aliens

Author Topic: [FACILITY] Improved Living Quarters + Large Stores (updated 2.0)  (Read 44581 times)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Re: [FACILITY] Improved Living Quarters - Now With Pictures
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2014, 04:00:26 pm »
2x1 is not possible; it has to be square. But there is no upper limit (even 5x5 should work). And yeah I'm planning on expanding this small mod when I have the time, first 2x2 stores, then "Falko Space Program" 3x3 workshop, and we'll see what's more :)

Bed numbers: my small quarters have 18 beds, big quarters have 84. It's below the intended capacity (25 and 125 respectively) but not outrageously so :) I still want to create "radar base living quarters" for 10-15 people as you don't usually want to garrison more people there; it'd probably have some storage space too.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 04:02:53 pm by Dioxine »

Offline smexyvami

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2014, 05:25:09 pm »
2x1 is not possible; it has to be square. But there is no upper limit (even 5x5 should work). And yeah I'm planning on expanding this small mod when I have the time, first 2x2 stores, then "Falko Space Program" 3x3 workshop, and we'll see what's more :)

Bed numbers: my small quarters have 18 beds, big quarters have 84. It's below the intended capacity (25 and 125 respectively) but not outrageously so :) I still want to create "radar base living quarters" for 10-15 people as you don't usually want to garrison more people there; it'd probably have some storage space too.

aww one can dream i gess of the 1x2 T_T i wanted work shops and labs that size but ohh well

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2014, 06:02:29 pm »
aww one can dream i gess of the 1x2 T_T i wanted work shops and labs that size but ohh well

You'd have to deal with rotating the facility, that'd be a pain in the ass...

But if we ever get the two-layer bases (which will be necessary if we have many more facilities), then it could have 2 storeys!

Offline Vulgar Monkey

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2014, 11:43:58 pm »
Sorry....two-layer bases?

I didnt realise that was even up for discussion!
Well that's something to look forward to.....I was wondering how we'd actually find the space for these things.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2014, 11:49:27 pm »
Sorry....two-layer bases?

I didnt realise that was even up for discussion!
Well that's something to look forward to.....I was wondering how we'd actually find the space for these things.

Yeah, there was such an idea floating around; you would get two layers of base layout, and therefore four levels in battlescape. I must say I find it much more elegant than making the base larger.

Offline guille1434

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2014, 02:37:19 am »
Well, after reading this, and some other thread wich dealt with bigger bases, I have some ideas I would like to share here:

1) Bigger bases (not "infinite" ones!): may be some day could be coded the posibility to add a special facilty called, for example "large base life support", which would have expensive cost and mainteinance... The effect of this facility would be that when you build it, you are allowed to make your standard 6x6 base larger, say 8x8 or may be 10x10 o may be a moddble new base size... So, you can have a large or very large base, but you will have to pay a lot for it (again, this building and fixed monthly costos should be moddable)

2) Two level bases... I don't know... wouldn't it  be cumbersome to show such a base in the base managing screen? May be making an "upper level - lower level" button just like the one in the battlescape? I think it would be easier just to have the possibility to scroll around a bigger map base on that screen.

3) For the two level bases, I assume hangars will be only be able to be built on the upper level (or being a double height facility, taking 8 squares (four lower, four upper) to allow  the alien raiders to easily get to the lower level of the base. The same will be true for the main elevator shaft, one square area, two squares deep. Will aliens directed by the AI ever invade the lower base level?

4) The "space program base" is an excellent idea... To win the war you will not be able just to launch any ship from any base... but a special spaceship from a special base... Pray for the aliens not to find that base before you can equip and laouch your final assault!

PS: I would love to see what is explained in points 1 and 4 included in the game, or, at least, some similar thing!  8)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Re: [FACILITY] Improved Living Quarters + Large Stores (updated 2.0)
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2014, 11:38:08 pm »
The mod has been expanded by a new facility: Large Storage Facility. See 1st post for DL.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 11:40:12 pm by Dioxine »

Offline arrakis69ct

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2014, 01:58:01 am »
And the storage is?????

Enviado desde mi LG-D802 mediante Tapatalk

Offline BlackLibrary

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2014, 05:26:35 am »
First off, I'm loving this mod.  Absolutely mandatory for ever, as far as I am concerned.  There are a few things that could be mentioned for likes and for improvements:

1.  I like the spread out.  I've done quite a few base defenses where this is practically the choking point.  Its nice to see real cohesion in the layout with real practical feel to it. 
2.  Too many "private" areas.  XCOM base should feel lived in, tight, yet organized.  No private bathrooms.
3.  Instead of base equipment laying all over the upstairs where the soldiers sleep (literally) can the half dozen practical spaces be utilized for that equipment.  There is the locker space and a conference room.  Is it possible at all for equipment to be scattered there instead of the sleeping area, even if its on the first floor?
4.  Banks of terminals is meh.  I'd prefer to see one centralized large computer or a tactical prep area.  Even a food area, vending area, storage bin looking area,  or even an officer's lounge would be more preferred.
5.  The number of personnel is way too high.  I won't begin by psychobabbling make beleive, but its just too many people for that one space.  Yes, it does provide the equivalent of 4 living spaces = 200 ppl, but you get sooo much more than just spare beds.  I'd say 150 personnel support, 200 max. 

Overall...it is very top notch and a fixture for OXCOM.  But you know that, for sure.  :)
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 05:41:42 am by BlackLibrary »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2014, 06:59:38 pm »
Thanks for the kind words, nothing like a job well done :)

2. This is fully intentional. I can't see the top brass and leading scientists mingling in the showers with the rookies, or sleeping in the common rooms. The rank has its privileges.
3. This is beyond my control; the OXCom engine scatters the stuff according to some arcane formulas across all facilities with Storage capacity. I say this is good enough for me.
4. Hey the Pedia says that LQ provide basic entertainment, that what's the computers are for. Your ideas are good but would require adding more tilesets (a lot of work), which I am unwilling to do atm.
5. I agree but the mod is supposed to be unobtrusive. To play-as-intended, cut the costs and personel capacity of both large and normal Living Quarters by half (=personnel takes more space than vanilla). Or cut the personnel of large LQ to 150 and cut its costs in half (= normal LQ compact & fast to build, but much more expensive per person).

Offline smexyvami

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2014, 12:19:35 am »
where do the hwp spawn :P hope not upstairs

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2014, 12:26:01 am »
Worry not, the large stores have 2-tiles wide stairs&doors :) (Yes they can spawn upstairs. Rarely).

Offline arrakis69ct

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2014, 02:01:31 am »
A question in normal conditions how stations add space storage??

Offline pkrcel

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2014, 05:26:37 pm »
I was trying my hand at a simple starting base with one of each of your wonderful creations.....I'm playing with KingMobs's Equal Terms and basically I can't stuff sh*t for 10 sodliers....but your facilities are HUGE, I end up with 225 space and 300 storage!

Unfortunately that's excessive for a starting base (it's almst cheating  :-[ ).

Anyway top notch, these are great and are a sure addition to my modbase.

Offline arrakis69ct

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2014, 06:14:52 pm »
Cheating says...... In 20 ufos talk to me XD