Author Topic: [WIP][Beta][MegaMod]Equal Terms 2.0 - Beta 1.997  (Read 155784 times)

Offline KingMob4313

• Commander
  • Never let me down again.
    • View Profile
    • Mod Hub for Equal Terms 2.0
Re: [WIP][MegaMod]Equal Terms 2.0 - Beta 1.975
« Reply #75 on: September 16, 2014, 08:40:56 pm »
Exactly.

Bizarre! I wasn't seeing in on my side, but I will investigate further. I've been using the coherency mod for months now and never noticed. I will look into the bigobs for those.

The new craft weapons are almost done. Will release another beta with the fixed graphics and enhanced plasma sounds tonight at utc 23h30
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 08:43:01 pm by KingMob4313 »

Offline Infini

• Colonel
  • Alien French Translator
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 16, 2014, 08:48:43 pm »
The new craft weapons are almost done. Will release another beta with the fixed graphics and enhanced plasma sounds tonight at utc 23h30

Nice.  Thank you.

:)

Offline pkrcel

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 16, 2014, 10:10:13 pm »
It's from a recording of the very rifle in the game being fired in real life, with an echo effect on it.

Niiice, I have to say....I wasn't hearing very well the sounds yesterday...now on my laptop in a comfortable studio it's much better! And also I am doing right now a Railyard terror mission and the echo of the sniper rifle is VERY appropriated.

Offline Infini

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 16, 2014, 10:56:27 pm »
2 Snipers, well positioned, near the SkyRanger, protected by a SAW, while the rest of my troops are far away.
They save my butt a few times.
And the sound of the rifle, I agree, incredible.

:D

Offline pkrcel

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 16, 2014, 11:23:57 pm »
Well, I have on ly one snniper and two marksmen. I use the SAW to breach charge and general defensiveness.

Anyway I find the loadup REALLY interesting.

Satchel charges are fun and the perfect anti-reaper (thou I admit they're REALLY soft).

Offline Infini

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 16, 2014, 11:31:43 pm »
Cyberdiscs are tough, Chryssalid, a real nightmare with 2 legs.

Reapers, not so bad, I agree.

Offline KingMob4313

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 17, 2014, 05:58:46 am »
Cyberdiscs are tough, Chryssalid, a real nightmare with 2 legs.

Reapers, not so bad, I agree.

I've found using the explosive packs right under the buttcheeks of the chryssalids are the best case, or damage then with a grenade and then pound the dogcrap out of them with high ROF weapons.

...But yeah, without alloy ammo at least, it's gonna be a nightmare.

Offline KingMob4313

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 17, 2014, 05:59:42 am »
New release. No new weapons or aspects, just a bugfix release.

Should address the massive handobs and bigobs issues with large swaths of the graphics. Also addresses a few suggestions. 

Also, I redrew a few of the laser weapons to be more 'internally consistent' (power cell, step up emitter on all laser weapons now).

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1502368/EqualTerms1.9762Beta.zip
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 06:06:51 am by KingMob4313 »

Offline KingMob4313

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 17, 2014, 06:04:13 am »
Link added in previous post.

Also, ignore the 'rebalance' rulefiles.  I forgot to remove them.  They are for using the packs separately, while still balancing the existing weapons.

(they should be removed now. Sorry)
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 06:13:07 am by KingMob4313 »

Offline Infini

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 17, 2014, 12:46:14 pm »
New release. No new weapons or aspects, just a bugfix release.

Thank you.  There are no horrible bugs in fact, just problems with the inventory screen (I hope).

Also, I redrew a few of the laser weapons to be more 'internally consistent' (power cell, step up emitter on all laser weapons now).

If I understand well, not a bad idea.  Laser weapons, powered by sun at night (UFO crash or terror mission), not very realistic.  Even with the vanilla version, I always found strange that lasers had infinite ammos.
Those weapons are usually lightweight.  It will be like that even with power cells ?

French translation
Nothing new to add.  Just 1 minor correction done.  It will be added later.
For improved ammos, I use the character (^) Up arrow
I like the result.  Clean, short, effective.

