Author Topic: [WIP][Beta][MegaMod]Equal Terms 2.0 - Beta 1.997  (Read 155684 times)

Offline pkrcel

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: [WIP][Beta][MegaMod]Equal Terms 2.0 - Beta 1.997
« Reply #255 on: October 14, 2014, 03:08:39 pm »
I can't say, I find myself using it purely for the fun of it.....Ethereals and Mutons basically are resistant to it, but (for instance) snakemen are definitely not. 

Also the MGL does NOT fire with no line of fire even if you override holding CTRL key (much like a 'cannot throw here' ) so it can't (easily) be used to demolish pesky walls to give your snipers a corner.

The AP flechette I found most ineffective, but consider I'm against almost exclusively the two top tiers.....

Incendiary ammo itself is VERY useful in jungle since the MGL may spread fire out MUCH more effectively than others (rocket and grenade).

Offline HelmetHair

• Colonel
  • He who laughs last thinks fastest.
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: October 14, 2014, 03:41:44 pm »
I can't say, I find myself using it purely for the fun of it.....Ethereals and Mutons basically are resistant to it, but (for instance) snakemen are definitely not. 

Also the MGL does NOT fire with no line of fire even if you override holding CTRL key (much like a 'cannot throw here' ) so it can't (easily) be used to demolish pesky walls to give your snipers a corner.

The AP flechette I found most ineffective, but consider I'm against almost exclusively the two top tiers.....

Incendiary ammo itself is VERY useful in jungle since the MGL may spread fire out MUCH more effectively than others (rocket and grenade).

This.

Offline KingMob4313

• Commander
  • Never let me down again.
    • View Profile
    • Mod Hub for Equal Terms 2.0
« Reply #257 on: October 14, 2014, 05:36:45 pm »
Reinforced shotgun is missing autofire. 1.9981 out tonight.

Offline pkrcel

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: October 14, 2014, 07:03:30 pm »
Did not know it should have it!  :o

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #259 on: October 14, 2014, 07:33:10 pm »
Hey Diox, I'm willing to bribe you for help, do you have a paypal?

I do not. What's the problem dude?

Offline KingMob4313

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: October 14, 2014, 07:57:06 pm »
I do not. What's the problem dude?

I previously put together the HWP for my mod correctly, but it was refusing to work.

I didn't know that I needed a version past the initial 1.0 release to get two weapon tanks to work.

Offline KingMob4313

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: October 14, 2014, 07:57:56 pm »
Did not know it should have it!  :o

It should.  Also, with the elerium shotgun shells removed, it needs it to make it worth even having.

Offline HelmetHair

• Colonel
  • He who laughs last thinks fastest.
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: October 15, 2014, 11:18:39 pm »
Ok I love your tanks, however I have a small request so I can get started on my let's play....

Upping the number of HWPs to allow me to carry more scout drones...

Because having a limit of HWPs of  is pretty rough when you want two scout drones and breaks up my tactical doctrine :(

so can you edit the skyranger to allow 6 HWPs? And the avenger to 8? Yes, I know this sounds crazy.... However, I have attempted to do this on my own and not gotten anywhere really....

-HH

Offline KingMob4313

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: October 15, 2014, 11:34:47 pm »
Ok I love your tanks, however I have a small request so I can get started on my let's play....

Upping the number of HWPs to allow me to carry more scout drones...

Because having a limit of HWPs of  is pretty rough when you want two scout drones and breaks up my tactical doctrine :(

so can you edit the skyranger to allow 6 HWPs? And the avenger to 8? Yes, I know this sounds crazy.... However, I have attempted to do this on my own and not gotten anywhere really....

-HH

I might have a release ready that has the coherence tanks and fourth state tanks done tonight. I'll make those small changes and push it out in a separate ruleset for ya.

Offline pkrcel

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: October 16, 2014, 01:43:08 am »
Great, this eve  I lost a whooping 1 laser tank per mission.... Hope those are a bit resilient.

Because it was mostly me rookies with laser weapons that took out my tanks..... -.-'

Offline KingMob4313

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: October 16, 2014, 06:14:32 am »
Coherency Tanks will be delayed one more day.  Life derailed me.

I was also kinda looking for a different non-hover tank so I could do alloy ground tanks and then make hovertanks require floater + cyberdisk research for the floaty bit.

Offline pkrcel

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: October 18, 2014, 11:38:02 pm »
Just got to flying suit, is it normal that there are no stats modifiers on the suit? ...given the other ones this quite surprises me.

EDIT: Yo King, hope to be useful here, attached ypu can find a skeleton rulest for armor repairs. So far I was able to repair my power suits, so it seems okay, but I leave ut here for you to look and correct if you wish.

« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 01:58:46 am by pkrcel »

Offline cjones

• Captain
  • Happy bug hunting!
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: October 19, 2014, 02:56:22 am »
Ooh armor repair.  Gimme

Offline KingMob4313

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: October 19, 2014, 05:31:12 am »
Just got to flying suit, is it normal that there are no stats modifiers on the suit? ...given the other ones this quite surprises me.

EDIT: Yo King, hope to be useful here, attached ypu can find a skeleton rulest for armor repairs. So far I was able to repair my power suits, so it seems okay, but I leave ut here for you to look and correct if you wish.

Weird, they should have stat changes on the flying suit, let me see what's up.

Awesome! Thanks.

Offline KingMob4313

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: October 19, 2014, 06:14:42 am »
The numbers look good. The listorders and such don't matter because I am going to be doing a major reorg before 2.0

I made a small number of changes to make the names match to your ruleset PK, but no other changes.  I may double the sell prices before 2.0, though

Working on getting the Plasma Tanks together right now. The Laser Tanks have all be tested and work great.  I also made another huge change as shown here:

There will be no ammo sheets for the plasma weapon's ammo, however. Just for the tier 0 and 0.5.  Also all the tank ammo will have ufopedia entries so you know how much ammo to buy, since it's a bit opaque to know how much LMG or GMG ammo to buy.

Before 2.0, the tank's armor will be nerfed a bit more, however, still keeping the same damage cut (% of damage) as currently used in the mod.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 06:22:15 am by KingMob4313 »