aliens

Author Topic: New Medi-Kits  (Read 11010 times)

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
New Medi-Kits
« on: August 04, 2014, 01:59:09 pm »
Hello,
 Now i am working on medical equipment and cloning i wish to build a item that can directly affect stats of a unit and have a Time frame attached to it. This would be interesting for both Xcom and Aliens to play with.
Looking at the rulesets "https://www.ufopaedia.org/index.php?title=Ruleset_Reference_(OpenXcom)" it appears i can only influence a few things, and only up to max... I want to go over this and in some cases have it wear off in X amount of turns. Another intereting feature would be to add a Medical SKILL and allow chance of overdoes or other negative affects based of units skill set.

This will give Warboys Medical room some benefit and allow me to move some Medics into the Tactical game as a different unit type.

Any chance we can have this feature?
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 02:08:55 pm by luke83 »

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
Re: New Medi-Kits
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2014, 02:10:26 pm »
Also would like to bring engineers into battle for field repairs of armoured units and placement ( spawning) of defensive turrets.... ALso Mechanical skill would be helpful new stat.

Offline Aldorn

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2014, 02:31:20 pm »
Hello,
 Now i am working on medical equipment and cloning i wish to build a item that can directly affect stats of a unit and have a Time frame attached to it. This would be interesting for both Xcom and Aliens to play with.
Looking at the rulesets "https://www.ufopaedia.org/index.php?title=Ruleset_Reference_(OpenXcom)" it appears i can only influence a few things, and only up to max... I want to go over this and in some cases have it wear off in X amount of turns. Another intereting feature would be to add a Medical SKILL and allow chance of overdoes or other negative affects based of units skill set.

This will give Warboys Medical room some benefit and allow me to move some Medics into the Tactical game as a different unit type.

Any chance we can have this feature?
The final ) is not included in the link
Also https://www.ufopaedia.org/index.php?title=Ruleset_Reference_(OpenXcom) works

Also would like to bring engineers into battle for field repairs of armoured units and placement ( spawning) of defensive turrets.... ALso Mechanical skill would be helpful new stat.
I added crews dedicated :
- to heal (using your civilian medi-kit)
- to bring heavy ammunition => I would prefer your engineer
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 02:38:16 pm by Aldorn »

Offline Arpia

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2014, 02:36:13 pm »
to add to this, what about...
-able to use medical items on aliens
-self heal with medical items
-negative damage handling (adds health instead of take it... currently weapons with 0< dam do nothing or cause a crash depending on item)

Offline LeBashar

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2014, 05:33:26 pm »
If stats can be modified by bonus or malus limited in time, this can make possible all sort of fun things :
- battle drug
- flashbang grenade (real ones)
- anti armor weapons, which only decrease armor, quiclky, or slowly over the time.
etc.

Offline Falko

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2014, 05:57:13 pm »
so you can build this?
Code: [Select]
items:
  - type: STR_BOTTLE_BEER
    addstrength: 10
    addbravery: 40
    addenenergy: 5
    addpsistrength: -10
    addaccuracy: -10
    addreaction: -10
so how is that applied?
    addbravery: [40,5,1] = add 40 bravery for 5 turns and reduce one from the clip size 1
but its a combined application - all add* are done at the same time so it does not work like a medikit

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2014, 09:17:16 pm »
so you can build this?
Code: [Select]
items:
  - type: STR_BOTTLE_BEER
    addstrength: 10
    addbravery: 40
    addenenergy: 5
    addpsistrength: -10
    addaccuracy: -10
    addreaction: -10
so how is that applied?
    addbravery: [40,5,1] = add 40 bravery for 5 turns and reduce one from the clip size 1
but its a combined application - all add* are done at the same time so it does not work like a medikit

Falko: Yes, i want Battle drugs :D

Edited:
Falkos example shows what i am thinking about :P The beer bottle example is self administered, would need to apply this like a medi-kit would.

still need:
Access to other stats
2 new Skill sets and a way to work off them when item is used
Negative effect when skill-set fails
Effect Duration
way to add doctors in game to do research and be transferred be added to craft for duty
Way to transfer engineer to battle field role

Also, can Armour be repaired in the same way as above?
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 09:24:04 pm by luke83 »

Offline Falko

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2014, 09:20:24 pm »
Excellent, so it looks like we can already access most of the data i need :P
what ? i made just stuff up there as an example in trying to understand your goal in this

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2014, 09:21:39 pm »
what ? i made just stuff up there as an example in trying to understand your goal in this
RIght, so i cant actually do that yet :P  Yes that is what i need to get to :D

this should also open the doors for energy shields, weapons with recharge rates etc...
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 02:48:36 pm by luke83 »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2014, 10:56:29 pm »
You cannot pull it off without including bound unit status effects (so ex. you can't gain +120 TU by drinking 12 beers straight), and this means new entities and major code changes.... but then again, status effects are a nice idea and a logical step forward.
Then again #2, personally I don't like potions that much since you need to drink them all the time, which slows the action down and distracts from the general game flow.

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2014, 11:35:05 pm »
And then you need to consider your stomach getting full of potions, so you don't have room to drink more (Aaah.. ADOM! Drinking a potion instead of being hungry!), and the complex alchemy of everything in your stomach! :P Or for stims, all that stuff in your blood can't be good either.

Battles are so short in XCom, it seems to me like stims/drugs should be activated at the beginning and last the whole battle (with detrimental effect being handled as wounding the soldier at the end, maybe?)

Offline BlackLibrary

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2014, 01:42:36 am »
Heck...who says they aren't already jacked up.   :)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2014, 11:40:20 am »
And then you need to consider your stomach getting full of potions, so you don't have room to drink more (Aaah.. ADOM! Drinking a potion instead of being hungry!), and the complex alchemy of everything in your stomach! :P Or for stims, all that stuff in your blood can't be good either.

Battles are so short in XCom, it seems to me like stims/drugs should be activated at the beginning and last the whole battle (with detrimental effect being handled as wounding the soldier at the end, maybe?)

My thoughts exactly. It also allows to avoid the hellish complexity of status effects. But an option of "Potion of Morale Restoring" should be introduced.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 11:42:23 am by Dioxine »

Offline yrizoud

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2014, 02:32:55 pm »
I wish the medikit's "pain killer" worked for any morale loss. It would then be a much bigger game element, with your medics pinning a pannicking soldier to counter the psi attacks.

Offline pkrcel

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2014, 07:57:30 pm »
+1, painkiller effect needs a buff....otherwise your PSI panicked soldiers are CONTINUOUSLY on their own, which is really really irritating.

Once PSI efficient you can even counter mind control with your own in OXC.....but panicked soldiers are off