Offline KingMob4313

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 17, 2014, 07:38:29 pm »
Thank you.  There are no horrible bugs in fact, just problems with the inventory screen (I hope).

If I understand well, not a bad idea.  Laser weapons, powered by sun at night (UFO crash or terror mission), not very realistic.  Even with the vanilla version, I always found strange that lasers had infinite ammos.
Those weapons are usually lightweight.  It will be like that even with power cells ?

French translation
Nothing new to add.  Just 1 minor correction done.  It will be added later.
For improved ammos, I use the character (^) Up arrow
I like the result.  Clean, short, effective.

Yeah, I am not sure what the original conceit was behind the laser weapons having no ammo, but with the item limit issues in the original game, it helped in some ways. I will be setting a built in ammo limit to the laser weapons shortly.

I forgot to mention that I increased the volume of the the plasma weapon shots as well.

Offline pkrcel

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 17, 2014, 10:32:44 pm »
Reporting for duty.

Upon discovering Aloy Manufacturing, the "View Reports" button throws the player to the ISSRL Pedia page and NOT the Alloy manufacturing one.

We're still lacking a page for all the rockets but I guess you're onto it.

Offline KingMob4313

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 17, 2014, 11:57:01 pm »
Reporting for duty.

Upon discovering Aloy Manufacturing, the "View Reports" button throws the player to the ISSRL Pedia page and NOT the Alloy manufacturing one.

We're still lacking a page for all the rockets but I guess you're onto it.

I can't seem to figure out how to display a tech page after research completion if that research unlocks items.

I fear I might be forced to split up alloys even more in research.

Offline Infini

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 18, 2014, 12:40:22 am »
I forgot to mention that I increased the volume of the the plasma weapon shots as well.

Almost perfect.
I'll add 15% more, your choice.

:)

Offline KingMob4313

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [WIP][Beta][MegaMod]Equal Terms 2.0 - Beta 1.975
« Reply #89 on: September 18, 2014, 04:54:16 am »
Infini, I reworked a few of the UFOpedias:

Alloy Manufacturing
Research into the alloys used in alien craft and weaponry opened up new avenues of super-material construction. While this research permits the creation of the precise rare-earth doped alloys used by the alien forces, this construction technology is more effective and efficient at creating 'super alloys' than terrestrial electrical sintering, or chemical vapor deposition. Creating new alloys with this methodology will facilitate the manufacture of new armor, improved small arms and allow for further research into directed-energy weapon technology. Additionally, this technology can be used to synthesize new chemical compounds for a variety of applications from explosives, power cells to medical technology.

LASER WEAPONS:
Applying the nano-scale alloy manufacturing process towards power cell technology has placed the research team on the cusp of producing viable directed-energy weapons. With energy constraints removed, the research team expanded on a novel laser weapon technology previously in development in multiple countries during the early 1960s. Initial application will be in interceptor weaponry, with miniaturization of the technology for use in small arms possible later with refinement of the design and construction process

STR_LASER_ARRAY_UFOPEDIA: BY REDESIGNING THE EMITTERS ON A STANDARD AIRCRAFT LASER CANNON TO CYCLE QUICKER AT THE EXPENSE OF BEAM POWER, THE LASER ARRAY CANNON PROVIDES ATTACK CRAFT WITH A RAPID FIRE WEAPON, WITH INCREASED ACCURACY AT THE EXPENSE OF THE WEAPON'S RANGE.

STR_WASP_MISSILE: Wasp Missile
      STR_WASP_MISSILES: Wasp Missile
      STR_WASP_MISSILE_UC: WASP MISSILES
      STR_WASP_MISSILE_LAUNCHER: Wasp Missile Launcher
      STR_WASP_MISSILE_UFOPEDIA: THIS LIGHT WEIGHT SRAAM FROM THALES AIR DEFENSE HAS A VECTORED THRUST SYSTEM AND A POWERFUL PROPULSION SYSTEM. WHILE THE WARHEAD IS RATHER WEAK, AN INTERCEPTOR CAN CARRY A NUMBER OF THESE FAST FIRING MISSILES.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 05:05:36 am by KingMob4313 »