Author Topic: Do you belive?  (Read 18434 times)

Offline Souljah1214

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Do you belive?
« on: June 23, 2014, 09:48:16 am »
I was diggin through the net, and somehow ended up reading about real life UFO reports... some of them were hillarious, but some of them seemed to be serious.
I see all this people on the forum, and was wondering, do you belive in extraterestrials? Or maybe have you seen anything unusual?

Offline Aldorn

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Do you belive?
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2014, 09:50:32 am »
I was diggin through the net, and somehow ended up reading about real life UFO reports... some of them were hillarious, but some of them seemed to be serious.
I see all this people on the forum, and was wondering, do you belive in extraterestrials? Or maybe have you seen anything unusual?
Nope, but I am currently preparing for it, thanks to the team  ;D

What I'm sure, is that there are so many lives oustide the window, that one day or the other, something will come, I just hope it will not do what do humans on earth with other lives...
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 09:52:56 am by Aldorn »

Emre

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2014, 09:53:37 am »
There's no scientific proof yet so believing them or not doesn't mean anything. Do i wish they exist? Yes.

Offline Aldorn

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2014, 09:57:24 am »
There's no scientific proof yet so believing them or not doesn't mean anything. Do i wish they exist? Yes.
Statistically...
Isn't it a little bit heliocentric to think that Earth could be alone in universe ? Worse, not alone, but we should be THE most advanced ?
Statistically...

Emre

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2014, 10:17:32 am »
It's not about believing like religion. They are there or not. We can be alone or there might be millions of advanced civilizataions. Who knows? Other than that it's just wishful thinking.

Offline Aldorn

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2014, 11:33:02 am »
It's not about believing like religion. They are there or not. We can be alone or there might be millions of advanced civilizataions. Who knows? Other than that it's just wishful thinking.
I was not speaking about believing but logic and statistics  :o

Emre

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2014, 11:54:19 am »
Statistics are not facts. Statisticsly world was flat, statisticsly there were gods for everything, statisticsly there's god.

"We are in an enormous universe so we MUST not be alone." Where's the logic there?

Offline Falko

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2014, 12:34:11 pm »
we know life developed at least on one planet - no reason why (in form or another) it could not happen else where
now count how many stars exists and its likely that "somewhere" there was/is/will be life on another planet

Offline Souljah1214

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2014, 01:04:54 pm »
well... maybe the use of the word "belive" was an unlucky choice... i know things havent been proven pro or contra... but on our little planet there is sooo much unexplained things.... like Hasseldale (i think i wrote it good). This place is in Sweden and it has witnessed some strange light occurances.... and also i kinda belive what Daniken and his companions are saying about ancient astronauts.... Imagine if the astronaut (at the Nazca lines) would be shaped like a Muton:D

Offline gunquinn

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2014, 04:48:36 pm »
“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

Arthur C. Clarke

Time will tell.

Offline Warboy1982

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2014, 06:35:44 pm »
one cannot rule out the possibility that an extraterrestrial civilization, perhaps a million years more advanced than ours has the capability of reaching the planet Earth - Michio Kaku

Earth being the only life-bearing planet in the whole universe is so mathematically improbable it's roughly equal to 0%.

statistics and probabilities may not be facts, but this is a thread asking what people hold to be the truth, and i trust statistical probability a lot more than gut instinct. granted we don't know now, and we may never know, given the size, speed and expansion of the universe as we know it.

the only logical way to approach this is statistically. we could get a rough estimate of how many life bearing planets MAY exist based on analytical data (that we don't have yet: our sample size is roughly 8 planets, and we barely know anything about the one we inhabit), or purely theoretical numbers: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rare_Earth_hypothesis for more information on the probabilities at play here.

On 4 November 2013, astronomers reported, based on Kepler space mission data, that there could be as many as 40 billion Earth-sized planets orbiting in the habitable zones of sun-like stars and red dwarf stars within the Milky Way Galaxy. 11 billion of these estimated planets may be orbiting sun-like stars.

that's just within our galaxy. extrapolate from that, it becomes pretty self-evident that the odds of us being alone are insignificant.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 06:47:55 pm by Warboy1982 »

Emre

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2014, 06:46:02 pm »
Earth being the only life-bearing planet in the whole universe is so mathematically improbable it's roughly equal to 0%.

So it's 100% there're extra terrastrials out there. This is funny. You can get nobel prize with that information.

Offline kharille

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2014, 06:49:32 pm »
Well, based on some very simple things I've heard like how greys have humanoid features, I had this idea that they might be some form of future human, evolving into annoying little creeps with their oversized heads, night vision large eyeballs and short physique and coming back to bother humans from the past.

Then again, thats based on very little data, wiki, movies and other learning materials I have available to me. 

That reminds me, I once stepped into a train and someone had a very weird look, he noticed I noticed him.  Looked like his eyes were somehow large and slanted.  Maybe political correctness is just some social pressure for us to not notice their infiltration into human society.  Hey, maybe he thought I looked weird too.....

*Waves tentacles*

Offline Warboy1982

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2014, 06:51:26 pm »
So it's 100% there're extra terrastrials out there. This is funny. You can get nobel prize with that information.

i'm expressing my personal views on the subject at hand, given what little evidence i have available, and what information i have had access to, and accepted as the truth. i never gave conclusive evidence one way or another because nobody can, i'm simply repeating information, as i understand it, that i have gleaned from what i consider much greater minds than our own. i never set out to prove anything.

the thread is about what people believe. if you disagree, you're completely free to, if you're just gonna crap on what people have to say and contribute nothing to the discussion, you can kindly gtfo.

edit: seems he deleted his account, i meant the thread, not the forums.  :( oops.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 09:57:30 pm by Warboy1982 »

Offline Falko

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2014, 07:23:32 pm »
following: loooong picture that tries to visualize the amount stuff in the universe
Spoiler...with a joke at the end - hope you can take one: