 2014, 05:05:48 pm »
Quick question about the visibilityAtDark setting on armors. If I have mods that add extra aliens, will I have to set this property on their armors to 20 otherwise they will have the default visibility of 9? Or will the game give them a default visibility of 20 in the dark because they are aliens?

visibilityAtDark sets 20 tiles for aliens and 9 tiles for humans by default.
Therefore all extra aliens will see 20 tiles at dark.
If you don't want change this, then you dont need write extra "visibilityAtDark" strings in your ruleset.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 05:17:06 pm by redv »

Offline KingMob4313

• Commander
  • Never let me down again.
    • View Profile
    • Mod Hub for Equal Terms 2.0
« Reply #66 on: September 16, 2014, 10:03:48 pm »
Can I pull down a branch and work on fixing the shotgun hack so that is not a hack?

Online Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 16, 2014, 10:41:12 pm »
Yup, if result is less hackly than current solution I will gladly include it to may branch.
BTW do you have plan how to fix it?

Online Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 18, 2014, 11:37:31 pm »
New feature, crafts weapon can alter craft stats.
For now you can change:
Code: [Select]
stats: #stats that are add to crafts stats
  fuelMax: 0
  damageMax: 0
  speedMax: 0
  accel: 0
  radarRange: 0
  radarChance: 0
  sightRange: 0

Offline arrakis69ct

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 19, 2014, 02:31:33 am »
Ohhhh posibilities. Fuel extend .  turbo boost. Power acelerator.

May be extra cargo for skiranger??? More soldiers or one more tank XD

« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 02:34:13 am by arrakis69ct »

Offline robin

• Commander
  • ULTIMATE ROOKIE
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 19, 2014, 11:05:04 am »
New feature, crafts weapon can alter craft stats.
For now you can change:
Code: [Select]
stats: #stats that are add to crafts stats
  fuelMax: 0
  damageMax: 0
  speedMax: 0
  accel: 0
  radarRange: 0
  radarChance: 0
  sightRange: 0
this + the 4 slots.. if the goal was an Apocalypse-like customization (for crafts), then you have reached it.

(Now we'd need UFOs to do a little more too, they should at least have the option to get a second weapon :P ).

I haven't followed the development, but I wish this to be integrated with the main OXC release.

Offline Random Commander

• Captain
  • Making no sense since 1997
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 19, 2014, 02:00:19 pm »
(Now we'd need UFOs to do a little more too, they should at least have the option to get a second weapon :P ).

Yes, they should have the ability to FIRE ZE MISSILES!

Online Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 19, 2014, 07:01:16 pm »
May be extra cargo for skiranger??? More soldiers or one more tank XD
This will require to much effort to implement that this is worth. This is limited primary by battlescape and adding any number will not fix that.
Another problem is adding new code that will throwing out stuff from craft when you remove weapon that give out additional solder/tank slot.

Offline arrakis69ct

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 19, 2014, 11:40:24 pm »
This will require to much effort to implement that this is worth. This is limited primary by battlescape and adding any number will not fix that.
Another problem is adding new code that will throwing out stuff from craft when you remove weapon that give out additional solder/tank slot.
Ok. Only is a idea. But may be possible others options in future.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #74 on: September 20, 2014, 10:19:33 am »
So instead, perhaps a property could be added to the item. My understanding of the code is that the AI prefers to use autoshot if the target is less than 4 squares from them, prefers to use aimed shot if the target is more than 12 squares from them, and will prefer to use snapshot otherwise. They will only use other types of shot if they don't have enough TUs to use the prefered shot. Could these values come from the ruleset instead? E.g. have an AIAutoRange and an AIAimedRange property on the item, that defaults to 4 and 12. Then this could be modified in a ruleset to allow the AI to use each weapon more effectively.

I have a feeling it should change dynamically according to:
- weapon accuracy (use less accurate firing modes if it's accurate enough - say, use Snap Shot over Aimed Shot if chance to hit is 75% or more),
- autoshots number (the more bullet a weapon spews per auto shot, the higher the preference for using auto shot).
I believe it would make for a much more robust, versatile and efficient AI system, at a small cost of adding these formulas.

BTW , I'm really excited about the new weapon type/slot system. Really excited. :)