Author Topic: [OLD] Old OXCE discussion thread  (Read 663715 times)

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [EXE] OpenXcom Extended
« Reply #900 on: August 11, 2016, 09:04:15 pm »
I sat down with Dioxine and we have compiled a list of features that we would like to see implemented the most. It is here:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pUZBoVKeZmfXUwIm4-FDRLx_fIISGFrp1131DLfyO40/edit?usp=sharing

Each feature contains a brief description of how it should work.

Many of these are old and already mentioned in places. Also, some of them are more sensible/easy than others. But all of them are there for a specific, practical reason, ie. there are actual plans for their use (in Piratez and X-Com Files).

Hopefully this will be of some use.
I appreciate grouping all proposal in one place, it will be helpful to finding what to do next.

btw "Global damageAlter per type" I will probably never do something that could alter permanently basic damage types. This will simply introduce conflicts between mods and made impractical to create different subtypes for one damage type. I would prefer adding option for multiple global alter types that could be shared between items or different mods. This could be reused too for custom smoke effects on tiles but this will be added in further future :)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #901 on: August 17, 2016, 08:02:54 pm »
btw "Global damageAlter per type" I will probably never do something that could alter permanently basic damage types. This will simply introduce conflicts between mods and made impractical to create different subtypes for one damage type. I would prefer adding option for multiple global alter types that could be shared between items or different mods. This could be reused too for custom smoke effects on tiles but this will be added in further future :)

IMO trying to avoid conflicts between mods is a pipe dream - mods are conflicting and always will. But naturally you know the best how to adress that. But to be frank, lack of freely defined inheritances is the biggest pain in the ass (yaml anchors do very poorly in that aspect). However custom globals that don't touch the Holy 10 Damage Types are fine too.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #902 on: August 17, 2016, 09:03:37 pm »
However custom globals that don't touch the Holy 10 Damage Types are fine too.

You mean enabling global damageAlter per types, but only for custom types?
Yeah, it could work.

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: August 17, 2016, 10:21:34 pm »
You mean enabling global damageAlter per types, but only for custom types?
Yeah, it could work.
Right now I see this different, you create new "default" based on original and after that you use it as you fit.

Offline HelmetHair

• Colonel
  • He who laughs last thinks fastest.
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: August 18, 2016, 02:39:22 am »
Quick question....

Is there definable and default inventory layouts for armor?

That is to say, if I had a guy with no armor on basically just a jumpsuit a soldier could have basically no space but his hands while a guy in crazy web gear or powered armor could have a ton more inventory space.

Is this possible? Pipe dream?

thanks!

Edited because of another question.

Is there an option for when being hit with a projectile weapon that doesn't penetrate armor to deal a fractional amount of stun damage instead?

-HH
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 02:49:16 am by HelmetHair »

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: August 18, 2016, 04:00:42 am »
Piratez does have a hack that allows to vary inventories based on armors: You define the largest one as the inventory, then armors with smaller inventories get "black squares" items that cover up the slots that you don't want the armor to have. Sounds weird, maybe, but it works pretty well as far as the user is concerned.

Extended allows you to define armor penetration (ie ignore a % of armor) and to have multiple types of damage, so it might be possible. If not, I expect Yankes' answer will be: Scripts! ;)

Offline HelmetHair

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: August 18, 2016, 05:25:10 am »
Cool,

Thanks Arthanor!

I'll have to pick through code/ script to figure it out... If I understand right you could have API (armor piercing incendiary), or HEIAP(High-explosive incendiary/armor-piercing) rounds. Fuck. Yeah.

I'll let yankes chime in.

Now to hope for an airstrike mod.

I'd love to designate a target with a laser and then x turns later it gets a paveway hammered on top of it... that would be sweet.

-HH

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #907 on: August 19, 2016, 02:36:42 pm »
Yankes, when can we expect an update to newer nightlies?

It's not that I'm impatient, I would simply like to know, in order to plan my work better.

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: August 19, 2016, 08:08:26 pm »
Yankes, when can we expect an update to newer nightlies?

It's not that I'm impatient, I would simply like to know, in order to plan my work better.
I plan do two releases without it (2.3 and 2.4) and after that I will do 2.5 that primary focus will be merges (with nightly and some functionality from Meridian branch).
2.3 is now half done, I finished new lighting and now I start working on my version of custom visibility. After that I will add some small functionality requested here.
Hard to say how much exactly time will take to do 2.3 and 2.4, I guess that will take around 1 month to 2.5 and merge with nightly.

Offline HelmetHair

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: August 20, 2016, 03:42:41 am »
Like a flashlight?

I wait with baited breath.

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: August 20, 2016, 10:09:44 am »
Like a flashlight?

I wait with baited breath.
I do not jest check if this will be possible (aka how many changes is needed to remove all glitches caused by this). But I still plan do this in 2.3.

Offline HelmetHair

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: August 20, 2016, 11:18:09 am »
If you do I'll send you a fruit basket...

;D

Offline clownagent

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: August 20, 2016, 12:37:35 pm »
A short question on scripts:

Is it possible with them to define secondary explosions?

Example: A demolition pack is lying around and hit by a grenade. The grenade then triggers the demolition pack to explode with its normal strength.

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: August 20, 2016, 02:29:22 pm »
A short question on scripts:

Is it possible with them to define secondary explosions?

Example: A demolition pack is lying around and hit by a grenade. The grenade then triggers the demolition pack to explode with its normal strength.
Right now you can't. In future it will be probably possible.

Offline SophiaThe3rd

• Sergeant
  • For Love of the Frog
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: August 28, 2016, 10:52:01 am »
using the latest nightlies and oxce i seem to get a crash upon display of the cryssalid weapon icon from terror.png be it from debug mode or MC, other 3 terror units show correctly. bug?